Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

I see G1edson pop on my steam friends playing CS:GO every now and again.  Will give him a heads up

I got gledson in my friendlist but I never see him online.
Although I now see he was online 6 hours ago, so I guess most of his online time is while I am at work.  :)

Decided to go for it after watching loads of videos, got it for £17 after a 5% off for liking their horrible facebook page, I unliked it as soon as i got the discount!

Did they email your Steam key right away? I'm also thinking of ordering from them but I just want to know if they're legit... Also, did you get the "Black Edition" preorder bonus from them?

Decided to go for it after watching loads of videos, got it for £17 after a 5% off for liking their horrible facebook page, I unliked it as soon as i got the discount!

Did they email your Steam key right away? I'm also thinking of ordering from them but I just want to know if they're legit... Also, did you get the "Black Edition" preorder bonus from them?
No they email you a page that will have the steam key when its released/ready for preloading.

I'm pretty sure theyre legit after asking around on some other forums, but i guess theres no real way to know, but at that price it was a far better option than anywhere else.

And as far as i know, its not the Black edition, but tbh i'm not really interested in it,

No they email you a page that will have the steam key when its released/ready for preloading.

I'm pretty sure theyre legit after asking around on some other forums, but i guess theres no real way to know, but at that price it was a far better option than anywhere else.

And as far as i know, its not the Black edition, but tbh i'm not really interested in it,
I've not ordered the black edition either as I thought it wasn't erally worth it and alsio as an offline player I doubt it would be that much use to me. B ut then I went with the standard disc version

I WAS committed to buying but I'm the lucky git already playing :)

RubyRuby said:
Last year, the more I heard about G2 the less I liked it.  It's just the opposite with GRID A.  Although I'm disappointed with a few developments, the more I learn about it the more I think it's going to be worth a buy.

Frank
although I still like Grid 2 in fact just bought a DLC pack as I never touched that when it first came out and thought I'd give it a look in SP mode of course. The moer I'm hearing the moer I'm liking too. Yes Grid 2 has it's frailties but in my opinion was still a fun game just not as much fun as it probably could have been the career mode was just too short. It look like they've learnt their lesson for this time round as it sounds like Autosport will be a BLAST. So credit for CM for dusting themselves down and giving it another go because this is exactly the kind of response the Grid series needed. I just hope the F1 guys take note of this and deliver something equally impressive. Won't hold my breath but it would be nice :)
I gave grid 2 a fair go (300+ hours) then, I just lost interest in it because of a number of things Handling, Always on mic, career took only 72 races to beat on hardest settings as they all dove a grip line and style.

GAS is different the AI is gonna push and worry you at times, Been playing on hard as thats where I usually start before switching levels.

I WAS committed to buying but I'm the lucky git already playing :)

RubyRuby said:
Last year, the more I heard about G2 the less I liked it.  It's just the opposite with GRID A.  Although I'm disappointed with a few developments, the more I learn about it the more I think it's going to be worth a buy.

Frank
although I still like Grid 2 in fact just bought a DLC pack as I never touched that when it first came out and thought I'd give it a look in SP mode of course. The moer I'm hearing the moer I'm liking too. Yes Grid 2 has it's frailties but in my opinion was still a fun game just not as much fun as it probably could have been the career mode was just too short. It look like they've learnt their lesson for this time round as it sounds like Autosport will be a BLAST. So credit for CM for dusting themselves down and giving it another go because this is exactly the kind of response the Grid series needed. I just hope the F1 guys take note of this and deliver something equally impressive. Won't hold my breath but it would be nice :)
I gave grid 2 a fair go (300+ hours) then, I just lost interest in it because of a number of things Handling, Always on mic, career took only 72 races to beat on hardest settings as they all dove a grip line and style.

GAS is different the AI is gonna push and worry you at times, Been playing on hard as thats where I usually start before switching levels.
I know it is. I prefer a moer sim style handling anyway myself or at least a semi sim as I'm a pretty precise driver I'm quite slow (which is generally why I play on the lower levels) but I am quite precise in where I put my car in terms of my racing line and as you say the Grid 2 game as I played a couple of races on the DLC couple of nights ago and the cars were very slidey which I find useful for the drift events on the game but not much else as usually I suck in that part of the racing at least in Shift I do. I'm practicing a lot on F1 2012 and Shift 1 at the moment. Was also planning on playing Shift 2 as well once I've completed the first. I normally start on the bottom level which in this case will be very easy and tweak up as necessary later if I find I'm thrashing the AI too much. I'm normally conservative when it comes to playing new games at first and generally start off at the bottom till I get to grips with how a game handles.

Uhhh I'm guilty    :D
I've just stepped outside of the only thread I generally post in and guess what I find . . .
~O)
That took you awhile to find it.   :D

Yeah when Gooner went for it, I was the last one of the group to make the decision.
I proberly throw away the money as they totally ruined my favorite cam.
But decided to go for itin the hope codie patch it or the modders improve the resolution of it and add trackir support.
If not I am doomed to play with the hood cam.   :(

dooooomed u say?..dooomed?

Itd be doom if you had to play on one of those funny game-pad things instead of a wheel.
Itd be doom if you had to play on one of those underpowered cut-down PC thingamybobs...i mean console.
Itd be doom if you got banned from smoking in your house!

but not the good ol hood cam, nooooooooo.
Hood cam rocks!

8D

Wish I could join you all, but sadly there is no demo. I'll be getting it once it goes on sale if the general feeling is positive though, don't like spending £30 on a game when I don't even know if I like it to be honest.

I'll be getting it, just where from is another matter, steam is about £27 with 10% from grid 2.

However i have spotted it at £17.90 from a site called cdkeys - which seems too good to be true can anyone comment?

However i have spotted it at £17.90 from a site called cdkeys - which seems too good to be true can anyone comment?
Those are keys bought from cheaper countries (eastern countries usually) and sold back. There are no issues with them as long as you don't end up with a russian only version, or that they need to be activated from the same country through VPN.
I don't think it makes a difference to CM, but I'm pretty sure it goes against Steam policy, not that they can do much about it anyway.
I'd likely buy a key myself if I knew there was text-chat in the game. As I know there isn't I'll just wait.

Better pay full price for a game you want to support, then half for a game you'll hardly play.

lol you guys.  :D

Start driving like a real man and use incar cam.  

there's nothing wrong with the hood cam I use that myself whwn drivibfg that sort of car and the T cam when racing open wheelers

I'll be getting it, just where from is another matter, steam is about £27 with 10% from grid 2.

There are numerous sites selling Cdkeys, it's very much a grey area.
The Gaming companies don't tend to interfere with them, and a lot of people do use them.
At some point I guess things will get better defined but until then you take your chances with them.
If you are worried about playing online with them don't be, they are not illegal copies . . .

I don't use them myself, £34.50 for the Black edition hard copy at Game is a fair price . . .
~O)

I don't even think it 's a grey area.
You buy from abroad cheaper to sell in your country at a fair price to make a benefice.
This is the basis of modern economy.
The only problem is that Steam (the owner) doesn't get anything from it (well, whatever from the original country, as cheap as it may be). And they can't fight against it.....

There are numerous sites selling Cdkeys, it's very much a grey area.
The Gaming companies don't tend to interfere with them, and a lot of people do use them.
At some point I guess things will get better defined but until then you take your chances with them.
If you are worried about playing online with them don't be, they are not illegal copies . . .

I don't use them myself, £34.50 for the Black edition hard copy at Game is a fair price . . .
~O)
or £29.86 for my copy from Amazon bargain for a great game like Autosport

muckymu said:
I don't even think it 's a grey area.
You buy from abroad cheaper to sell in your country at a fair price to make a benefice.
This is the basis of modern economy.
The only problem is that Steam (the owner) doesn't get anything from it (well, whatever from the original country, as cheap as it may be). And they can't fight against it.....

Steam have banned accounts before or deleted the game from the person library if they know this has taken place. You do it at your own risk.

there's nothing wrong with the hood cam I use that myself whwn drivibfg that sort of car and the T cam when racing open wheelers
As long as you drive youre car in real life lying on youre hood there is nothng wrong indeed.   

In my opinion racegames should have only one view available and that is incar.   ;)

As long as you drive youre car in real life lying on youre hood there is nothng wrong indeed.   

In my opinion racegames should have only one view available and that is incar.   ;)
But can you go 3 cars wide in a tight turn and not rub any paint, online?

I did with the Lacetti, and second chase cam, one time. I was the middle car :O

I like using second chase so I can see a lot the action on the track, even thou it can make me a little slower against a good player using hood cam.

And I don't have to say as many "sry" online with the chase cam. ;)

Laying on your hood sounds more like nose cam to me....which i dont generally use because its far to low.
I used to use chase cam when i was younger, but that was because i wanted to 'see' the car i was driving.
Now i prefer to drive the car i am driving and hood cam is the easiest cam to use, especially without track-ir.

cockpit view seems to restricted for my liking.