Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen while racing Master Thread

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Can you add videos and report codes (Found in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom left of the screen for 16 digit code) please when possible so we can refer to our Network team for investigation.

I can add video easily but the report code I don't think I can. Because when I got 'Communicating with Online services' screen, I couldn't do anything other than closing the game. Buttons do not respond at all..

Just now, oner7 said:

I can add video easily but the report code I don't think I can. Because when I got 'Communicating with Online services' screen, I couldn't do anything other than closing the game. Buttons do not respond at all..

The Report code is a 16 digit code, and its for the whole login session. If you go into the game on boot and use the previous message to grab the code, write it down, and then continue to play the game. The code is valid for the whole session. 

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

The Report code is a 16 digit code, and its for the whole login session. If you go into the game on boot and use the previous message to grab the code, write it down, and then continue to play the game. The code is valid for the whole session. 

got it, thanks

• Like 1

New bug

1. Game stuck on loading screen "communicating with online services"

2. PS4

3. 1.08

4. Ranked multiplayer 5 laps

5. 8

6. I have tried closing the application and disconnecting wifi (internet connection is fine, 1.5GB/s)

7. Dual shock 4 PS4 controller with PlayStation lvl30 chat headset along side a Thrustmaster T80 Ferrari edition with the stock 2 pedal setup

8. See attached photo of screen

20200825_221242.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hi @BarryBL Any improvement about 'Black Screen In Communicating with Online Services' issue.

The problem occurs almost every time I try to return to MAIN MENU. Sometimes after Grandprix, sometimes after TT and today I tried Weekly Event and I couldn't return to main menu because of 'Black Screen In Communicating with Online Services' issue.

Edited by oner7

In the last week the message always communicating with online services. I cant join to online in pc.

Yeah well I’m still getting the same COMMUNICATING WITH ONLINE SERVERS fullscreen message. I updated the game to v1.09 on PS4 and it happens always when I go back to main menu from any game mode.

Ridiculous that after 2 months, I have to always restart the game if I want to race twice in a row.

@BarryBL anything from your side or you are just ignoring us?

Report Code: TXVD-VJKP-XGDE-MVKV

Sorry, i really can't believe, that this obvious issue is still not resolved.

I have exact the same problem since launch and none of the released patches had any effect here.

Moreover there is no more official communication in this context?

Whats going wrong here?

Edit:

Where is the problem to implement a short routine to abort the process after some seconds, if there is no connection possible?

So you will leave us alone with the need to reboot your game every time i have to come back to the main menu?

Are you serious, Codemasters?

Edited by Racer4711

How is this still happening? I have to have rewinds turned on just to do a career race because every ten seconds my whole screen is blocked. Has been getting reported for months and still no fix, will be getting a refund for the game if it isn’t fixed soon

I am having there exact same problem as oner7 after I play and returning to the main screen I get stuck at "communicating with online services". 

I have a PS4 and the latest patch.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:11 AM, BarryBL said:

To update everyone here, we have a fix currently in test and hope to have this out for the next patch. A huge 'thank you' to those high-quality reports which have helped us dig into the issue.

@BarryBL are there any updates on this. The last patch came in and the problem is still there.

@BarryBL i'm speechles as well as this thread... next update with no change in game and no conversation here... eregious

Hi everyone,

In terms of the 'Communicating with Online Services' are you seeing it across your whole screen in the middle of races? Like the below.

20200825_221242.jpg

Can you please confirm and add bug reports if this is happening to you @oner7, @Racer4711, @Peluca0001 and @PrinceKakarot88.

Hi @BarryBL

as already written it will happen for me when returning to the main menu after each race.

And... i'm not willing to add any further informations, as everything is written in this 8 page thread over months now.

Edited by Racer4711

5 minutes ago, Racer4711 said:

Hi @BarryBL

as already written it will happen for me when returning to the main menu after each race.

And... i'm not willing to add any further informations, as everything is written in this 8 page thread over months now.

Hi @Racer4711

That one is to be expected. For clarification on the initial bug, the 'Communicating with Online Services' message was coming across for players across the whole of the screen while in session. If you look at the the below example, taken from July, you can still see the cockpit of me while in session. 20200710165655_1.jpg

This was fixed a while ago to no longer happen in a race session. Seeing that message in the menus isn't a bug, and is simply part of the Online Matchmaking (submitting results, moving from session to session etc). If this does happen to you while racing in a session, please tag me in.

Hi @BarryBL,

as already written it happens to me only, when returning from a race to the main menu (and never during a race).

Nevertheless for me it is a bug, as it happens every time and most of the times it takes minutes until it dissapear. Often it stays and i have to reboot the game.

This drives me nuts and avoids me to fire up the game.

Just now, Racer4711 said:

Hi @BarryBL,

as already written it happens to me only, when returning from a race to the main menu (and never during a race).

Nevertheless for me it is a bug, as it happens every time and most of the times it takes minutes until it dissapear. Often it stays and i have to reboot the game.

This drives me nuts and avoids me to fire up the game. 

Please complete a bug report @Racer4711. I could do with knowing your platform, report codes, internet connection settings etc. Link is here: 

On 10/22/2020 at 3:31 PM, Racer4711 said:

Hi @BarryBL

did also appear when start up game and stay there one min or so ?

for me started yestrday i am on pc

Edited by massa88

1 hour ago, massa88 said:

did also appear when start up game and stay there one min or so ?

for me started yestrday i am on pc

Never a prob at the start for me.

The popup is there for a short moment, but dissapear after some seconds.

8 minutes ago, Racer4711 said:

Never a prob at the start for me.

The popup is there for a short moment, but dissapear after some seconds.

Thanks @Racer4711

From Massa's DM, two different issues. A couple of seconds is not a problem and is expected (also, as previously discussed, doesn't affect gameplay), and simply part of the online services. Massas is a much longer time, and will investigate.

If you are experiencing this for a longer period of time and its causing your game to crash @Racer4711, please add a bug report and your 16 digit report code so I can investigate. How to find the code is in your Pause Menu in any session and is valid for the whole boot of the game.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:11 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

In terms of the 'Communicating with Online Services' are you seeing it across your whole screen in the middle of races? Like the below.

20200825_221242.jpg

Can you please confirm and add bug reports if this is happening to you @oner7, @Racer4711, @Peluca0001 and @PrinceKakarot88.

I see this screen usually after a multiplayer race or a time trial. When returning back to the lobby or main screen. The system gets stuck at this stage and I have to close the game and load it again for it to work. 

This happen very often.

Latest patch did not fix the issue.

Thanks @Peluca0001

Can you complete a full bug report please? If it crashes the game, can you also add your connectivity settings, as this is important. Thanks.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

"Connecting to online servers" is displayed as soon as the game has loaded. Actually completely disconnects my PC from my internet connection. I notice because my Discord disconnects when starting this game.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
All
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
Every time I have loaded the game within the past two weeks. At least 10 tries.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
Reset PC, reset internet, close and open F1 2020 application, Uninstalled and Reinstalled.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
Logitech G29

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @Peluca0001

Can you complete a full bug report please? If it crashes the game, can you also add your connectivity settings, as this is important. Thanks.

Sure Barry where do I do this?