Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

Instead of 'rewarding' people with 'Showdown', which should have long since been consigned to the 'we keep on learning' bin years ago, they should have offered a choice of DLC codes for other, (proper) CM titles,  A complete Dirt 3 DLC pack never did materlise come to think of it.

I see that "Showdown" has been added to the pre-order, along with the other dlc . . . so does this mean those of us who have already pre-ordered will also get a copy ?

Although someone on our site said Showdown as a pre-order goodie (used very loosely, lol) would be a good reason NOT to buy GAS, lol . .
~O)
Yeah it will pop up in your library for all who pre-ordered via Steam.

I'd add that something people ask for a lot is more Demo Derby in GRID... Showdown is a whole game of demo derby! 

Just preorder Grid Autosport from Steam.

I really hope Autosport will be a success for Codemaster as you guys really brought the game back to the right direction.

Just preorder Grid Autosport from Steam.

I really hope Autosport will be a success for Codemaster as you guys really brought the game back to the right direction.
Have a feeling it will be I can see myself maybe even doing moer  than one career mode in the game anyway if the game plays as well as it looks that's for sure

I see that "Showdown" has been added to the pre-order, along with the other dlc . . . so does this mean those of us who have already pre-ordered will also get a copy ?

Although someone on our site said Showdown as a pre-order goodie (used very loosely, lol) would be a good reason NOT to buy GAS, lol . .
~O)

I'd add that something people ask for a lot is more Demo Derby in GRID... Showdown is a whole game of demo derby! 
Happy days downloading my free copy now many thanks
:-bd

justbiglee said:

yeah now make it a game worth playing.  :D
In current state it is not even worth to have it installed.
Fix the hitbox for example because that is terrible atm in multipayer
For more derby I will stick to next car game tbh.
But a pit in autosport DD would be nice.  :D

~O)

The game is a lightweight bit of fluff, but you have linked it to RaceNet so the competitive juices have risen amongst friends' scores . . .I'm going to perfect that T-Bone until I get up the board . .  
~O)

~O)

The game is a lightweight bit of fluff, but you have linked it to RaceNet so the competitive juices have risen amongst friends' scores . . .I'm going to perfect that T-Bone until I get up the board . .  
~O)
tbh Autosport is good enough to stand on it's own feet in my opnion I don't need Dirt Showdown to encourage me

~O)

~O)
tbh Autosport is good enough to stand on it's own feet in my opnion I don't need Dirt Showdown to encourage me
I agree, and my cynical side asks why add this freebie at such a late stage ?

Are pre-orders very low ?

Are they expecting Autosport not to come up to expectations so are showing us it could have been a lot worse . . . by giving us Showdown ?

It's pointless comparing DD in Grid with Showdown, they both have a completely different feel. 
~O)

Don't see why they couldn't have done the same thing for consoles tbh. I agree that Dirt Showdown doesn't change anything but CM seem to like doing it with their recent releases.

Andi said:
Don't see why they couldn't have done the same thing for consoles tbh. I agree that Dirt Showdown doesn't change anything but CM seem to like doing it with their recent releases.
Part of the; "Hell, we have to re-build our reputation", program . . .

I agree that console users should be included, but then I stop and think about all the raw deals us PC gamers have had to suffer in favour of the console users . . . but I can't be that mean spirited, lol . .  
~O)

~O)

~O)
I agree, and my cynical side asks why add this freebie at such a late stage ?

Are pre-orders very low ?

Are they expecting Autosport not to come up to expectations so are showing us it could have been a lot worse . . . by giving us Showdown ?

It's pointless comparing DD in Grid with Showdown, they both have a completely different feel. 
~O)
having not played Showdown myself I can't really comment on it. I do own Dirt1,2 and 3 though although I don't watch or play many rally games I prefer track based racing but I do enjoy those games. It's possible that people may be still be feeling a little bitter over what happened last year with Grid 2 and F1 2013. I believe CM are trying to make amends with this as it certainly looks a much better effort. I just hope F1 2014 marks a return to form for that series too. I''ll make do with my copy of Autosport for now though

@CaptainJack

Oh for sure, the amount of crappy console ports (grand theft auto jumps out) us PC gamers have had to deal with over the years been ridiculous.

Another thing I forgot was that with steam if you have the bonus game it becomes a free copy in your inventory which you could gift to someone so I guess that is another thing that would be more difficult with consoles, at least as far as I know.

Still waiting till 24th.
I thought you already made the pre-order flowa?
Maddawg has the game aswell so will be intresting to hear from him what he thinks of the game on the 24th.   :)

~O)

We ask for a true last man standing demo derby. How could Codemasters release a demo derby game without the option to do a real derby where only one player survives the derby??

And Showdown totally miss the magic of derby racing in GRID 1. You need 12 players, an 8 lap race and players able to go backwards on the track so the wreckers could take out the leaders!

24 car derbys offline, 12 player last man standing derbys online with Next Car Game: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkkawc606Q

Still waiting till 24th.
I thought you already made the pre-order flowa?
Maddawg has the game aswell so will be intresting to hear from him what he thinks of the game on the 24th.   :)

Actually after reading Rastus'es review i decided to buy the game. But why not wait few days after US release and see how does MP look, just in case?

PS. Can you PM me my accounts details of your website. Lost it again. Thx in advance Richard.

Is the official UK release date the 27th June 2014 ?
~O)
as far as I know that hasn't changed so I would assume that's a yes. Don't think I could wait any longer anyway :p

flowaangelz said:

Actually after reading Rastus'es review i decided to buy the game. But why not wait few days after US release and see how does MP look, just in case?

PS. Can you PM me my accounts details of your website. Lost it again. Thx in advance Richard.

Nothng wrong on waiting a bit longer just thought I read somewhere you bought it.  :)

Yes I can send you youre username but cant send youre password becasue I cant read that luckely.  :)
With youre username you can ask for a new password thru the lost password link or I change password and send new password which you then have to change.  :)