Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

Recommended Posts

I am guilty as charged.

Have never even played a Grid game before this one and come from mainly playing FM on the Xbox360.

Over the last 12 months or so I have been playing much more PC sim racing (Assetto Corsa / Project Cars) and whilst in particular Assetto Corsa is technically excellent, I really miss the career and variation of Forza (liveries, different classes, 100+ different track layouts :-)

The videos of GAS look superb and with the texture pack available on day 1 should look every bit as good as FM5 (fingers crossed)

Never worry about graphics with CM games as they always look beautiful, especially on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andi said:

I am guilty as charged.

Have never even played a Grid game before this one and come from mainly playing FM on the Xbox360.

Over the last 12 months or so I have been playing much more PC sim racing (Assetto Corsa / Project Cars) and whilst in particular Assetto Corsa is technically excellent, I really miss the career and variation of Forza (liveries, different classes, 100+ different track layouts :-)

The videos of GAS look superb and with the texture pack available on day 1 should look every bit as good as FM5 (fingers crossed)

Never worry about graphics with CM games as they always look beautiful, especially on PC.
yeah I'm more interested on how it'll handle for me in terms of difficulty than how it looks now personally as I don't have any issues in that department Unfortunately I won't know about that till I get my hands on the game though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I pre-ordered it on Bestbuy, and from the tracking it should already be in my mailbox, a day before the official release date. Can't wait to play it when I get home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobertKNL said:
I'm seeing a lot of let's plays of this game on youtube already (most of them on ps3, somehow). I get it that people can get their hands on it early by buying it off the record, but it is really unfair towards the people who came here for the past six weeks and share our excitement :(. Anyway, enjoy the game in a couple of hours, Americans! I can't wait to get started myself the 27th
There will always be those retailers who let the game out a bit earlier than they should, that's largely out of our hands sadly :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
RobertKNL said:
I'm seeing a lot of let's plays of this game on youtube already (most of them on ps3, somehow). I get it that people can get their hands on it early by buying it off the record, but it is really unfair towards the people who came here for the past six weeks and share our excitement :(. Anyway, enjoy the game in a couple of hours, Americans! I can't wait to get started myself the 27th
There will always be those retailers who let the game out a bit earlier than they should, that's largely out of our hands sadly :(

When you pre-order physical copies from some places and have them ship to your house, they'll ship it several days before release date. They make their best estimate on when it will actually reach your house. Sometimes if the post office is efficient it's possible to get it a day or two early. Sometimes it could be late as well. I've received games a day before release a few times before when I pre-ordered from Bestbuy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awong124 said:
Loore said:
RobertKNL said:
I'm seeing a lot of let's plays of this game on youtube already (most of them on ps3, somehow). I get it that people can get their hands on it early by buying it off the record, but it is really unfair towards the people who came here for the past six weeks and share our excitement :(. Anyway, enjoy the game in a couple of hours, Americans! I can't wait to get started myself the 27th
There will always be those retailers who let the game out a bit earlier than they should, that's largely out of our hands sadly :(

When you pre-order physical copies from some places and have them ship to your house, they'll ship it several days before release date. They make their best estimate on when it will actually reach your house. Sometimes if the post office is efficient it's possible to get it a day or two early. Sometimes it could be late as well. I've received games a day before release a few times before when I pre-ordered from Bestbuy.
Agreed I have a number of times as well in fact Grid 2 I think arrived a day or 2 early with me as well. Would love to say that'll happen with Autosport but I can be patient although this certainly will test me :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haven't received a shipped notice yet.  I think I may have to reorder.  Ah well.  Things are hopping around here for the next few weeks and probably wouldn't have been able to spend much time with it for awhile.  That is, unless I just said t'hell with everything but the game.

Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RubyRuby said:
Haven't received a shipped notice yet.  I think I may have to reorder.  Ah well.  Things are hopping around here for the next few weeks and probably wouldn't have been able to spend much time with it for awhile.  That is, unless I just said t'hell with everything but the game.

Frank
I haven't either but probably won't until Wednesday as I'm in the UK but one thing I'm definetely doing is watching my emails like a hawk so will know when mine's dispatched. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
     


ahahaha
Assiemodis 8-X an other good game for Holland but in next round will be harder with Mexico ! Vamooos, vamoos amigoos arriba ole ole!!  <:-P   :ar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i just preordered it off ps3, its downloading now! time to dust my wheel off, i havent raced in awhile so im pretty excited! cm racing has always been my favorite, mostly the dirt series but im looking forward to this grid game. im keeping my eye on the crew as well, it looks like something ill be into. and for some wacky fun that new criterion game they showed at e3 looks interesting. but for now im ready for some grid action!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bought the XBox 360 version of Grid Autosport this morning as an XBL "Games On Demand" download.  I'm about 20 minutes away from playing this baby... my and my Fanatec GT2, Club Sport Elite pedals, and Pro Seat Evolution cockpit outfitted with Aura Bass Shaker subwoofers can hardly wait  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just pre ordered for 360. Loved GRID, but I never even played GRID2 as it looked like an awful game. Hope my faith in you isn't misplaced CM. Autosport is looking good though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just picked up my limited black edition, and installing as we speak. unfortunately gotta leave for a few hours. so cant play till later, but very excited..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My preorder has been shipped.  Yay!  I had forgotten that my seller is dealing with the Euro release, while I was focused on the NA release.  All is well.  Whew!

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoiHman said:
     


imageimageimageimageimage
imageimageimageimageimage

It kinda grows on you, lol . . .
Yeah but these cute oragne faces will be like that  :-S in round of 8 finals as they will face Greece after Greece<:-P has disqualified the Mattey's team Costa Rica in 16 round! Until 29/6 that Greece plays with Costa Rica my biggest rival and competitor is Mattey
Mattey i am gonna chase with my blue - white car with a greek flag on it you in GAS  as the Greek defenders will chase Costaricanos attackers like Bolanos and Campel! =))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Word on the street is all thumbs up for Autosport . . . no negative reports from those playing.

However, shortcomings, if there are any, will take a little while to emerge . . .
~O)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×