Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

Disappointed by AI mistakes

Im wondering if its game mode specific. People are having different experiences, so I was thinking maybe ai only make mistakes in career mode, due to the implementation of the stats the drivers have in that mode perhaps? Maybe people can help confirm it.
I only play championship mode, not career, and I just today finished my first full season of 100% distance races. In literally every single race, there were 1 or 2 mechanical dnfs only (With a 100% safety car rate for the first dnf each race only) and the ai made no big mistakes like crashes, spins, understeering, etc. They only very rarely had their little lock up when under pressure which equates to maybe 1 second time loss.
So perhaps the mistakes people are having are only due to the new driver stat system in career mode maybe? Unless anyone has been having random moments in other modes too.

I've seen some incidents so far in 6 races. Only race without any AI making mistakes was China where it was wet the entire race. Not even one mistake from the AI there which isn't logical at all. It kinda baffles me that they're all driving perfectly in the wet but not in dry conditions.

AI Mistakes is a complicated issue. When I watch my race in Brazil a few hours ago, I haven't made a single mistake in 71 laps. It would not have been nice if the AI in front of me had constantly made mistakes so that I could easily overtake the AI. I love driving behind the AI and nobody makes a mistake. I want to overtake because I'm faster and not because the AI makes mistakes. So, a slider would be nice to adjust the rate of AI mistakes you want.  

2 races in and I love it, AI is incredible. I got 2 safety cars in Aus after Kimi lost it trying to pass me the carnage occured from their as he hit gio when returning to track who then cause a 3-4 car pile up seperately, think only one retirement as rest got to pits. 2nd one Bottas dropped it at turn one (nowhere near me) coming out the pits under pressure from another AI.

Nothing quiet as dramatic in Bahrain but lots of small but noticeable locks and over/undrdsteers. I didn't play 19 but the improvement in gameplay compared to 2018 is incredible so far.