Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen while racing Master Thread

On 7/17/2020 at 6:03 PM, pover74 said:

65 quid for a bad broken game 

The product is refundable through steam.   I've seen lots of people actual steam report the game because its not supplying as promised (advertised)

Posted (edited)

it has not.  even worse atm

can confrim its not fixed on PC.  
with discord overlay on and off. 
windowed mode and  /  or full screen. 

Edited by BigImpulse

Most of the s*** fixed in 1.05 is for single player, completely ignoring the biggest bug in the game right now, YET THE PODIUM PASS WORKS FINE HMMMMMMMMM .. why am I even surprised at this point.

Unbelievable.. Did a multiplayer online session, Dutch League Racing at https://www.nonlabelracing.nl, qualifying went without a problem, but since the start of the formation continously the ''communicating with online services'' message. I could still drive the car, but it was very dangerous to my colleagues. I did start the race manual, but some metres after the start I received the same message when driving. I restarted the game, joined the session, but the message keep coming. So I had to retire, because it would be too dangerous for other drivers.

Really disappointing.

Console: PS4
Mode: Multiplayer League Race

+1 happens to me all the damn time. Lucky to get 2 multiplayer races in before starts this ****. This needs to be fixed asap as we are all paying customer. Unacceptable. Completely broken.....

Yeah same thing for me, still broken in this new update... It really is incredible a glitch that makes the multiplayer completely unplayable and 2 weeks after release its still here. This is now a single player game? xD

Racing dairy

Day 14:

It doesn't even bother me anymore, hope is lost at this point just pray that can get through the night with out suffering from PTSD. The critics saying it's the most playable game to date in the franchise but it's almost become a ritual, turn on the ps4 start up F1 2020 and count the seconds till the fabled CWOS screen blocks your view making you miss the braking point into turn 1 collecting half of the lobby, some of us make it through unphased by the blurry screen of doom but inside we know, it's just a matter of time.

News was sent from the HQ that they were sending help. That was 7 days ago and the radio has fallen silent.

We lost a soul, taken by the patch but we pray he lives peacefully on his boat in Australia. Maybe there is hope for the rest of us, we just have to keep moving forward, the balance of pitcoins was finally sorted and offers a slight reprieve, hopefully it is enough to raise the moral distracting the men with pretty liveries until the day we can go racing unaffected by this disease.

Maybe tomorrow, we can only wait

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hi sorry, patch 1.05 has been released for PC already, is it fixed in this patch or not? Because this ****  is still happening to me and I am getting very impatient.

Edited by choubu

Please note (for console users) the patch has not yet been released.

17 hours ago, ChristianErikse said:

Unbelievable.. Did a multiplayer online session, Dutch League Racing at https://www.nonlabelracing.nl, qualifying went without a problem, but since the start of the formation continously the ''communicating with online services'' message. I could still drive the car, but it was very dangerous to my colleagues. I did start the race manual, but some metres after the start I received the same message when driving. I restarted the game, joined the session, but the message keep coming. So I had to retire, because it would be too dangerous for other drivers.

Really disappointing.

Console: PS4
Mode: Multiplayer League Race

@BarryBL sorry mate but I read that you acknowledged the common issue on July 13th. Patch 1.05 (PC) was just released and yet today 21st July we all have the same common issue. 

I finally managed to join a lobby (Multiplayer, Ranked) but...(see attached)

My "common" issue was not be able to join any ranked lobby...so many issues now.

Appreciate if you can confirm Codemaster is indeed working a on true solution. Cheers.

20200721184028_1.jpg

• Sad 1

@GURLINO can you add a bug report please, so I can feed it back to the team post 1.05

@BarryBL second Bug Report I sent:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. On F1 2020 game, Multiplayer: I cannot get into Ranked Lobbies. Most of the time, I joined one where I am the only racer. Yesterday tho, I managed to joined one lobby with other people but immediately after, a message covering the entire screen appeared saying "Communicating with Online Services" . After few seconds it disappeared. But I could not join the race nor to get out of that lobby. Finally, Game crashed and a Report was automatically generated and sent to Codemaster (or so I hope it did)

2.       Platform PC. DxDiag_22.07.2020 report attached
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) V1.05
4.       Game-mode? Multiplayer (Ranked)
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. This is an issue that have occurred to me in the past days (more than a week now) I normally start the game, go to Multiplayer, and click on Ranked session. It goes immediately to a lobby with only myself. I normally repeat that tree to five times. Then, I either go to Non Ranked or Solo. I have experienced in Non Ranked the message about online services but I do join lobbies with people.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings? I have tried a lot. I also removed the program and re-installed again. Reboot my PC. Reboot wifi router (5G). Moved from Wifi to LAN. Etc. Etc.
7.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs? [I recorded a video just now 22.07.2020 @ 08:10am my time and I joined a ranked lobby with other two people] - of course it worked now 🤨
8.         [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.   Attached

DxDiag_22.07.2020.txt

20200721184028_1.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 3:11 PM, Spillyy said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

"Connecting to online servers" is displayed in the middle of the screen blocking the view of the game for intervals of 5seconds, which occurs every 3seconds. You're still able to drive but not clear as "the connecting to online servers" message is shown. I know many people experiencing this problem, everyone I've spoken too has had this problem, not even joking, it's ridiculous. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
Multiplayer 
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
50+ multiplayer races. This occurs every single lap at least 10 times. So 500 times.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
Reset console, reset internet, leave and re-join, close and open F1 2020 application. 

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
Gamepad 

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Awesome to see that nothing has changed in the new update 1.05, it's amazing. I really love that there is still a massive "Connecting to online servers" text when I'm trying to play multiplayer. @BarryBL Get this fixed immediately mate, it's an absolute joke, thousands of people have spent hard-earned money to play with friends online, and they are unable to because of an unnecessary text the blocks the entire screen.  

Edited by Spillyy

Posted (edited)

On Console, specifically PS4, running on version 1.05 patch - Issue still happens. 

It seems to happen after 1 session of multiplayer race, can be anything as long as it's multiplayer. All subsequent sessions after, offline or online, will cause the CWOS to appear every 5 seconds covering the entire screen for roughly 2 seconds at a time, even in the menu screen.

Edited by Slivets

This is so stupid. It hurts even more by the fact that we paid a decent amount of money for a broken buggy mess of a game. Too bad this has become a common approach from developers because they can always "fix it later" with an update, rendering us as involuntary beta testers come release day.

Patch 1.05 has not resolved ths issue on ps4. Sometimes I can get 1 ranked match before the CWOL message pops up, once it does it affects every game mode, displaying the message every 5-10 seconds. Reboot the game and hope for the best 😟

Racing Dairy

Day 16:

Today I was woken by the Ray's of sunshine peaking through the slightest gap in the blinds directly into my eye balls, normal this would infuriate me but today it felt magical, almost like a glimmer of hope. 

As I continued the daily routine of racing which I have now become accustom too it was refreshing to see that notification, F1 2020 requires an update. I almost wet myself with excitement, could this be real or just a lucid dream, it had to be real.

Update installed and racing seemed flawless, even managed to keep my head screwed on while standing on the podium, it was euphoria. That was until like many days previous someone joined the lobby, darkness covered the screen and once again the PTSD set in, "communicating with online services" it was all I could see, the track became a blur again and I prayed it would go away soon.

I'll try to sleep again, the reassuring words of Barry will hopefully be enough to calm me into a restful slumber as I hold onto the little hope that remains.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:22 AM, BarryBL said:

This is something @TeenierNeilb69 that I've experienced first-hand on the racing we all did on Friday. It has been added as high priority to get into an update as soon as possible. 

still not fixed, cant even race online... why would you blank the whole screen with that stupid message when you can clearly still drive the car?? then get warnings for corner cuts or collisions because you cant see...

if this issue isnt resolved soon how do we get a refund due to the unplayable nature of the game?

@BarryBL

you can kindly tell the dev team that the bug isn't resolved in 1.05. In fact, it seems to have become more frequent. Moreover, why is it required when you have it showing up on the top left anyw

We are working on a fix, and have it in test. 

• Agree 2