Jump to content Jump to content

Corrupted driver career save (PC)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. Driver Career mode first crashed after completing an Invitational Event, Checkpoint challenge at Zandvoort (Loading screen now says Round 4/16). After attempting to load back into My Career the career hub appears blank with some red warnings (see screenshot), and upon changing tabs the game crashes again. No other buttons can be pressed. I started the career with 16 races on the calendar, and I also customized the tracks somewhat: removed at least Monaco and Singapore, but can't remember which tracks I replaced them with.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen): PC - Steam, 1.03
3.       Game-mode? Driver Career
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. Tried 4 times: load Driver Career from Main Menu -> empty career hub appears (attached) and the game crashes into Ego Dumper when trying to change tabs.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Restarted computer, drove a couple of normal races without issues, attempted to load the save with only keyboard attached, nothing has helped.
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) Fanatec CSW 2.5, F1 2020 LE wheel and Thrustmaster T3PA. But the issue occurs also with only a keyboard.
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? Screenshot attached1337399898_f12020.thumb.png.168f1a84fee4ee9bf7e20d1c6159d290.png

Edited by PJurgen

Hello, I have the same issue in XBOX One. It happened under the same conditions, I completed the invitational event and after that I began Chinese Grand Prix but when I was going to begin the practice 1, then crashed and I can load anymore the career mode because it crashes the game.

Edited by JulRod
  • Sad 1

Bummed to hear that others experience this as well. Is there any chance that the save could be repaired, or could I somehow revert to an earlier one before the crash? Or do I just have to start a new career and hope it doesn't happen again?

4 hours ago, zacerhy said:

Any progress with this @PJurgen?

Unfortunately no, haven't heard anything. I started My Team yesterday and at least got past the Dutch Invitational. Just read that you crashed again after the Chinese GP which I'm at right now, let's see what happens :classic_unsure:

On 7/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, zacerhy said:

Yeah maybe My Team is fine but I'd prefer to play driver mode :classic_blush:

At first I thought so too, but My Team is actually surprisingly fun :classic_biggrin:.

Anyways, I successfully got past the Dutch Invitational and Chinese GP with my team career so I think that's fine. Also, I tested Driver Career with the same configuration as my corrupted one: customized 16 race calendar, Alfa Romeo with Kimi as teammate, and simulated until the Dutch Invitational. I drove that manually and the game didn't crash. So I guess there's no logical reason for the crash and save getting corrupted.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, DEVWDN said:

Please can you zip up and upload your save games? They can be found at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your user id>\1080110\remote

Thanks

@DEVWDN Could you give any update on this bug please? I'd like to at least know if the save is somehow salvageable, or if I'll definitely have to start a new career.

Hi, I had been playing "My Team" for a few days and after qualy in Paul Ricard, the game crashed. I restarted but no luck, the saved game is like forever trying to load in the black screen. Left my computer on for 12 hours at night to see no progress.
I searched the steam directory you mention where the saves are stored and can´t see a folder number "1080110" there.

Is there anyother way to get my saves back or a save backup?

The game until that point was smooth and working really good, it was updated to the last version 1.05 on Steam.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by LMG
  • Codemasters Staff
On 7/23/2020 at 7:18 AM, PJurgen said:

@DEVWDN Could you give any update on this bug please? I'd like to at least know if the save is somehow salvageable, or if I'll definitely have to start a new career.

Following our investigations I'm sorry to say I don't think it will be salvageable. We think we've found the cause of the issue so hopefully it won't happen again in the future.

23 hours ago, DEVWDN said:

Following our investigations I'm sorry to say I don't think it will be salvageable. We think we've found the cause of the issue so hopefully it won't happen again in the future.

That's fine, I wasn't that far in it anyways. Also good to hear that you've found something.

Speaking of which, my new MyTeam career just crashed about 8 races in after the Japan Short invitational, in an extremely similar fashion as the driver career one. Luckily enough the save didn't get corrupted this time (would have probably uninstalled if it did :classic_sad:), but there definitely seems to be an issue with invitational events. I sent the EgoDumper crash report roughly 20 minutes ago.

@DEVWDN

Hi i've sadly got this issue too yesteday but with my entire saved profile which got corrupted. (3 sef1 saveasons of my team 2 characters and about 12 multi car)

The only thing that worked for me to be able to play again was to disable the steam cloudsave and to delete the saves from the local files. Everytime i tried to load in anything (time trial, multiplayer, career etc.) i got an instant crash.
I know the problem can not be resolved
But how can i prevent my files getting corrupted?

But for a check i did put the corrupted profile and myteam files down here

savegame@profile#NXDSMWW.BWW

savegame@profile#QKRHMYXE

savegame@highlights004_FOVUPTYXSA004.PSX

savegame@highlights004#QKRHMYXE

savegame@midsessions0_KOSFIDKYNVC0.RBQ

savegame@midsessions0#QKRHMYXE

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...