Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Grid penalty for changing engine components after Q2

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here:  In My Team and Driver Career modes switching the engine components (staying within the limits of 3 components) grants you a penalty as for art. 34.6 of the Sporting Regulations (Parc Ferme rule) if you get to Q2. I had two different cases: the first one in China, I was eliminated in Q1, after quali I switched to the component #2 of the ICE and didn't get any penalty. During the Dutch GP I made it to Q2, after quali I switched again to the component #2 of the ICE but the game notified me of the penalty for breaking Parc Ferme rule
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen): 1.03
3.       Game-mode? My Team and Driver Career
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 4. To replicate it just start a race in Driver Career or My Team, don't qualify for Q2 and try to change a component. Then in another race qualify for Q2 and then switch an engine component, the game will notify you of the grid penalty
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) Thrustmaster T500RS+T3PA Pro
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. I'll try to upload a video tomorrow since the screenshots might not show the problem

This is the video of me getting out of Q1 and switching engine components with no penalty

https://streamable.com/c4xe7h

Here instead I qualify for Q2, then don't make it to Q3, I switch the ICE and get a grid penalty for breaking parc ferme

https://streamable.com/s4y3a3

@BarryBL if you can give a look at this. Just a couple of things. Don't mind the driving and the AI, I couldn't be bothered to increase it, it's just a test to prove the bug I'm reporting, and also don't mind me not even getting out on track during Q1 in the first video. For the sake of time I preferred to retire without doing a bad lap, but I can confirm it happens even if you get out on track and do your quali, so you're already in parc ferme rule. So if you should get a penalty for breaking parc ferme you should get it even if you get eliminated in Q1

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 1