Jump to content Jump to content

Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen while racing Master Thread

I haven't had this issue on the latest patch yet (July 24th), but on multiplayer there are constant "communicating with online services" 'top left corner' warnings non stop, even though my connection is good.

It happens whilst driving in multiplayer.
It also happens during playing the highlights of multiplayer races, plus endless warnings at photomode which makes zero sense.....

20200724102402_1.jpg

On 7/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, SGRace said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here 

After launching the game before I hit the main menu I am on “communicating with online services” going around and around. Restarting the game and playing multiplayer does not make the problem go away. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 / PC/ Normal Version

3.       Game-mode? 

Mutliplayer and normal

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

More than 5 times

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

1.restarting game

2. Stop background downloading on steam

3.validating files

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

G29 steering wheel. Razer TE THX headphones

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

No

i cant play with this issue. it pops up every 2 secs when i am on main menu.

i have updated to 1.05 now. and still the amazing problem exist.

see video file below

Racing Diary

Day 18:

Today felt like it was going to be a good day, from the moment I woke up it felt like a sugar in your milo kind of day.

The drive into work was flawless nearly no traffic. As I got to the city it seemed as if everything was at a standstill, people littered the streets staring through the windows of shops watching a breaking news bulletin on the display TVs. I squeezed my way into a spot where I could make out the headline "CWOS fix coming next patch" 

The rest of the day was a mix of disbelief and excitement, similar to the experience of watching the moon landing for the first time. This is a monumental event that will surely shape the future and bring peace to the world. We only need to wait now, but how long will it be? Will it actually be resolved? Will there ever be a black mercedes? 

I'm going to take a break from racing as the excitement and anxiety levels are too extreme with this news and seeing that painful notification will surely ruin what has been a good day

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
On 7/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, BarryBL said:

To update everyone here, we have a fix currently in test and hope to have this out for the next patch. A huge 'thank you' to those high-quality reports which have helped us dig into the issue.

still no fix 

this is beyond stupid why not patch it so the whole screen does not get blocked what purpose does that serve just have it pop up in the corner......

6 minutes ago, NathanSmith240 said:

still no fix 

this is beyond stupid why not patch it so the whole screen does not get blocked what purpose does that serve just have it pop up in the corner......

Read the most upto date post by Barry, they have a fix and will be in next patch

10 minutes ago, NathanSmith240 said:

you mean his post from july 14th? patch 1/05 has come out already an did not fix the issue

It was never suggested that it would. Check the release notes. 

Edit: I'm sure the post from Barry on 24 July was the one referred to by 'most up to date'.

Edited by Ultra3142
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

It was never suggested that it would. Check the release notes. 

Edit: I'm sure the post from Barry on 24 July was the one referred to by 'most up to date'.

yeh i just found it, hope it fixes it because i cant race online at all and it then effects solo play where i need to restart the game, makes it very frustrating

1 minute ago, NathanSmith240 said:

yeh i just found it, hope it fixes it because i cant race online at all and it then effects solo play where i need to restart the game, makes it very frustrating

Oh absolutely. It's a major bug that needs fixing but it sounds like there is a solution on the way. 

• Agree 1

Now look here mr Codemasters, I finally got the game to work without the things popping up on the screen 

Everything was going smoothly , it was my home race, in front of my country of Australia. I got in late during quali but made the race,  I started back of the back and worked my way to 2nd place quickly catching first all in the first lap. Then all of a sudden the unthinkable happened, the bug of all bugs. I couldn’t see the track no more, I tried to keep racing but it was too much for me until I ended up crashing... letting my country down. I’m not angry I’m just disappointed 

I can't play ANY multiplayer at all in this game and I bought the super deluxe bazillion 70 / 3 Day preorder Deluxe Schumacher Edition lots of good stuff "bling bling $$$" edition.

1.         Connecting to Online Services message appears constantly throughout online races in the top left and then over the entire screen while trying to race in multiplayer (ranked) obscuring all view of the game.

2.       PC / Steam
3.       1.05
4.       Ranked MP
5.       No numbers
6.       Reconnected / Abandoned races, restarted. Issue reoccurs every time.
7.       Xbox One S Controller (Wired)
8.       Video: (Apologies for the meme, I thought it would be a minor and temporary issue) The VIDEO is UNEDITED except for, well you'll see.

Thanks!

Edited by Jedibug
Embed video

Guys please fix this ASAP I can’t play multiplayer or single mode in any way and seems to be even worse since 1.05 update. 

1. completely restart computer

2. Open steam -> open F1 2020 direct x 12 or direct x 11 

3 Go into a multiplayer event 

4. Do one or two laps and then “communicating to online services”

5. This message recurs every 2-3 seconds consistently even when you leave the game until restart of the game and will repeat as per above.

Edited by imsuperimposed
Added single player as an issue

I don't think there is any need or indeed point in continuing to post bug reports in this thread. This thread is tagged as 'upcoming patch', with Barry having posted above about a fix currently being in the test phase prior to being released. Codemasters know this is still a problem.

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't think there is any need or indeed point in continuing to post bug reports in this thread. This thread is tagged as 'upcoming patch', with Barry having posted above about a fix currently being in the test phase prior to being released. Codemasters know this is still a problem.

Cheers, I thought by the timeline of the thread the patch went into 1.05 all good if it’s coming but I have no way to play the game at the moment. 

Racing Diary

Day 20

I have begun to understand that this CWOS issue isnt an issue but a feature. After playing previous iterations of the F1 games you would think that F1 2020 is a racing game, but that is where we are going wrong

F1 2020 is in fact a RPG game in a racing setting, once you piece the pieces together it starts to add up, build a team  in My Team (character creation) improve facilities (leveling) performance upgrades (perks) recruit new drivers for your team (companions) to become the driver/constructors champion (quests)

CWOS is merely the final boss, and a hard one at that. Once you understand the boss mechanic you can start to exploit the weak spots, timing, precision and good internet are key to defeating it. 

It's written in the lore that the way to defeat the CWOS boss is by someone winning a race after starting last in a full online session while being terrorised by the CWOS's blinding attacks thus crowning them the true champion and bringing salvation to us all

Who will be our champion, who will slay this relentless beast, who will be our Barry?

Hopefully they do so soon so us mere mortals can play it as the racing game we believed it to be

Edited by Serverknight
  • Like 1
  • BarryBL changed the title to Communicating with Online Services Message taking up all of the screen while racing Master Thread
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic