Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

In race07 there is a cam inbetween incar and hood which is quite nice (think it's called the Action-cam), even though I'm using hood.
In Pcars you can adjust your hood view up/down and forward/rear and there you can find very nice driving views, ie my hood cam  is almost inside of the car.

Goonertez said:

As long as you drive youre car in real life lying on youre hood there is nothng wrong indeed.   

In my opinion racegames should have only one view available and that is incar.   ;)

Laying on your hood sounds more like nose cam to me....which i dont generally use because its far to low.
I used to use chase cam when i was younger, but that was because i wanted to 'see' the car i was driving.
Now i prefer to drive the car i am driving and hood cam is the easiest cam to use, especially without track-ir.

cockpit view seems to restricted for my liking.

Yeah I agree that's why I don't use it I'm not too worried about what's behind me as the arrows give me enough info in that regard I use hood view or bonnet view (as I call it) because I need to be able to see enough out ahead to plan my next move and see where I can make one and to do this I like to see what's up the road ahead  that's why I use the T cam on the open wheelers for the same reason

Yeah I agree that's why I don't use it I'm not too worried about what's behind me as the arrows give me enough info in that regard
For a moment there, you made me think that GAS does not have a 'look back' feature.
The arrows alone you mention do not give me the info i need..i depend on looking back.

@Loore....or anyone whos played the game and can verify....Is there a look back function?
Id be amazed if there wasnt, but still im gonna ask.

Goonertez said:
Yeah I agree that's why I don't use it I'm not too worried about what's behind me as the arrows give me enough info in that regard
For a moment there, you made me think that GAS does not have a 'look back' feature.
The arrows alone you mention do not give me the info i need..i depend on looking back.

@Loore....or anyone whos played the game and can verify....Is there a look back function?

From what I've seen of several channels' videos, yes, there's a look-back. I'm guessing it can be remapped for keyboards/wheels too (It's likely the right analog click button like it is on Grid 1/2.)

I think it'd be pretty suicidal to not have that feature, really. o_o

Goonertez said:

Yes you can look back.
@Loore,

Will there be pre-orders at Greenman Gaming?
Yes, I believe so.

muckymu said:
I don't even think it 's a grey area.
You buy from abroad cheaper to sell in your country at a fair price to make a benefice.
This is the basis of modern economy.
The only problem is that Steam (the owner) doesn't get anything from it (well, whatever from the original country, as cheap as it may be). And they can't fight against it.....

I was talking about the whole issue of CDKeys, this is commonly regarded as a grey area in purchasing games.
At the moment it is just allowed to float along because it's too much hassle to deal with . . .

Andi said:
muckymu said:
I don't even think it 's a grey area.
You buy from abroad cheaper to sell in your country at a fair price to make a benefice.
This is the basis of modern economy.
The only problem is that Steam (the owner) doesn't get anything from it (well, whatever from the original country, as cheap as it may be). And they can't fight against it.....

Steam have banned accounts before or deleted the game from the person library if they know this has taken place. You do it at your own risk.
This is what I mean with a grey area, there are no hard and fast rules, but it seems Steam are making a stand . .

I'll be getting it, just where from is another matter, steam is about £27 with 10% from grid 2.

However i have spotted it at £17.90 from a site called cdkeys - which seems too good to be true can anyone comment?
There are numerous sites selling Cdkeys, it's very much a grey area.
The Gaming companies don't tend to interfere with them, and a lot of people do use them.
At some point I guess things will get better defined but until then you take your chances with them.
If you are worried about playing online with them don't be, they are not illegal copies . . .

I don't use them myself, £34.50 for the Black edition hard copy at Game is a fair price . . .
~O)
or £29.86 for my copy from Amazon bargain for a great game like Autosport
Cancelled my order with Game, I'm no longer sure I want a hard copy, life can be simpler just letting Steam do all the work so I'll order from there and with my 10% off it should be about £27 . . .and I believe it will be a Black copy, lol . .
~O)

Cancelled my order with Game, I'm no longer sure I want a hard copy, life can be simpler just letting Steam do all the work so I'll order from there and with my 10% off it should be about £27 . . .and I believe it will be a Black copy, lol . .
~O)
Which of course helps Valve fund developing their OcculusRift equivalent widget which should be done, affordable, and superb for Codies' BTCC 2016-17 title that we'll all get 10% off too for owning GAS...  ouroboros in action!
:)>-

DJ007 said:

~O)
Which of course helps Valve fund developing their OcculusRift equivalent widget which should be done, affordable, and superb for Codies' BTCC 2016-17 title that we'll all get 10% off too for owning GAS...  ouroboros in action!
:)>-
Job done . . . £26.99 from Steam . .saving £8 off the price of £34.99 at Game, and £2.87 off the price at Amazon, lol . .

~O)

Purple44 said:
But can you go 3 cars wide in a tight turn and not rub any paint, online?

yes did that night after night with no problems
But to be able to do that you cant rely on cam alone you know that purp.
It is also about place awarness on the track and knowing where the others are around you and mirrors is a must with that when using incar cam.
But also looking around you is important to get that information.

Problem I notice most online and why I see many accidents happen in corners is that most people dont look back when aproaching a corner. dont see that someone is outbraking them and slam the car in the corner straight on the other car.
And arrows alone dont give you the right information about that.

@Goonertez
Sititng on the hood then.   lol
Well it is easier for you to find the right racing line agree but I find you see less then me what happens around you on the track.
But I can look back without losing sight to the front can you?   :D

But with any view it is all about practise.
I am using incar cam for years and am used to it.
And that it is to restricted is not true in my opinion.

In the end I dont give a hoot which cam people use as long as they are aware of their suroundings.  :)

will stick with my Amazon order as I know I want a hard copy of this game plus it's faster installing from disc anyway

Yeh pre-ordered Autosport as soon as it hit steam.. ( 4 hours after i got a reply on twitter .. funny that ) ..

Just hope i dont have to play with the Hardware_settings.XML  Cores# to much. normaly do have a tweak, best way to get it running smooth .

I think with this game being such a mix of Race "types" they should just do a DLC Rally Pack for the game. focus on one game with dlc. hell you could then go down the road of

Drag Pack
Trucking pack
Xgames rally cross pack.
and on and on and on.. hehe.. Tournement accross all race types anyone?

mcnab said:
I'm in :)
Nice.    :)

No pre-order for me. This time for economical reasons - i can get hard copy for half the price here. 

@KazzyMac - you say XBOX MP is more competitive than PC's? Oh, really? :)

I knew someone would respond on that.  :D

Nice to see youre getting the game aswell flowa.

Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical of playing on PC online due to hackers/cheaters :P

Plenty competitive people on xbox though, but I'd be up for breaking out my wheel and playing a private match or three (unless traction control is really that bad on GAS that I'd have to turn it off to be competitive because ... I don't use pedals. not enough room :/.)

mcnab said:
I'm in :)
Nice.    :)

No pre-order for me. This time for economical reasons - i can get hard copy for half the price here. 

@KazzyMac - you say XBOX MP is more competitive than PC's? Oh, really? :)

I knew someone would respond on that.  :D

Nice to see youre getting the game aswell flowa.

Plenty competitive people on xbox though, but I'd be up for breaking out my wheel and playing a private match or three (unless traction control is really that bad on GAS that I'd have to turn it off to be competitive because ... I don't use pedals. not enough room :/.)

KazzyMac said:

Search on google and you will be dissapointed mate.
Proberly there will be alot less cheating then on pc might happen but it is possible.
I do agree with you though it is concerning which is why the only leaderboard that counts for me is my friends board and I don't give  anything on global ones.

Yeah cheating will happen, its a shame but very easy to overcome.

Get yourself hooked up with regulars....this doesnt have to be a clan at all....just guys you find yourself gaming with...or chatting on forums with.

once you build a lil gaming relationship with folk, you end up gaining a bit of trust.

I had plenty of good races on grid1...and because of the trust a few of us had with each other, we always knew it was fair and legit.
And that game was RIFE with hacks and whatnot.

The best bit of this was, when a cheat did show up in one of our public servers, and sped off into the distance doing 200mph, he'd just get kick voted next game.

No software available today could have kept cleaner servers, than those we had back then.

And it made the game all the more fun.

Yeah global challenge/and touring nights on grid 2 was great fun with Gooner/Assie/Rastas/Cap etc etc i hardly know the guys but you know they not cheating,clean racers and lots of fun.

Cant wait for GA just follow these lads and you cant go wrong
^:)^

Goonertez said:
Yeah cheating will happen, its a shame but very easy to overcome.

Get yourself hooked up with regulars....this doesnt have to be a clan at all....just guys you find yourself gaming with...or chatting on forums with.

once you build a lil gaming relationship with folk, you end up gaining a bit of trust.

I had plenty of good races on grid1...and because of the trust a few of us had with each other, we always knew it was fair and legit.
And that game was RIFE with hacks and whatnot.

The best bit of this was, when a cheat did show up in one of our public servers, and sped off into the distance doing 200mph, he'd just get kick voted next game.

No software available today could have kept cleaner servers, than those we had back then.

And it made the game all the more fun.

+1 :)

+1

Cheating was indeed rife in Grid 1 then came ver1.3 and we were free of cheats for a few months, even the Ebay cars from career would get you kicked from an online lobby (if you did a career or Custom race in your ebay car then went to race online in the same class).

That was until some dude named Yurasov managed to ruin it far everyone again.....

It's one reason I'd prefer dedicated servers as then at least action can be taken like a short term ban for a 1st "offense" up to and including a total ban.

Cheaters are only cheating themselves imo, far more fun to learn the game and master it. then at least you KNOW if you're any good.

+1

Cheating was indeed rife in Grid 1 then came ver1.3 and we were free of cheats for a few months, even the Ebay cars from career would get you kicked from an online lobby (if you did a career or Custom race in your ebay car then went to race online in the same class).

That was until some dude named Yurasov managed to ruin it far everyone again.....

It's one reason I'd prefer dedicated servers as then at least action can be taken like a short term ban for a 1st "offense" up to and including a total ban.

Cheaters are only cheating themselves imo, far more fun to learn the game and master it. then at least you KNOW if you're any good.
agered I generally only cheat in single player and even then during difficult parts of a game  but generally I try to avoid it.

i havent bought it yet, but this is definately a buy for me, i just dont like pre ordering games.