Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

HoiHman said:
I hope you do, if not it's gonna be a very long weekend for you.

Indeed

In other news I think I'm starting to get more of a handle of Grid 1 now having won a few races. I think all the practice I've been doing on my other racers have been paying off.

Word on the street is all thumbs up for Autosport . . . no negative reports from those playing.

However, shortcomings, if there are any, will take a little while to emerge . . .
~O)
at the moment everything seems positive but because only the US guys have access to it for now it's still early days. We have to wait until after the game has gone worldwide  before we can fully judge whether it's a success or failure. I'm leaning towards success at the moment but as I said it's still early days.
I'm waiting until official launch on friday but don't imagine Europe isn't already playing the game, I'd imagin there are torrents everywhere
HoiHman said:

imageimageimageimageimage

It kinda grows on you, lol . . .
YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA

It's the two Swansea players in the Dutch squad that must be doing it ;)

CONGARTS Netherlanders Amigos, that victory on the 8th final is almost a passport
for the semi...you're way favorites against either Greece or Costa Rica (sry for that Miat... ) 

Awong124 said:
Loore said:
RobertKNL said:
I'm seeing a lot of let's plays of this game on youtube already (most of them on ps3, somehow). I get it that people can get their hands on it early by buying it off the record, but it is really unfair towards the people who came here for the past six weeks and share our excitement :(. Anyway, enjoy the game in a couple of hours, Americans! I can't wait to get started myself the 27th
There will always be those retailers who let the game out a bit earlier than they should, that's largely out of our hands sadly :(

When you pre-order physical copies from some places and have them ship to your house, they'll ship it several days before release date. They make their best estimate on when it will actually reach your house. Sometimes if the post office is efficient it's possible to get it a day or two early. Sometimes it could be late as well. I've received games a day before release a few times before when I pre-ordered from Bestbuy.
Grid 2 came 3 days early for me :-)
Sadly GridAS is not going to beat that delivery time

Another day, another no-show for my pre-order from Game...
Originally, I had pre-ordered from game but changed to Steam when they offered the "black" edition with £3 off if you owned Grid 2 (£26.99) . . . glad I did, lol . .

Awong124 said:
Loore said:
RobertKNL said:
I'm seeing a lot of let's plays of this game on youtube already (most of them on ps3, somehow). I get it that people can get their hands on it early by buying it off the record, but it is really unfair towards the people who came here for the past six weeks and share our excitement :(. Anyway, enjoy the game in a couple of hours, Americans! I can't wait to get started myself the 27th
There will always be those retailers who let the game out a bit earlier than they should, that's largely out of our hands sadly :(

When you pre-order physical copies from some places and have them ship to your house, they'll ship it several days before release date. They make their best estimate on when it will actually reach your house. Sometimes if the post office is efficient it's possible to get it a day or two early. Sometimes it could be late as well. I've received games a day before release a few times before when I pre-ordered from Bestbuy.
Grid 2 came 3 days early for me :-)
Sadly GridAS is not going to beat that delivery time
Yeah I think I got Grid 2 a day or 2 early as well unfortunately that didn't happen with Autosport it came a day late but it did come. Thoroughly enjoying it thus far did my first Street and Tuner seasons yesterday. Tuner was a laugh though as despite being all over the track in the drifting I still managed to win. Still not entirely sure how but it was funny.

Originally, I had pre-ordered from game but changed to Steam when they offered the "black" edition with £3 off if you owned Grid 2 (£26.99) . . . glad I did, lol . .
Not much use to me on Xbox though :)

CONGARTS Netherlanders Amigos, that victory on the 8th final is almost a passport
for the semi...you're way favorites against either Greece or Costa Rica (sry for that Miat... ) 
lol  Camarimore  we all know that Greece sucks in football about spectacle.. (:|
I am sorry that a team like Portugal is out of world cup now it is Greece too ! :-S
But the fights of  Costa Rica  vs Greece did not stop in football's world cup as you can see here :

Yeah here it is shown me (blue with white stripes) and Costa ricano Mattey to race on track in a duel race!! I had challenged him since i learnt that the 2 countries would  meet each other in round of 16th... lol B-)
Now Mattey have to face some dutch like Assiemodis8-Xor 053 (sandro)

First I downloaded a bootleg copy for my modded ps3 and after 2 days decided it was not Grid 2 and then purchased it for my unmodded ps3 along with a new controller.

RobertKNL said:
Still waiting. Now guaranteed to be at least as late as my F1 2013 pre-order from game...
Where did you order your pre-order from? Mars? Waiting this long for a pre-order of a game that has been out for almost a week isn't normal. Have you been in contact with Game?
Yes. They say they can't do anything unless it hasn't turned up 45 days after dispatch. But the last thing I ordered from them took this long as well, so I can't say I'm surprised.

I dont understand why any of you preorder...........preordering is the way in which game companies gauge how many units to send out to gamestop and wal-mart and whatever distribution centers the other parts of the world use............seriously, without preordering you still get your copy on day one and perhaps the retailer will overstock and two weeks later its 20 dollars cheaper.  Preorders are nothing more than an easy way for retailers to keep from overstocking and pricing down games.

While I am on the subject it is interesting to me why Wal-Mart..............easily the largest retailer in the US did not have this game on release date and I had to get it from the all mighty Satan...........GameStop.

I dont understand why any of you preorder...........
Two words: preorder bonus. If I'm not interested in that, I don't bother -- I very rarely buy new games at all, I prefer to buy pre-owned. 

Of course pre-orders suit the retailers at least as much as the customers, but so what? I'd rather contribute to an ecosystem where the retailers are happy than one where they're not.

Still waiting. Now guaranteed to be at least as late as my F1 2013 pre-order from game...
Have you received your dispatched note yet?
Yes, last Tuesday (June 24th).
It's quite possible your copy got lost in the post then. Has happened a few times to me as well you may want to contact Game and ask them to send a second/replacement one or refund or whatever. When it's been a week after the dispatch was sent is when I usually contact them because to leave it any longer your order will get forgotten about.

It's quite possible your copy got lost in the post then. Has happened a few times to me as well you may want to contact Game and ask them to send a second/replacement one or refund or whatever. When it's been a week after the dispatch was sent is when I usually contact them because to leave it any longer your order will get forgotten about.
They've already told me they won't do anything until 45 days after dispatch (because it's an international order I presume). As I said, the last thing I ordered from them took this long as well, so I don't really expect it's lost -- I'd really just like to know how they consistently manage to send things that take two weeks to cross the Irish sea, when the regular post takes about 3-4 days!

They've already told me they won't do anything until 45 days after dispatch (because it's an international order I presume). As I said, the last thing I ordered from them took this long as well, so I don't really expect it's lost -- I'd really just like to know how they consistently manage to send things that take two weeks to cross the Irish sea, when the regular post takes about 3-4 days!
I think we'd al like to know that answer hopefully it'll show up soon but it's definitely worth the wait. :)