Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Communicating with Online Services Master Thread

Racing Dairy

Day 21:

Finally got the notification I've been waiting for.. my biometrically enhanced Racing Point gloves have been shipped, same one Stroll and Perez use, so excited, they are believe to take tenths off of your lap times if you are using the right gloves. 

On top of that the paint shop have booked me in for a new coat of paint on my Mercedes, thinking about going for a black look.

Still unsure if anyone has beaten the final boss yet. Some PC players say they have but us console guys are still grinding away, if any thing the boss has powered up as the attacks were stronger tonight. 

Will keep a close eye on the progress and stock up on party supplies for when this is all over, hopefully have enough toilet paper to make it through this pandemic

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GFORCE_S3RV3R said:

Racing Dairy

Day 21:

Finally got the notification I've been waiting for.. my biometrically enhanced Racing Point gloves have been shipped, same one Stroll and Perez use, so excited, they are believe to take tenths off of your lap times if you are using the right gloves. 

On top of that the paint shop have booked me in for a new coat of paint on my Mercedes, thinking about going for a black look.

Still unsure if anyone has beaten the final boss yet. Some PC players say they have but us console guys are still grinding away, if any thing the boss has powered up as the attacks were stronger tonight. 

Will keep a close eye on the progress and stock up on party supplies for when this is all over, hopefully have enough toilet paper to make it through this pandemic

Remember @GFORCE_S3RV3R, PC players have access to 1.06 at the moment. Console users are planned to have this shortly. Please test your results and let us know your thoughts on the 'boss' post-1.06 👍

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Remember @GFORCE_S3RV3R, PC players have access to 1.06 at the moment. Console users are planned to have this shortly. Please test your results and let us know your thoughts on the 'boss' post-1.06 👍

CWOS Boss getting a nerf 👀😁 

Edited by GFORCE_S3RV3R

I bought the game about a week ago, and I've only been playing My Team. This first happened to me during qualification laps in Hanoi. Out of nowhere during some tight corners, my screen goes dark with a communication error, and a choice "Retry or Cancel". Naturally, being blindfolded unexpectedly, I smash into a wall and damage my front wing, leaving me needing to pit again as soon as I started. What's more: hitting retry keeps the message re-appearing every couple seconds. So I try Cancel. That just makes it come back every ten or so seconds rather than two. It might go away for another few minutes, giving me a false sense of security that the problem is over. I leave the pit again to try to qualify after that false start. Nope. It's back. Having to deal with this all session long results in me getting dead last in the positions.

I did figure out a hotfix (if you're just playing My Team and want to enjoy the game in peace). I went to PlayStation Settings and just toggled off Internet, and I plan to do this whenever I play F1 from now on, until I hear the issue's been patched with a non-intrusive notification in some corner somewhere where it can be easily tuned out.

Patch 1.06 has FIXED the issue for me, 3 straight ranked matches on ps4 with no CWOS pop ups at all, thank you code codemasters 😎👍🍺

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Racing Diary

Day 22:

Just like Formula 1 and all other racing worldwide racing has finally resumed in F1 2020, reports coming in from all over the world that the CWOS boss has been defeated. 

We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

In defeating this formidable boss was able to unlock a sweet background for use on the ps4. 

Have to give codies full marks for their recreation of the F1 season in 2020 🤭

20200729_214119.jpg

Edited by GFORCE_S3RV3R
The the

HI everyone, 

We are receiving reports that the 'boss' has been defeated, which is excellent news for us off the back of the 1.06 patch. We had, tentatively, added a solution that should improve this. Please continue to feed back to us on this, whether it good or bad.

Thank you all for the patience on this

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BarryBL said:

HI everyone, 

We are receiving reports that the 'boss' has been defeated, which is excellent news for us off the back of the 1.06 patch. We had, tentatively, added a solution that should improve this. Please continue to feed back to us on this, whether it good or bad.

Hi Barry - well, never for me. I am extremely disappointed with this game tbh. I must say, after day one, I've been unable to enter a full ranker lobby (multiplayer) in fact, 98% of the time (like just today -video attached) I'm unable to join a single Ranker lobby with people. WHY!?

I live in Saudi Arabia. May that be the problem? (Server-location  wise) - hope not.

I joined unranked lobbies but never, NEVER Ranked. That SUCKS!

I play other games (like Assetto Corsa and ACC) online and no issues.

Any word on that? - cheers

Leo

2020-07-30_07-08-18.mkv

@GURLINO Are you still experiencing the 'Communicating with Online Services' black screen mid-race? If so, please provide video on this and ensure you on are on 1.06

If not, unfortunately, you have a different issue and will need a separate bug report and thread. If you are struggling to enter 'Ranked' mode only, I suspect its a different issue.

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@GURLINO Are you still experiencing the 'Communicating with Online Services' black screen mid-race? If so, please provide video on this and ensure you on are on 1.06

If not, unfortunately, you have a different issue and will need a separate bug report and thread. If you are struggling to enter 'Ranked' mode only, I suspect its a different issue.

Indeed Barry - different issue; although the same as the beginning. The video I attached earlier, explained it all but no worries, I will open a new thread. Thanks for the support.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hi. I have just got F1 2019 on the game pass for PC and can’t believe this is still an issue. I can’t even get into the game! I have reset my internet, reinstalled, done everything possible and I still can’t play the game or get to the menus because of this screen. Please can somebody help me as have had no reply on twitter. Thank you. 

1C7A4F7E-9110-495E-8528-7354297164C2.png

Edited by SleekRL

@SleekRL

This is the 2020 issue, please add yours to 2019 with a bug report. I'd recommend checking your connectivity settings and NAT type

I hope this problem of communication with the server is solved in the next patch, the servers that serve Brazil, are totally buggy, both in the xbox, as in the ps4.

cars appear against the hand in pit, blue flags on the 1st lap, players losting conection during races, among other things.

Hello, on Playstation 4 with version 1.06, after quitting Time Trial (by clicking Advance after ending the session), I get the Communicating with Online Services screen and it never goes away. I needed to restart the game.

15 minutes ago, cagin148 said:

Hello, on Playstation 4 with version 1.06, after quitting Time Trial (by clicking Advance after ending the session), I get the Communicating with Online Services screen and it never goes away. I needed to restart the game.

It's probably worth starting a new thread for this. I don't get the same issue on PS4 for what it's worth.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:07 PM, BarryBL said:

HI everyone, 

It's even worse than before. This game is unplayable online.
Trying the weekly race and I can't even start the option.
PS4, v1.06. 

It's been 2 weeks now that I am waiting very cautiously and patiently. But enough is enough. 2 WEEKS FOR A PATCH ! And I know that the issue did not start only 2 weeks ago. 
I know that the most important for you is the money, alright but dude, check out what are the real issues of the game. It's not the Black version of the mercedes, what the hell. 

Edited by tensaisendo

3 minutes ago, tensaisendo said:

It's even worse than before

@tensaisendo, can you please add to this. Adding a bug report in the completed format, with images and video, will help is consider what is wrong. You are one of the few who have experienced it since 1.06, and we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Also, connectivity settings, platform, gamemode and video are critical here so we can see when you see the message. Is it just in the top left of your screen, or does the message take up the whole screen. Are you in race?