Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

Yeah nicely held out Joe, did ya best, now part of the rest, lets hope we dont all go down together eh.

Euwww!

I just went to gamestop to give them my $$$ for this new game coming 6/24/14 I CANT WAIT FOR IT

Finally caved in and ordered. Mainly down to everything I've seen and read so far, combined with a price I was happy to pay. 
well as the Borg say in Star Trek 'Resisstance is Futile' :p

I'll pre-order it from the psn store. My brother and me share all the games so its the half of the price :D

If anyone would like to join our site the link is in my sig.

There are no subs and we are not a clan . . . The Admins pick up any costs.

You can join us on TS in any games room, or use our TS to game with your mates [no massive sessions as we only seat 15].

There are quite a few Gridders as members and they come and go as they please.

With GAS coming up I expect some members to reappear and we all have a hoot on TS . . .

There is always a cup-o-tea [friendly] available to anyone who pops in . . .
~O)

Heads up: Game UK have just dropped the price of the Black Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3 by £5 to £34.99. Existing preorders will only be charged the cheaper price, of course.
Heads Up . . . I pre-ordered at Game UK some weeks ago for £34.99 [Black Edition] and cancelled a couple of days ago. I  see that the PC version is now £29.99.

Pre-ordered on Steam for £26.99 [£29.99 - £3 for owning Grid 2] . . .but will it be the "Black" edition ? . . thing is, the "Black" edition isn't available on Steam for pre-order ?
~:>
What do we do now Cap'n? :p

Finally got around to pre ordering, not because I was worried about the state of the upcoming game but just pure laziness :) Any Aussies reading this I've ordered the standard 360 version from ozgameshop.com for $57.99 after I got $5 off for ordering on the Queens birthday! Thanks queenie :D

Heads up: Game UK have just dropped the price of the Black Edition for Xbox 360 and PS3 by £5 to £34.99. Existing preorders will only be charged the cheaper price, of course.
Heads Up . . . I pre-ordered at Game UK some weeks ago for £34.99 [Black Edition] and cancelled a couple of days ago. I  see that the PC version is now £29.99.

Pre-ordered on Steam for £26.99 [£29.99 - £3 for owning Grid 2] . . .but will it be the "Black" edition ? . . thing is, the "Black" edition isn't available on Steam for pre-order ?
I thought Loore might have jumped in to clarify this "Black" edition mystery . .

The pre-order at Game UK is the Black edition, the pre-order at Amazon seems to be a standard edition, the pre-order at Steam doesn't say, but also doesn't give the choice, Loore is giving Rastus a free copy because of his generosity in giving Miatakias a load of stuff to build a new gaming computer, but he only assumes it will be the Black edition . . . So what is the deal with Steam ???
~O)

The worst would be to find out that it is a Steam-version, not standard nor black edition.......with forced steam-chat
OMG WAAA!

I thought Loore might have jumped in to clarify this "Black" edition mystery . .

The pre-order at Game UK is the Black edition, the pre-order at Amazon seems to be a standard edition, the pre-order at Steam doesn't say, but also doesn't give the choice, Loore is giving Rastus a free copy because of his generosity in giving Miatakias a load of stuff to build a new gaming computer, but he only assumes it will be the Black edition . . . So what is the deal with Steam ???
~O)

well @Loore is busy this week at E3 so at the moment so we can't really expect him to reply just yet. I've gone with the standard edition because things like they have in the Black edition are only useful if you play online really which I don't. I think there's enough content though in the standard edition anyway to keep me busy for ages as I'm really looking forward to working through the career mode on this game.

~O)

well @Loore is busy this week at E3 so at the moment so we can't really expect him to reply just yet. I've gone with the standard edition because things like they have in the Black edition are only useful if you play online really which I don't. I think there's enough content though in the standard edition anyway to keep me busy for ages as I'm really looking forward to working through the career mode on this game.

Loore has already confirmed the steam version is the black edition somewhere on the forums
:-bd

~O)

Truth be told, I'm not that bothered which version as apart from one free car I use my own skins on the cars so don't need what is in the package . . .
~O)

why cant i copy paste/ctrl c ctrl v ??/

will do it on assie forum

~O)

Truth be told, I'm not that bothered which version as apart from one free car I use my own skins on the cars so don't need what is in the package . . .
~O)
same here I'm mostly interested in the career mode really and the idea of working my way up through each discipline and taking part in the various different championships would be good to have like a mini Indy 500 too with the Indycars and Indianapolis in there. Would be surprised if there isn't a Indy 500 type race in the career mode somewhere anyway. Given both are part of the game at least.

~O)

~O)
same here I'm mostly interested in the career mode really and the idea of working my way up through each discipline and taking part in the various different championships would be good to have like a mini Indy 500 too with the Indycars and Indianapolis in there. Would be surprised if there isn't a Indy 500 type race in the career mode somewhere anyway. Given both are part of the game at least.
I'm a little disappointed that the punters haven't made more comments about the inclusion of Bathurst ? . . this one has been asked for, for years and is now in the game.
If it is anything like the one we have in Pcars it could be as popular as Spa . . .luvverly track . .
~O)

~O)

~O)
I'm a little disappointed that the punters haven't made more comments about the inclusion of Bathurst ? . . this one has been asked for, for years and is now in the game.
If it is anything like the one we have in Pcars it could be as popular as Spa . . .luvverly track . .
~O)
yeah I'm just glad 3 of my favourite tracks from F1 are in there in Hockenheim Abu Dhabi and Sepang love racing on all 3 of them and Sepang's looking great at night as well. Never driven any of these tracks at night with the exception of Abu Dhabi but racing them at night in the Endurance series definitely intrigues me. Have to be honest and say they've picked a good group of tracks even that Autosport raceway they designed  looks good.

I see that "Showdown" has been added to the pre-order, along with the other dlc . . . so does this mean those of us who have already pre-ordered will also get a copy ?

Although someone on our site said Showdown as a pre-order goodie (used very loosely, lol) would be a good reason NOT to buy GAS, lol . .
~O)

I see that "Showdown" has been added to the pre-order, along with the other dlc . . . so does this mean those of us who have already pre-ordered will also get a copy ?

Although someone on our site said Showdown as a pre-order goodie (used very loosely, lol) would be a good reason NOT to buy GAS, lol . .
~O)
If you've already preordered you'll get a copy. I got it earlier today.

Showdown isn't a -bad- game though. It's a great party game if you've got like 4-6 friends online who don't want to play anything serious. Can't take anything that features intentional rubber-band in multiplayer seriously, really, but it's good for a laugh/playing whilst drunk. :)

~O)
yes matey it should be added to youre library it did for me.  :)

Yeah I pre-ordered first day it came to steam and Showdown is in my inventory (it is actually the only recent CM game I haven't bought) and I'm downloading it now.

Showdown was alright for a few sessions preferably drunk but it got old really fast and it suffered from terrible hit detection online which is a game killer when the main tactic of the game is to try and hit other cars.

Showdown was alright for a few sessions preferably drunk but it got old really fast and it suffered from terrible hit detection online which is a game killer when the main tactic of the game is to try and hit other cars.
I've discovered that Showdown has the same hit detection as Grid 2 does; namely, opponent cars online appear a few feet behind where they actually are. ;)

Knowing that, you learn to aim for the front wheels instead of the doors/rear, which is the way to get the big points/shunts in derbies.

Hoping that codemasters make player collisions less punishing online on grid autosport, otherwise side-by-side racing is going to be difficult on most tracks due to the risk of spinning everybody off like on grid 2 :/