Car Setup Hotbar: Custom Favorites

Hi Codemasters,

I had an idea. Many of us prefer running custom setups And because of this, we have to manually look through our lists and load out our setup.  

As a Quality of Life improvement, I recommend a preset bar for custom setups/favorites. A bar very similar to how the default setups are displayed  

HOWEVER, as an initial implementation I recommend the simplest of implementation, so that you may first see user behavior and determine whether further development and expansion is beneficial to the series, as time and resources cost money  

In future, depending on adoption, It may be an idea to define a setup as global, or track / car specific, wherein, that setup will appear in the hotbar only when that specific combination is detected. 

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2020 at 1:22 AM, MisterJesus said:

Hi Codemasters,

I had an idea. Many of us prefer running custom setups And because of this, we have to manually look through our lists and load out our setup.  

As a Quality of Life improvement, I recommend a preset bar for custom setups/favorites. A bar very similar to how the default setups are displayed  

HOWEVER, as an initial implementation I recommend the simplest of implementation, so that you may first see user behavior and determine whether further development and expansion is beneficial to the series, as time and resources cost money  

In future, depending on adoption, It may be an idea to define a setup as global, or track / car specific, wherein, that setup will appear in the hotbar only when that specific combination is detected. 

So if you're at Austria, and you create a setup and save it, it would be stored with "Austria" as the track data.  Then, when you go to Austria the next time, it would appear as one of the "Favourites."

Brilliant. 

Essentially in the long run. Short term perhaps have the favorites bar be global.

Like how the defaults are max downforce,
more downforce, balanced, more speed, max speed, I invision a similar bar but for custom setups. 

• Agree 1