Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen while racing Master Thread

has been happening to me as well, It was occurring in the beta as well

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Good to see others having the same issue. Driving through 130R with my eyes closes is not the experience I was going for when purchasing this game. 

Firstly, why does this need to take up the screen, it will be in the top left then suddenly replicate 14 schooners and a drive home. 

Secondly, wasnt there a beta for this game. If so what was the purpose

Cannot wait to participate in league racing with this issue

9.5/10 well polished DUI simulator

Edited by Serverknight
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)

Bug Report

1.      Communicating to Online Services message Blocks the entire screen during online races, even when i am actually connected, so i cant race online. Platform is PC. Error Code: NA

2.       version of the game: 1.03
3.       Game-mode: Online multiplayer 
4.     Every time i race online this happens since the release, even for my friends as well. no matter what version of the game yet. Restarted the game multiple times, restarted PC multiple times, my network is fine and its connected in game.
5.       I'm playing on PC, all drivers are updated and working fine. My connectivity is fine. Its even connected to the game, the problem is the error message thinking it isnt.
6.       Here is a link to youtube for footage: 

I don't know if the devs realise whats happening for some people, but it makes it completely unplayable online on PC even though i can connect to lobbies completely fine. Join a race, it all connects fine, but then i get a massive error message in my entire screen during the online race. Literally every 5 seconds the 'Communicating to online services' error comes up and blocks the entire screen during every online race so then I can not see the track. Worst part is, if the error message was in the corner or something I would still be able to continue and race online, because the connection is actually fine and I can still race in every lobby and stay connected whilst I am getting this error message telling me its not connected xDDD  

TLDR: an Error message blocking the screen in every online race telling me its not connected is actually the only reason why I cant race online, not even the connection itself... its literally just the error message lmfao

Edited by norfolkblue
  • Agree 4

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I'm trying to view the Weekly Event Leaderboard. When I entered into the Weekly Event menu, it was Communicating with online services for a minute to two. Now that I'm in I wanted to view the Leaderboard. Now I've been staring at the Communicating with online services screen for roughly 5 minutes and counting. I'm going to have to restart the game.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 PS4

3.       Game-mode? 

Weekly Event PS4

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I've tried a handful of times throughout the day. Each time it's the same thing. Get on a PS4 and enter into the Weekly Event and try to view the Leaderboard.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Signed out of PSN and back in. Relaunched the game multiple times

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29 

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

The screenshot is the view I've had now while writing this bug report and some.

Just want to add that this game has been tough to play while online. Time Trials is still not working online. My connection and everything on my end is working fine. No issues viewing anything in F1 2019

20200709_023743.jpg

I got this also a lot of times. But also frequently in F1 2019. For me it seems like to accure when I (had) played a online gamemode (League or Ranked Multiplayer) and then wanna do a Time Trial or Career. 

@BarryBL @UP100

I also posted a beta bug report on this issue.

In my case, it happened during the online race that Barry was hosting. The same phenomenon occurred during driving play.
The cause may be in the network. However, how to display the message is a big problem. Displaying in full screen is a huge obstacle.

It also happened yesterday in my friend's environment. He was very dissatisfied.

Please improve at an early stage.

Can yon confirm wired/wireless, NAT type (if applicable), how long this has happened. 

Every time after I start up F1 2020, when going in a race in the menus, communicating with online services keep popping up every 2 seconds even continuing in the loading screen and also onto the race. It blocks my whole entire view and I am unable to race. Leaving the lobby does not work too and it continues even at the F1 2020 menu screen, I then have to restart the game. Sometimes it does not happen after I restart, but most of the time it does this. Someone help me, this is getting annoying and I have to give up my race to restart the game.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can yon confirm wired/wireless, NAT type (if applicable), how long this has happened. 

@BarryBL I want you to notice my opinion.

I also experienced this phenomenon in an online race hosted by Barry.
I'm guessing that the cause of this phenomenon is the network.

I think the problem is how to display the screen.
" display in full screen during play "
Please improve this.

The same phenomenon happened to my friend.
He was also frustrated with the display, not the cause of the problem.

Hey @kisuke_fly, dont worry, saw it and under investigation. What are you internet settings btw? Do you only experience it in EU heavy lobbies? It is something we are investigating.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hey @kisuke_fly, dont worry, saw it and under investigation. What are you internet settings btw? Do you only experience it in EU heavy lobbies? It is something we are investigating.

@BarryBL Thank you. I appreciate.

my network is WIRED (PC and PS4)
NAT type is type 2. (For PS4)
The time of occurrence has no regularity.
I have experienced it twice. Both are races hosted by Barry.

My friends have the same network quality.
But in his case, he often appears when playing multi-race with non-Japanese players.
His network may have narrow lines.

Just now, kisuke_fly said:

But in his case, he often appears when playing multi-race with non-Japanese players.

Odd, can you consider moving to NAT Type 1 as it does help out Online Services. PC however, I'm unsure.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, kisuke_fly said:

Can you also grab us some report codes please. Pause the game in session and go to settings and the 16 digit code is there

• Agree 1

100% agree with this, it happens almost every game I am in and is unplayable. All the players I play with experience this issue too.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Can you also grab us some report codes please. Pause the game in session and go to settings and the 16 digit code is there

NAT settings are the limit in my home environment.
Same with my friends.

About code ;
I will record when the phenomenon occurs.

However,
Even if it is solved by this, it is assumed that it will occur for many other people.
Although it is a duplicate of the previous post, please change the message display method.
For users who cannot change the narrow network.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hey, thanks for quick response. (im the original poster but good that you talked through it also with another person). For me, I am on wired connection, really quick and consistent speeds and I have never had this issue on F1 2019 or any other game. It started since the F1 2020 release (I tried online on the 7th when the game came out and instantly had this issue. Each day since them i've came back to try the online with the new updates etc to see if it was resolved but it hasn't been so far so I decided to make this post.  

5 minutes ago, norfolkblue said:

Hey, thanks for quick response. (im the original poster but good that you talked through it also with another person). For me, I am on wired connection, really quick and consistent speeds and I have never had this issue on F1 2019 or any other game. It started since the F1 2020 release (I tried online on the 7th when the game came out and instantly had this issue. Each day since them i've came back to try the online with the new updates etc to see if it was resolved but it hasn't been so far so I decided to make this post.  

Have raised to dev's 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

the phenomenon happened again to my environment.
code : XJRC-GDAA-RCAH-TCMG

Situation :
When i playing a race at the Dutch GP in Unranked Lobby.
The host was the same Japanese player as I.

Posted (edited)

Same issue here!

Bsides I'm able drive the car the "Communicationg with online servers keep popping up" and I cannot see the track properly !

I've updated my ethernet network drivers intel i219v  and the Nvidia drivers, and one of these solved the issue.

BR

Jose

image.png

Edited by taurusvip
  • Agree 2

This has been happening to me on PS4 as well. Really needs to be fixed as it makes online racing impossible.