DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Ps 4 Reverse problem

Hi

I am experiencing a problem with my PS 4 hand controller it now seems to not want to allow me to reverse so when I go off I have to wait to recover can't reverse out of crash only happens on Dirt Rally and not F1 or other driving games anyone help please feeling frustrated.

5 minutes ago, Bullpupguy said:

What transmission option have you chosen?

Good question. My guess is the OP is using manual gears but isn't downshifting to select reverse.

• Agree 1

If you are using manual sequential you have to keep downshifting till you get past neutral.

If automatic, use the brake while you are at a complete stop.

If h-pattern, you would have to map it to whatever button or shifter position suits you in the options menu.

Posted (edited)

I am using automatic transmission it was working when I first started on DirT Rally 2.

I purchased a subsonic steering wheel and reverse didn't work with that I was then told that the subsonic is not supported and it is not one of recommended wheels still it works on other games ie F1 and all the WRC games.

I disconnected the wheel and used the hand controller and that's when I found out that it wouldn't engage reverse .

So to me there is a problem and it must in the game because no matter what I try nothing seems to work.

Edited by Bodgerog
spelling and grammer