Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen while racing Master Thread

Add it onto this thread please Peluca, but please remember complete Connectivity and Platform settings too 👍

• A detailed description of the issue.  
  • Very often after playing multiplayer games, leagues or time trial after I go back to the lobby or main screen I get a screen with the message Communicating with online services. This screen stays there until I have to close the game. If I leave the screen there for a long time it just does nothing. The game does not crash or shows any error messages. When I restart the game all is ok again and after a while of playing it comes back again. I have had this problem since the first version of the game. I have also tried connecting to the internet through other devices to test and the problem is also present with other connections. Also when playing time trial it happens after a while that the game is not able to download other players times. This usually shows that I will get the error when I quite time trial back to the main screen.
  • Platform
  • PS4
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues
  • The error happens in all parts even on time trials. Haven't seen the problem with GP mode or career mode.
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
  • I am using WIFI, with high end routers and I have a 600 mega connections.
  • The amount of players in your session?
  • It varies from 4 to 15.
  • Were you the host?
  • I am the host in one league, but on other races I am not the host.
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? 
  • It happens only to me. Once I also had another player complain about having this issue but only once.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
  • Yes, it usually comes after playing for a little while.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • Nothing special, just play multiplayer or time trial games.
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.
  • There is never an error code shown.
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?
  • No

Reading between the lines "high end routers" suggests @Peluca0001 may be using an ISP cable modem or modem router plus a gaming WiFi router. Double NAT is possibly an issue if either router is misconfigured.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @Peluca0001,

NAT Type? Wireless connection is always a red flag for me.

Nat 2 

as an extra info when I played f1 2019 I had no issues. Also I have no issues playing other online games.

Hi I am also facing the same issue as above. Adding bug report below-

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I exit single player game modes like time trial, "communicating with online services" is stuck on middle of the screen, and it doesn't go away after long time also (1-2 minutes). I have to close the game, and restart to get around it.

Platform
PS4

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
1.13 (also used to happen for previous versions)

Game-mode?
Time trial and other single player modes also

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
Yes

How do you make the problem happen?
Enter time trial, race some laps around, exit time trial from menu. When I try it few times, it will happen sometime. It happens around 1 out of 5 times to be approx.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
No extra peripherals on PS4, apart from PS4 gamepad.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
No. It is same as above message communicating with online service after exiting the race.

Network Info
Connected through LAN cable. Nat type - Nat2