DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

Hmm, most PC games that you pre-order have a discounted price on Steam. The only discount for GRID Autosport is if you have bought GRID 2 already, will save you $5.

Also, console version of GRID Autosport going for $50, PC version is costing the same as console version. Usually buying PC version of AAA title you save $10.

Purple44 said:
Hmm, most PC games that you pre-order have a discounted price on Steam. The only discount for GRID Autosport is if you have bought GRID 2 already, will save you $5.

Also, console version of GRID Autosport going for $50, PC version is costing the same as console version. Usually buying PC version of AAA title you save $10.
Well here in Australia it is $10 cheaper on PC than console and steam is another $10 or $20 depending on the retail store before you take the 10% discount off.

PC is also getting high res texture dlc that the console games aren't, so that is another bonus I guess.

I don't mind of cheaters. In every public lobby you will find someone fair to race. People quickly learn in public lobbies who races fair and I had many great races with people I did not know at all (period of GT5 P, Superstars V8 Next Challenge). This weekend I was in a public lobby from F1 2012 and had some nice battles with Italians and Dutch guys. Sure a few impolite ones were there but overal the experience was very nice.

Mostly I am an offline racer so that's why, when I go online I will use public lobbies mostly. That said, I hope the online system of GAS works out nicely with driver rating and penalties and that it will "learn" to put clean racers together.

KazzyMac said:
Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical of playing on PC online due to hackers/cheaters :P

Plenty competitive people on xbox though, but I'd be up for breaking out my wheel and playing a private match or three (unless traction control is really that bad on GAS that I'd have to turn it off to be competitive because ... I don't use pedals. not enough room :/.)
Search on google and you will be dissapointed mate.
Proberly there will be alot less cheating then on pc might happen but it is possible.
I do agree with you though it is concerning which is why the only leaderboard that counts for me is my friends board and I don't give  anything on global ones.
I'm not going to deny that there are competitive people on PC - just by sitting here and reading threads I can tell. However, my past experiences with online-based games are what have strayed me from online gaming on PC; Trackmania, Blur, Grid 2 have all had amazing sessions ruined by some jerk running an infinite boost/grip mod that refuses to get the hint that they have no life.

I suppose I should count myself lucky that the only cheats on the 360 version of Grid 1 is the well-detailed Monaro VXR glitch, and most people that do that can't drive it properly anyway. I wouldn't claim to be fast on Grid 1 anyways; I've raced the best 360 players and I'm 4-5 seconds off them in touring cars. Hoping to fix that on GAS since I'll be there from the start for once :p

But, ontopic: I prefer an enjoyable, close but clean race and that seems to be the general consensus here so ... I wouldn't mind joining in every now and again with you guys doing touring cars or open wheelers. You seem to know better than me who cheats and who's just annoying :p and I can prove by Youtube that I race as professionally as I can (random mistakes and screwups aside). So that's good. :)

If that sounds good ... y'know, just add me on Steam. 360 is what I'll be doing my general mainstay gaming on because my friends and stuff are all on there, but I'm getting it on PC too for my wheel so I'd be well-up for seeing how well I can match up with the PC community. :)

+1

Cheating was indeed rife in Grid 1 then came ver1.3 and we were free of cheats for a few months, even the Ebay cars from career would get you kicked from an online lobby (if you did a career or Custom race in your ebay car then went to race online in the same class).

That was until some dude named Yurasov managed to ruin it far everyone again.....

It's one reason I'd prefer dedicated servers as then at least action can be taken like a short term ban for a 1st "offense" up to and including a total ban.

Cheaters are only cheating themselves imo, far more fun to learn the game and master it. then at least you KNOW if you're any good.
Doesn't matter which online game, the majority of cheaters are Russian, or around that neck of the woods . .

It isn't about the game for them, they do it because of their mentality, the game is just a vehicle to be the kind of people they are.
The only rules they obey are their own rules, which tend to be opposite of the rules for the rest of us.
~O)

mcnab said:
Yeah global challenge/and touring nights on grid 2 was great fun with Gooner/Assie/Rastas/Cap etc etc i hardly know the guys but you know they not cheating,clean racers and lots of fun.

Cant wait for GA just follow these lads and you cant go wrong
^:)^
Thanks for the kind words.
We did had fun with grid2 as long it lasted. (I really hope that Grid - AS will last longer) and looking forward to see you on the track again.  :)

Heads up: Game UK have just dropped the price of the Black Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3 by £5 to £34.99. Existing preorders will only be charged the cheaper price, of course.

gloom said:
i havent bought it yet, but this is definately a buy for me, i just dont like pre ordering games.
that's understandable but you can sometimes get them slightly cheaper by pre-ordering just thought I'd point that out

Heads up: Game UK have just dropped the price of the Black Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3 by £5 to £34.99. Existing preorders will only be charged the cheaper price, of course.
Heads Up . . . I pre-ordered at Game UK some weeks ago for £34.99 [Black Edition] and cancelled a couple of days ago. I  see that the PC version is now £29.99.

Pre-ordered on Steam for £26.99 [£29.99 - £3 for owning Grid 2] . . .but will it be the "Black" edition ? . . thing is, the "Black" edition isn't available on Steam for pre-order ?
~:>

Heads Up . . . I pre-ordered at Game UK some weeks ago for £34.99 [Black Edition] and cancelled a couple of days ago. I  see that the PC version is now £29.99.

Pre-ordered on Steam for £26.99 [£29.99 - £3 for owning Grid 2] . . .but will it be the "Black" edition ? . . thing is, the "Black" edition isn't available on Steam for pre-order ?
~:>
What do we do now Cap'n? :p

It says on the steam store page that if you pre-order you get the black edition but is not labeled as such.

Just a note, but I caught up with our digital sales guys and they informed me that simplycdkeys is not an official vendor and as such we can't guarantee if the keys they provide will work in your countries.

Andi said:
It says on the steam store page that if you pre-order you get the black edition but is not labeled as such.
This is what I thought, and had been told .  . more tea vicar ?
~O)

Loore said:
Just a note, but I caught up with our digital sales guys and they informed me that simplycdkeys is not an official vendor and as such we can't guarantee if the keys they provide will work in your countries.
Good to hear . . . bloody cheapskates wanting something for nothing . . . more tea good buddy ?
~O)

Loore said:
Good to hear . . . bloody cheapskates wanting something for nothing . . . more tea good buddy ?
~O)
Technically it's not wanting something for nothing. It's wanting something for less.

Awong124 said:

Loore said:
~O)
Technically it's not wanting something for nothing. It's wanting something for less.
maybe but if the codes don't work then it's a bad sign. I'd rather pay more and have something that I know works than pay less and take a chance on something that might not. You may want to ask @RevolvingPrawn though as I think he said to me that he's bought games from them in the past. He gave me a link to buy the new Wolfenstein game but I didn't use it in the end as I bought it directly from Steam it cost me more but I thought it was worth it.

I just went to gamestop to give them my $$$ for this new game coming 6/24/14 I CANT WAIT FOR IT

You do realize Loore has this thread on a loop as his entertainment when in his hot tub . . . "Ker'ching" . .
~O)

You do realize Loore has this thread on a loop as his entertainment when in his hot tub . . . "Ker'ching" . .
~O)
wouldn't surprise me :p

Do we in the UK get the game after our cousins in the US, again? Looks like it, with the dates noted as '24-27' June...

Edit: Yes, just checked. US 24th June, UK 27th June. We'll have to watch, again, as the US guys post videos/screenshots/reviews whilst we twiddle our thumbs...

I'll start a new thread on this, don't want to bog this one down.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/719/us-release-before-uk-eu-again

Awong124 said:

Loore said:
~O)
Technically, I should have used inverted commas to denote a phrase; "something for nothing", which means for little or no money, not your literal meaning . . these phrases can be a bit of a bugger, lol . . .bit like turning, "little or no money" into a phrase, meaning; cheapo, mates' rates, for a song, budget, bargain bin, etc.
~O) ~O)

Finally caved in and ordered. Mainly down to everything I've seen and read so far, combined with a price I was happy to pay.