Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen Master Thread

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Can you add videos and report codes (Found in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom left of the screen for 16 digit code) please when possible so we can refer to our Network team for investigation.

I can add video easily but the report code I don't think I can. Because when I got 'Communicating with Online services' screen, I couldn't do anything other than closing the game. Buttons do not respond at all..

Just now, oner7 said:

I can add video easily but the report code I don't think I can. Because when I got 'Communicating with Online services' screen, I couldn't do anything other than closing the game. Buttons do not respond at all..

The Report code is a 16 digit code, and its for the whole login session. If you go into the game on boot and use the previous message to grab the code, write it down, and then continue to play the game. The code is valid for the whole session. 

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

The Report code is a 16 digit code, and its for the whole login session. If you go into the game on boot and use the previous message to grab the code, write it down, and then continue to play the game. The code is valid for the whole session. 

got it, thanks

• Like 1

New bug

1. Game stuck on loading screen "communicating with online services"

2. PS4

3. 1.08

4. Ranked multiplayer 5 laps

5. 8

6. I have tried closing the application and disconnecting wifi (internet connection is fine, 1.5GB/s)

7. Dual shock 4 PS4 controller with PlayStation lvl30 chat headset along side a Thrustmaster T80 Ferrari edition with the stock 2 pedal setup

8. See attached photo of screen

20200825_221242.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hi @BarryBL Any improvement about 'Black Screen In Communicating with Online Services' issue.

The problem occurs almost every time I try to return to MAIN MENU. Sometimes after Grandprix, sometimes after TT and today I tried Weekly Event and I couldn't return to main menu because of 'Black Screen In Communicating with Online Services' issue.

Edited by oner7

In the last week the message always communicating with online services. I cant join to online in pc.

Yeah well I’m still getting the same COMMUNICATING WITH ONLINE SERVERS fullscreen message. I updated the game to v1.09 on PS4 and it happens always when I go back to main menu from any game mode.

Ridiculous that after 2 months, I have to always restart the game if I want to race twice in a row.

@BarryBL anything from your side or you are just ignoring us?

Report Code: TXVD-VJKP-XGDE-MVKV

Sorry, i really can't believe, that this obvious issue is still not resolved.

I have exact the same problem since launch and none of the released patches had any effect here.

Moreover there is no more official communication in this context?

Whats going wrong here?

Edit:

Where is the problem to implement a short routine to abort the process after some seconds, if there is no connection possible?

So you will leave us alone with the need to reboot your game every time i have to come back to the main menu?

Are you serious, Codemasters?

Edited by Racer4711

How is this still happening? I have to have rewinds turned on just to do a career race because every ten seconds my whole screen is blocked. Has been getting reported for months and still no fix, will be getting a refund for the game if it isn’t fixed soon