Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

MyTeam can't advance after 1st season

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here. 

No error codes. PC Windows 10 x64. After finishing the first season of MyTeam I am stuck in "December 3rd" and cannot use the Advance Time. The clock just circles but nothing else happens. This happened after I didn't pick up any driver and the reserve driver took over, when I press Stop Advancing the game just keeps telling me it's the last day of the contract window and that I have to contract a new driver even though the reserve driver is already there and there's no way of contracting another driver. Not on the contracts tab, not on the driver market tab, not in the Compare reserve vs any driver, etc. I'm sharing this same bug along with a couple of friends(they should post their same bug report soon) and the common denominator is that we just wanted to race with the reserve driver and we now got stuck with this ridiculous bug. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Cannot replicate because I can't go back to try it..... But I guess having 2 other friends(and people on the f1game subreddit) experience the same bug when not contracting a driver after the end of the first season is the trigger. 

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings? 

I have attempted everything I could. Our guess is the game is stuck wanting us to contract a driver but it's not acknowledging the fact that the reserve driver is already contracted and so the Approach button is not present on any other drivers. My pc has the latests drivers and my connectivity is fine. Your twitter CM made me post this on the connectivity forum. 

6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

Video attached. 

7.       [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.  

Attached. 

DxDiag.txt

Edited by JuanMRL
Just now, BarryBL said:

Just to clarify, apologies, that you have no 2nd driver selected at all? Contracts have expired as there is no-one in that seat?

I never selected a second driver AFTER the season ended, and thus the reserve driver came in. He's there. But the game is still telling me to select a second driver but I can only use Compare button. And then there's no Approach or Contract button for any driver on the market. And the reserve driver name appears on the bottom of the driver market list, but separated slightly from it. Was running Hubert as my second driver for the last race of the season before this happened. 

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Can you send me a video over of you being unable to approach a second driver please. Just showing the greyed out areas, as this seems to be where the issue lies. 👍

So any idea where the problem would be? Thanks 

Just now, BarryBL said:

At the moment, just investigating the issue. We may end up needing your savegame.

No problem. Might have to wait till 4 or 5 more hours from now shall you need it cause I just went to work for a bit now. Thank you. I await for directions. 

It's not just JuanMRL btw. I have the exact same issue. I also saw a lot of other people in other threads and on reddit reporting this. This seems to be a major issue. I think more and more people are going to report this as more people reach the end of season 1.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, E.Nemo said:

It's not just JuanMRL btw. I have the exact same issue. I also saw a lot of other people in other threads and on reddit reporting this. This seems to be a major issue. I think more and more people are going to report this as more people reach the end of season 1.

Please report it on here and it furthers our investigation.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JPorks said:

I also have the issue

Complete the bug report please @JPorks and @E.Nemo like Juan has. Need evidence and proof. 

19 hours ago, JuanMRL said:

Shall I upload it here and where do I get it from?

Please add your savegame onto this thread. Will be in your local files and documents. 

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Complete the bug report please @JPorks and @E.Nemo like Juan has. Need evidence and proof. 

Please add your savegame onto this thread. Will be in your local files and documents. 

Should I post a compressed file of my save game FOLDER found in the game's ID on steam's UserData folder and also the F1 2020 folder in My Documents?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JuanMRL said:

Should I post a compressed file of my save game FOLDER found in the game's ID on steam's UserData folder and also the F1 2020 folder in My Documents?

Compressed file mate.

10 minutes ago, JPorks said:

how do i do this?

Just copy what @JuanMRL did in his original post, giving all of your information and video

1.  A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

I have no error code. On the My Team career i have reached december 3rd and not signed a new contract to my second driver, i have used the reserve driver. When i try to advance nothing happens and when i stop advancing i get notified how it is the last day of the contract negotiation however all drivers have moved to new teams already. 

2. Platform 

Xbox One

3. Version 

4. Game Mode

My Team

5. Replication 

i cannot replicate as i cannot go back in the career to do it again 

6. Troubleshooting attempted 

I have restarted my console and game and reloaded the save multiple times as well as tried to leave the game advancing for around 45 minutes

7.  What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Only an Xbox One controller 

8.  Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

No issues guys, just happy that you can help us out, appreciate honesty and people wanting to report and help 👍

Any progress, obviously i want to be playing! Anything else I can do?