F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

What I'm hoping will be fixed in the next patch

This is a list of what I hope will be rectified in the next patch:

-Updated Mercedes livery

-Updated performance pecking order to reflect current F1 (Ferrari dropped behind Racing Point and and McLaren, probably equal with Renault; Racing Point, McLaren and Renault given boost away from Alpha Tauri)

-Ferrari engine price reduced based on above

-Time trial doesn't sometimes cause your game to crash

-Consistency with the AI from qualifying to race pace.

-Rectifying practice programs so they are not too easy/impossible to complete.

Let me know if you think there is anything else. 😊

Agree with most of the above but i’m curious about the last 2.

I don’t see any issues myself with AI Qualy vs race pace - seems spot on to me. I also think the practice programmes are fine (maybe a tad on the easy side but not enough to get bothered about).

100% agree with team standings. The Ferrari is a rocket on this game. Surprised considering they were behind after winter testing. 

I didn't have any issues with practice programs. (xbox) 

Quali is a bit off in general, for some reason one of the alfa romeos are often in the top 6.. That's not realistic! 

AI trains when slow / stopped needs to go, probably won't be in xbox next update. Ran out of fuel in quali and was starting either of the racing line or if the track where possible to not get in people's way, but the AI just slows right down and stays at my slow speed, causing a backlog of cars?! Happens after an off/spin too sometimes. 

I'd like to see the colour slider values added for customisation, prob won't be for a while. Also ability to change colour of each sponsor individually. 

Not experienced any other major bugs personally. 

I also was getting annoyed when I lapping, getting off the racing line, but having the car behind hang back. I figured out yesterday it's because the yellows are being waved, so the AI are avoiding penalties. Now, I wasn't particularly slow, so suspect the trigger for yellows is set too high. 

I’m really hoping they fix the issue where you get a dsq for not using two compounds even though you have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AoiAsahina said:

This is a list of what I hope will be rectified in the next patch:

-Updated Mercedes livery

-Updated performance pecking order to reflect current F1 (Ferrari dropped behind Racing Point and and McLaren, probably equal with Renault; Racing Point, McLaren and Renault given boost away from Alpha Tauri)

-Ferrari engine price reduced based on above

-Time trial doesn't sometimes cause your game to crash

-Consistency with the AI from qualifying to race pace.

-Rectifying practice programs so they are not too easy/impossible to complete.

Let me know if you think there is anything else. 😊

I know we all like the black Mercedes but we're still forgetting the McLaren livery 😭😅 but overall I'm sure these things will come soon. The game was only released 6 days ago and some are expecting instant updates. But I hope what you mentioned here are some of the first to come 🙂

• Thanks 1

I must admit that AI quali pace used to bother me but at least in race it give you opportunity to fight and pass a few AI on track. If it was the other way round where AI race was much quicker than quali and you was being overtaken all the time then that would be a real issue.

Totally agree with the proposed pecking order change

Make it more realistic and leave the price of the Ferrari engine but adjust performance to Renault's level. You pay for the name, not what you get? :classic_tongue:

3 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Make it more realistic and leave the price of the Ferrari engine but adjust performance to Renault's level. You pay for the name, not what you get? :classic_tongue:

And you also pay for how beautiful the Ferrari engine sounds

• Like 1

Remove micro transactions, fix the bugs from last 5 years you didnt fix but did copy again. Most important add (copy from F12018) Coop championship.  

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

The major graphical bug of track lights flickering / pulsating in Night races, its so distracting  and looks terrible 

Edited by TomAAA

14 hours ago, ThunderCats101 said:

I know we all like the black Mercedes but we're still forgetting the McLaren livery 😭😅 but overall I'm sure these things will come soon. The game was only released 6 days ago and some are expecting instant updates. But I hope what you mentioned here are some of the first to come 🙂

PC users have access to both since friyay 🙃

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Turtlemoose said:

I must admit that AI quali pace used to bother me but at least in race it give you opportunity to fight and pass a few AI on track. If it was the other way round where AI race was much quicker than quali and you was being overtaken all the time then that would be a real issue.

Totally agree with the proposed pecking order change

100% agree with this. I'm perfectly happy with the AI being basically 1-2 points of difficulty higher in quali than the race. I love fighting through the pack, especially because I typically run race-oriented reduced tyre wear setups that give me some extra pace later into each stint.

I'd like to also bring up the gearbox wear glitch that is currently present in MyTeam and the various connection issues in multiplayer.

Posted (edited)

I find the AI fine between qualyfing and race. Before asking for AI changes please provide some context. Are you using a setup that is better for the race?

I've tested it myself. With qualifying TT based setup is the complete opposite...

Which distance? To measure true pace the AI has to be judged in clean air something that honestly 25% distance users don't even see and 50% distance users see often but not always. Are you taking into account strategy too?

The user has a natural advantage in the race due to his ability to manage situations and strategy better (even fuel). A better decision making would always make the difference in the race. So the user by nature will be and has to be better in the race even with the same pace.

I'm sorry but I race the full distance and I hate seeing people asking for changes. The AI is slower in the race...and they block faster cars to overachieve.

For example when TRL Limitless does his videos against 110 AI, he's always faster than his true pace.

In many races he wins against ultimate AI, but he gets destroyed in terms of pure pace.

The AI is slower in the wet...and their wet stints are 6 laps long with assists on...

When you ask for a change please remember that the same AI is racing some users with simulation damage, strict corner cutting, no assist, 100 distance in full wet Monaco...

Edited by sirio994
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Guga_Cyr said:

PC users have access to both since friyay 🙃

With Mods yes, from the game itself no.

Maybe i can be wrong, but yesterday there are no Black Mercedes on my pc version whitout mods

A huge thing that I’d love to be fixed is the textures. Half the time the game looks like a last gen game due to the low res textures... it’s absolutely horrendous. Jagged edges on the my team livery, blurry suits and cars, I’m shocked by the lack of polish to the game 

• Agree 1

Anyone else keep getting the VSC and no SC ? Riccardo crashed into Hanoi and was blocking the track no SC at all. Every race so far I’ve been getting a VSC but no SC 

I would add strategy suggestions and MFD changes. It's not a gamebraking issue but I'd rather have Jeff doing the job instead of having to guess every time...

McLaren livery.

Current one is practically empty of sponsors.

I appreciate the reasons why Veto isnt on the game but there was a livery that had "better technology" on the car.

Better than nothing.