Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

Bought GAS on steam, but didnt get  10 % discount.. Spend 16 hours in GRID 2, half of that must be AFK, or some kinda brain failure.. cars and tracks was not bad, but the handling.. its like all NFS series after porsche 2000/ HP2- content is awesome but handling- after 1 min controller bounces of the wall.. Even if cm fail again, next car game might save the day, handling is superb for now, although there will be more contact racing  :D

edit:
VVVV i did like 15 hours ago, must be valve's beauty sleep :)

Bought GAS on steam, but didnt get  10 % discount.. Spend 16 hours in GRID 2, half of that must be AFK, or some kinda brain failure.. cars and tracks was not bad, but the handling.. its like all NFS series after porsche 2000/ HP2- content is awesome but handling- after 1 min controller bounces of the wall.. Even if cm fail again, next car game might save the day, handling is superb for now, although there will be more contact racing  :D
If you didn't get the 10% discount, drop Steam support a ticket and they should refund you the difference into your Steam wallet.

RubyRuby said:
Ordered the disc from an unnamed vendor.  Disc installation coming up; no waiting.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.
yeah that's why I went with Amazon because I wanted a disc version as well. I have started buying games on download but this games of the kind I think I'd want to keep based on what I've seen and heard anyway
I never buy digital games unless it's a small indie title. I almost skipped F1 2013 because the physical copy never came out in North America, and I didn't want to import from Europe. Even though I think F1 2013 is an awesome game after having played it, I still wouldn't buy a digital copy. It ended up working out for me though.

Awong124 said:
RubyRuby said:
Ordered the disc from an unnamed vendor.  Disc installation coming up; no waiting.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.
yeah that's why I went with Amazon because I wanted a disc version as well. I have started buying games on download but this games of the kind I think I'd want to keep based on what I've seen and heard anyway
I never buy digital games unless it's a small indie title. I almost skipped F1 2013 because the physical copy never came out in North America, and I didn't want to import from Europe. Even though I think F1 2013 is an awesome game after having played it, I still wouldn't buy a digital copy. It ended up working out for me though.
I only download some games mostly the yearly release title games like FiFA basically to help save shelf space as these types of games don't change much from year to year but for the games that really matter to me  I still  buy disc copies but it depends on the game and how badly I want it. I nearly skipped 2013 as well and tbh after playing the game there are days when I wish I had because apart from the classic part I don't really enjoy it as much as the others. I only bought it on download so don't have a disc copy but it's still fun just not as much fun as I would have liked.

I would rather pay to import a disc then not have one.  Got into Steam not long ago and have downloaded just enough to confirm that I really don't like it.  On my miserable service it means spending a day or two nursing the damned thing along (G2), vs an hour installing from a disc.  The freight for the disc is still a bargain to me.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
I would rather pay to import a disc then not have one.  Got into Steam not long ago and have downloaded just enough to confirm that I really don't like it.  On my miserable service it means spending a day or two nursing the damned thing along (G2), vs an hour installing from a disc.  The freight for the disc is still a bargain to me.

Frank
Same here just annoying though that we still have to use systems like Steam to get them to work even if we are just interested ion the single player part of the games. Fair enough if multiplayer is your thing but for single player I think it's pointless although I think it's done to prevent piracy it is annoying.

The reason for Steam is to give publisher\ game maker some kind of DRM. Steam has become an except-able forum of DRM for PC players.

We could go back to GFWL!   GRRRRRR  If Micosoft would of kept it running!

No GFWL on my newest gaming computer. :)

GRID Autosport still a no buy for me.  :(

Purple44 said:
The reason for Steam is to give publisher\ game maker some kind of DRM. Steam has become an except-able forum of DRM for PC players.

We could go back to GFWL!   GRRRRRR  If Micosoft would of kept it running!

No GFWL on my newest gaming computer. :)

GRID Autosport still a no buy for me.  :(
I know it is as that's exactly what I said I just find having to deal with these things a tad annoying is all

Decided to go for it after watching loads of videos, got it for £17 after a 5% off for liking their horrible facebook page, I unliked it as soon as i got the discount!

Was going to for for a disc version since my internet will be horrific at home in the summer hols, but couldnt find a good price. Also getting my G27 shipped home so i can drive properly!

I have autosport pre-ordered on Xbox 360. I felt somewhat betrayed with Grid 2, and hated the slide to win nonsense. It was good for a bit of fun with a controller, but sucked with a wheel.

But, it seems so far that they have learned their lesson. So I'm giving them one last chance with Grid. If GAS sucks, then I will write off the series, and stick to DiRT and F1 until they ruin those o.o . Though, hopefully they have physical copies of F1 2014(15?) otherwise, my first and last F1 game will be F1 2012. I just finally recently got my skills up in F1 to where I can run on pro and still win (so far the first 3 races of the season in a row, one of those being a track I hadn't won on before. So I'm ready for more lol.)

Last year, the more I heard about G2 the less I liked it.  It's just the opposite with GRID A.  Although I'm disappointed with a few developments, the more I learn about it the more I think it's going to be worth a buy.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
Last year, the more I heard about G2 the less I liked it.  It's just the opposite with GRID A.  Although I'm disappointed with a few developments, the more I learn about it the more I think it's going to be worth a buy.

Frank
although I still like Grid 2 in fact just bought a DLC pack as I never touched that when it first came out and thought I'd give it a look in SP mode of course. The moer I'm hearing the moer I'm liking too. Yes Grid 2 has it's frailties but in my opinion was still a fun game just not as much fun as it probably could have been the career mode was just too short. It look like they've learnt their lesson for this time round as it sounds like Autosport will be a BLAST. So credit for CM for dusting themselves down and giving it another go because this is exactly the kind of response the Grid series needed. I just hope the F1 guys take note of this and deliver something equally impressive. Won't hold my breath but it would be nice :)

Yup, I'm in.  Pre-ordered last night on Steam.

Hope to god they redeem themselves with GAS!

See you chaps on the track :D

superchimp

Out of interest, will you lot be making a RaceNet club?

Loore said:
I'll make one, just to make a custom livery. I doubt I'd actually play online though. I don't have a lot of friends who are into racing games.

Yup I'll make one too. Probably I race online as a "privateer". I don't have the time to participate in a league or something. Mainly offline player here.

Going to add my name here as well. Just secured my copy on Steam.

Honestly can't wait to get on with some proper online Touring to see if this is actually as good as it looks so far.

Pretty curious about the online livery patterns coming with the Black Edition as well (as I always thought both Race Driver: GRID and GRID 2 could do with some higher quality patterns).

Money well spent, hopefully.

:D

Awong124 said:
Loore said:
I'll make one, just to make a custom livery. I doubt I'd actually play online though. I don't have a lot of friends who are into racing games.
You don't need to be in a club to make a custom livery :)

brought 2 copys why? because im crazy :D haha just joking one is for me the other is the prize for our charity race in our league.

Looks like the group is slowly coming together again.   :)

Now anyone heard something from ghost, the G1 guys?