F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

With drivers assistance faster?

At 2019 I have been much faster without traction control and stuff. About 2s.

Now I turn everything on an I'm faster than without. This isn't supposed to be normal is it? 

Anyone feeling the same? 

Yeah am same mate turned the traction control back on and found myself so much faster 

Remembering 2018, you lost a lot of time at the start with traction control on. That has changed in 2020. That's at least a second won.

Posted (edited)

Feeling the same, this is not desirable - I want incentive to learn to drive the car properly, not incentive to turn on all my assists?  C'mon codemasters.

Edited by Quirk50

Turned off traction and ABS from 2019 to 2020 to make playing more realistic and more rewarding, and I'm half a second quicker on most tracks this year (comparing my time Vs record TT times). If I would've been quicker leaving the assists on all along that's a bit frustrating.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gh0ds said:

Turned off traction and ABS from 2019 to 2020 to make playing more realistic and more rewarding, and I'm half a second quicker on most tracks this year (comparing my time Vs record TT times). If I would've been quicker leaving the assists on all along that's a bit frustrating.

That’s because TC before f1 2020 was not realistic at all. I had a post with Vettel at Silverstone on turn 4 who spun and sus that it is not realistic. The way it’s implemented this year makes a huge difference and is very near to IRL according to real pilots.