Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

ERS Mode Increase/Decrease Shortcuts not working in Qualifying

7 minutes ago, mav744 said:

it is like in Real Life, see Landon noriss in the last Race in cockpit Cam. The only differenz is, he hold the button, not pushing it. in real life you push it for a 3 sec. push. you want more, the ingenieur says, hold it for more power.

What are you even talking about?

Please all stay on topic here. This is not a general discussion about the pros and cons of the new ERS system.

The thread I opened in the Gameplay Issues and Bugs section is simply about ERS Shortcuts not working in Qualifying. Nothing more nothing less.

If you want to discuss the ERS system itself head over to general discussion. Thank you.

• Agree 3

Yes, the way is that the short cuts on some wheels don´t work. you can´t fast change it (in Practice this go) in Quali and race. that is Programmed like in Real Live. in Practice you can use it all the way, Quali not (0 and 2). Race you can use 1 and overtake (3). so the code let you adjoust in Training 0,1,2,3. This is right?

in Quali you have 0 and 2, that are 2 steps for the wheel, this is not programmed there (digital you have 0 open, and 1 close). one step are 1 at one time and so on. this can be programmed from the Programmers, but i don´t shure because i have no expereince as a coder.

In race you don´t have anything about 1 and 3. 3 is overtake, so you push a button as in real life. real life drivers don´t do more to ers. 

when i am right, we talk about Quali and that the knobs don´t work. it is not a big deal, when you go to a fast lap to change this via dpad.

don´t get me wrong, maybe it can be coded, but that is what i understand with a lot of reading in this forum.

that is why some people says it is by design.

don´t worry, the same answer the beta testers have become to this question.

• Disagree 4

On 7/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, BarryBL said:

Yeah by design. It presets as you are in qualifying, but you can just turn it off with the MFD. 

Ok first up on let me say that´s stupid and i explain why, and also list you another issue.

For me Iam using a G25 wheel this wheel has only 2 buttons therefore i mounted an ps4 controller onto the wheel to have enough buttons.
First problem i run into is that i cannot save a control sheme on the controller without binding every buttin wich is stupid as iam already have a wheel and pedals connected and i don´t want the controller interfeer with gas brake or steering. ( i found a workaround to this but it was a 4 hour pain of work wich would have never worked if steam would not have controller integration where i can disable the buttons i don´t need, i even needed a secondary software to then bind keyboard buttons onto the gamepad to be able to use it at all.)

So i binded X - O < witch fuel up down and Square, triangle with ERS up DOWN < the fact that ERS up down works in race and training fine and in qualiy not makes me litterly miss out the last corner before i get to my hotlap round as i need to use the stupid D-Pad to set this up its just a poor design choice and make´s no sense at all.

I also appealed to the beta forum.
I agree with a post requesting the implementation of a feature.

I think there are many people who request it. I am also one of them.
Please realize it.

• Agree 1

Codies are going full ostrich with this one, head in the sand. 

"If we stay like this maybe they'll stop complaining". 

Seriously, I don't like playing this card because it sounds preachy, but I work in game development. I know fatigued devs trying to explain themselves out of having to fix something when I see it. 

In bug reporting or task management softwares you will have resolutions to issues like "Fixed", "Resolved", "Cannot reproduce" etc. There are two variants there usually called something like "By design" and "Won't fix". The latter one is for smaller (in the devs' own eyes at least) issues they don't want to bother with because it takes time away from other issues.

However, they can't actually say that to the community for obvious reasons, so they tell poor Barry to inform us it's "By design" instead of "Won't fix" which is just even more infuriating and kind of insults the intelligence of the players. 

Those are my two cents on this issue. I do outlaps in qualy and don't want to drain my battery before starting my hotlap. Why can't I use the shortcut for going up and down ERS modes when that is what the shortcut was designed for in the first place?

"Sorry mate, won't fix this one." 

• Agree 3

It is odd that there is a simple solution to correct this (simple in my head at least as I don't know how complex they have coded the shortcuts) yet Codies are sticking to their "By design". It's clear the design has not gone down well so needs changing.

I guess the current issue, as suggested above, is that the shortcuts adjust the mode by 1 and so those that are locked out in-between in qualy (1 and 3) and race (0 and 2) cannot be accessed by this +/-1 movement so it cannot move up or down by this block. Solution is to simply have 3 tables of ERS mode to select from depending on the session.

Practice ERS table = 

0 (none)

1 (medium)

2 (Hotlap)

3 (OT)

Qualifying ERS table = 

0 (none)

2 (Hotlap)

Race ERS table = 

1 (medium)

3 (OT)

This way the shortcut can increase/decrease by 1 in each table to get the desired and allowed modes - sorted!

• Agree 1