Sign in to follow this  

The 'I purchased Autosport' Thread

First see who we are up against in 1/8 finales.
No matter if it is brasil or mexico it will be a touch match against both.  :)

Preordered a week ago & am quite literally in countdown mode now, can't wait for it to arrive.

chen255 said:
Preordered a week ago & am quite literally in countdown mode now, can't wait for it to arrive.
same here just playing Mass Effect 1 and watching the WC while I wait having fun being a renegade

Shame that ME 1 & 2 are on Steam but 3 came out after EA fell out with Steam, is the main reason I don't have 3.

Not really been following this thread, but has anyone brought up the old chestnut of why all digital download versions are not released at the same time?.  You'd think this would have been one big plus of the system.

RobertKNL said:
That reminds me, @Loore‌ , Will GAS have any trading cards on Steam, like F1 2013 had?
Yes :)

RobertKNL said:
chen255 said:
same here just playing Mass Effect 1 and watching the WC while I wait having fun being a renegade
ME 1 is the best of the trilogy imo. 

ME2 is my favourite but I like all 3 though have all the DLC too so makes it even more fun,

RobertKNL said:
Andi said:
Shame that ME 1 & 2 are on Steam but 3 came out after EA fell out with Steam, is the main reason I don't have 3.
Origin isn't really a bad service in my opinion. It isn't as fun and good as Steam, but it does the trick. And you can still import your ME 1 &2 character, even though you played those games on steam
I agree Origin's not a bad system but it's a tad slow when it comes to downloading DLC onto your game though whereas Steam does this instantly. That's probably my main criticism. It can take a few hours for Origin to ready ME3 for action if you have DLC that you want to use.

Not really been following this thread, but has anyone brought up the old chestnut of why all digital download versions are not released at the same time?.  You'd think this would have been one big plus of the system.

I think that's because they want to treat al customers fairly

RobertKNL said:
Andi said:
Origin isn't really a bad service in my opinion. It isn't as fun and good as Steam, but it does the trick. And you can still import your ME 1 &2 character, even though you played those games on steam
Didn't realise you could, might have to pick it up sometime then. I know origin isn't that bad, I have fifa 13/14 on PC and some games from humble bundles.

Andi said:
RobertKNL said:
Andi said:
Didn't realise you could, might have to pick it up sometime then. I know origin isn't that bad, I have fifa 13/14 on PC and some games from humble bundles.
|Yeah you can ME3 is programmed to automatically detect and import any ME2 saves  it finds assuming it's a completed game save all you have to do is select which save you wish to play with

GAS is almost here which means the team's work is almost done.

Time for a friendly reminder to our good buddy, Loore.
Many of us have bought into GAS not just on what is in the game, but also what is not, accepting Loore's explanation that things like; streaming text chat, spectate mode etc. etc. takes time to include and time for Q and A., all things which would push the game past the release date CM desire.

Our acceptance was provisional, either through a patch (paid for or free), for GAS, or in the next game, we expect the other essential requests given in our feedback to be implemented. Failure to do so could very easily set CM back to the starting line.
It would be a mistake to assume that a successful GAS is down to the game as it stands, a successful GAS will include a whole load of players who bought into the promises . . . and those promises were made by Loore, so we aren't dealing with a faceless corporation.

As Purple keeps pointing out, just about every racer except CM's has all we want as standard, which puts CM in a precarious position relying heavily on our love of the feel of a Grid game . . . but CM have already squandered much of their good reputation so not completing the feedback requests risks doing the same for what is left.

It's all so very simple; We need a successful Gas,. . .streaming text chat, spectate mode, on a patch soon after . . . now, how about a cuppa . .
~O)

Just a by the by.

In 2006 came TDU1, followed by TDU2 . .so for 8 years there has always been a TDU game on my computer, the only driving game never to be uninstalled.
There has been a lot of activity on the web over a TDU3, and a lot of speculation.
I have just found out that Ivory Tower was set up by the main players who left Eden, and Ivory Tower is the company making The Crew, seen as a natural follow on from TDU2 . . .so will definitely be on my shopping list.

Why I mention this is because someone has already congratulated CM on the timing of releasing GAS . . . which has until the Autumn to patch the game and keep the punters . .and if pcars ever does get finished ????

There are a lot of people who due to finances can only buy a limited amount of games, particularly young, married, couples where wifey is not going to smile when hubby goes spending £30 on a computer game, and so have to be choosey.

I see The Crew, off the back of the success of TDU, as being a game people will wait for over an unfinished Grid game if finances or permission is an issue . . . patches could make all the difference . . .
~O)

Just a by the by.

In 2006 came TDU1, followed by TDU2 . .so for 8 years there has always been a TDU game on my computer, the only driving game never to be uninstalled.
There has been a lot of activity on the web over a TDU3, and a lot of speculation.
I have just found out that Ivory Tower was set up by the main players who left Eden, and Ivory Tower is the company making The Crew, seen as a natural follow on from TDU2 . . .so will definitely be on my shopping list.

Why I mention this is because someone has already congratulated CM on the timing of releasing GAS . . . which has until the Autumn to patch the game and keep the punters . .and if pcars ever does get finished ????

There are a lot of people who due to finances can only buy a limited amount of games, particularly young, married, couples where wifey is not going to smile when hubby goes spending £30 on a computer game, and so have to be choosey.

I see The Crew, off the back of the success of TDU, as being a game people will wait for over an unfinished Grid game if finances or permission is an issue . . . patches could make all the difference . . .
~O)
one of the advantages of being single I guess. I choose where my money goes I pay my share of the bills in the house and the rest of my money I do what I please with. Which is for games and DVD's I like watching

I knew way, way back that Ubisoft had a TDU type game in the pipeline (but they were very cagey about details), with all the squabbling between Atari and Eden it was a logical move for the brains of Eden to move on. Looking back on it now the scraps of info make sense.

The development origins of The Crew are on PC,  but as soon as next-gen console devkits became available through Ubisoft, the team at Ivory Tower felt PS4 and Xbox One were a natural fit for the game, but we will get it on PC.

Just looking at the videos shows typical TDU type gfx, but The Crew is a much, much bigger ball game when it comes to production and distribution, with quite a few big players signed up to be involved in the process . .
~O)

I knew way, way back that Ubisoft had a TDU type game in the pipeline (but they were very cagey about details), with all the squabbling between Atari and Eden it was a logical move for the brains of Eden to move on. Looking back on it now the scraps of info make sense.

The development origins of The Crew are on PC,  but as soon as next-gen console devkits became available through Ubisoft, the team at Ivory Tower felt PS4 and Xbox One were a natural fit for the game, but we will get it on PC.

Just looking at the videos shows typical TDU type gfx, but The Crew is a much, much bigger ball game when it comes to production and distribution, with quite a few big players signed up to be involved in the process . .
~O)
tch I've never played TDU so don't know much about it, I've heard of it just not played it.

The USA, coast-to-coast with only about 2,500 miles taken out of the middle, and mandatory cop chases - not my cuppa chai at all.  But that's just me.  A historic Dakar Rally game done seriously might get my attention though.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
The USA, coast-to-coast with only about 2,500 miles taken out of the middle, and mandatory cop chases - not my cuppa chai at all.  But that's just me.  A historic Dakar Rally game done seriously might get my attention though.

Frank
I think the idea behind the cop chases is more to do with expanding just doing cruising, which is something we do a lot of in TDU.
Unfortunately, it could come across too close to a NFS game.
Although it does look as though we can do a hell of a lot of customization to our vehicles for different terrain and challenges.

With all the work required just doing 2 islands in TDU2 there is no way they can do the whole of the States . . just as long as it has sufficient to be like TDU and not NFS will do.

David Nadal's name has appeared connected with the possibility of Eden (he is a co-founder of the company), making TDU3, so maybe ???? . . . 

~O)

RubyRuby said:

Frank
yeah it's tough enough trying to outwit your fellow racers let alone dodging cops as well I do have a couple of NFS games other than shift but I generally prefer track based racing sgainst other cvompitors not continuously dodging police all the time

I don't have a problem with an open world that takes 90 minutes to drive across, but calling it the USA is the silly part.  Atari didn't exactly exhaust the possibilities.  How long does it take to drive across Ireland, for example?  It takes very little research to find other candidates.

Anyway, GRID Autosport FTW.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
I don't have a problem with an open world that takes 90 minutes to drive across, but calling it the USA is the silly part.  Atari didn't exactly exhaust the possibilities.  How long does it take to drive across Ireland, for example?  It takes very little research to find other candidates.

Frank

It's Oahu and Ibiza in TDU2 . . .  
3:-O

RubyRuby said:

Frank

Indeed Grid Autosport FTW

To support my british friends for this evening.
Go england go.  :D
Sorry that England already disqualified from next round in world cup b-( , Greece will do too , at least we have the dutches here  that they will continue and  
Mattey  B-) !  Costa ricano vamoos ole ole vamooos  <:-P

RubyRuby said:

Frank

I don't think there anything in The Crew that mandatory. You can do the story line which will have some cop chases or skip story line all together. Or just pick and chose wihich missions and challenges you want to do to level up to unlock new cars and earn better parts for your cars. Or pay real money to unlock all the cars, but you can not buy better car parts for $$, have to earn new car parts in game.

You can go solo or join up to 7 other players online. Can make your own custom checkpoint race. :)

Only thing holding me back from buying The Crew is there is still no text chat!!!! ~X( I got until Nov 11 to convince Ivory Tower that text chat at least needed with the other 7 players you are cruising with online. I can live without a global text chat.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/813917-GRRR-The-Crew-is-not-a-buy-on-release-day-game-for-me-now!!-%28

Here a youtube page with many videos of the Route 909 tournament Uplay sponsor:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJO09rIH740qoRh14cHwbEO8ZFlq0q44N

Purp, that sounds a little better than what I've read from The Crew's own marketing, but so far it doesn't stir any more of my interest than NFS The Run did.  I think I'm going to be plenty busy enough with other games for the rest of 2014 anyhow.  Like GRID Autosport, ROF, pCARS and maybe Assetto Corsa.  At the pace I move those items will keep me occupied well in to next year.

@ Cap:  I know, I was thinking of other sandboxes that could be used by a dev team who wanted to make another open world game and get similar sized territory without arbitrarily removing big chunks of real estate.  The Netherlands would be cool, but I was thinking of other large islands that have plenty of roads.  Heck, how about the UK - England, Wales, Cornwall and Scotland?  Or New Zealand?

Frank