Jump to content Jump to content

MyTeam can't advance after 1st season

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here.

No error codes.

Platform: PS4

I am at the end of season 1 of a 10 race season in My Team Mode. The date is December 1st and when I try to advance, the clock symbol rotates around endlessly, but nothing else happens. I got the notification earlier that my 2nd driver contract is about to expire and that I need to renegotiate it. When I go into the corporate tab and then into contracts, it still lists my 2nd driver as my teammate, but it says the contract has zero days remaining and is expired. There is a button there that says "negotiate contract", but when I press it, I am sent over to the driver market tab and I don't have any options to start negotiations with any driver there. I only have the following options: watch, help, sort, compare, return to overview. This means that I cannot advance the game, since I need to negotiate a 2nd driver contract to advance, but I do not have the option to do so.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

It says 1.03 on the start screen, but 1.04 in the PS4 menu. I don't know which is correct.

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

I can't really replicate this issue, since that would require me to do another 10 race season. In my current save game, I can not go back to try again.

5. What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

I have tried restarting the game multiple times, but it did not have any effect. I have also tried changing the system language of my PS4 to English to see if the issue has anything to with translation problems. It does not. Changing the language does not affect the issue.

6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

I don't know how to upload data from my PS4 to this forum. I will do my best to figure that out as soon as possible.

7.  What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

PS4 controller

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

No issues guys, just happy that you can help us out, appreciate honesty and people wanting to report and help 👍

Uploaded folder 1080110 from Steam's userdata folder and folder F1 2020 found in My Documents->My Games 

I hope that's what you need. 

F1_bug.rar

• Like 1

1. Several issues with My Team Career

A. The game won’t let me advance past Nov. 9th. As it is advancing it gets to that date then freezes, then screen goes black and kicks to Xbox home. Started happening today 7/15/2020. It takes approximately 1 minute 18 seconds from freeze to kick out to Xbox home screen. 

B. My team- won’t allow me to use R&D tree- this just started happening today 7/15/2020- game freezes up after selecting anything to upgrade. 

C.  My team- under corporate tab, when trying to tab beyond finances to finance history or customization, game crashes, goes black screen and kicks out to Xbox home screen- this has happened from day one when I purchased game. 7/12/2020. I’ve erased all F1 2020 files from Xbox and started completely over, also uninstalled and re-installed game 2 different times, also uninstalled 70’s DLC (even tried re-installing) and  still get same result.

I really would rather not have to delete all data and start a 3rd time. Please tell us there is a fix coming. 

2. Platform 

Xbox One

3. Version 

4. Game Mode

My Team

5. Replication - every single time I try to advance I get the same results. 

6. Troubleshooting attempted 

I have restarted my console and game, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled 70’s DLC, etc. 

Only an Xbox One controller 

8.  Any screenshots or video of the issue?The video of the game not advancing past Nov 9th is too large. It takes about 1 minute 18 seconds after freezing up to kick to home screen.  See attached video for evidence of part C stated above. 

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here.

No error codes.

I am at the end of season 2 of a 16 race season in My Team Mode. The date is December 1st and when I try to advance, the clock symbol rotates around endlessly, but nothing else happens. I got the notification earlier that my 2nd driver contract is about to expire and that I need to renegotiate it. When I go into the corporate tab and then into contracts, it still lists my 2nd driver as my teammate, but it says the contract has zero days remaining and is expired. There is a button there that says "negotiate contract", but when I press it, I am sent over to the driver market tab and I don't have any options to start negotiations with any driver there. I only have the following options: watch, help, sort, compare, return to overview. This means that I cannot advance the game, since I need to negotiate a 2nd driver contract to advance, but I do not have the option to do so.

2.       What version of the game you are using

Steam, latest update as of posting.

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

I haven't counted how many but just press advance and nothing happens.

5. What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

I have tried restarting the game multiple times, but it did not have any effect. I've tried shutting down my PC and reloading and the same thing happens.

6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

Xbox controller controller

savegame@profile#NXDSMWW.rar

Edited by WhisperyFork72

No error codes.

Platform: PS4

end of season 1 of a 16 race season in My Team Mode.  December 1st and when I try to advance, the clock symbol rotates around endlessly, but nothing else happens. I received the notification that my 2nd driver contract is about to expire and that I need to renegotiate it but when i went to the driver market there was no option to renegociate or hire another driver. there are only the following : watch, help, sort, compare, return to overview. I cannot advance the game therefore this is a game breaking bug that must be adressed imeddiately

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

It says 1.03 on the start screen, but 1.04 in the PS4 menu. 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

I can't really replicate this issue

I have tried restarting the game multiple times but its always the same thing

G 29 wheel

18 hours ago, JuanMRL said:

Hope the testing team has nailed the problem already 😞 

I think it's safe to say at this point that this is going to take a while. Seems like we will just have to wait for the next patch and hope the fix is part of it.

Ok, guys, I finally found the option to approach a driver and I managed to sign a contract. Turns out it was my mistake all along and I feel a little stupid for not realizing this earlier, but I also feel like the game makes it harder than it needs to be.

So, here is what I did:

1. Go to the driver market tab

2. Scroll to the driver you want to sign

3. Click on compare

4. While you are on the driver comparison screen, there is another option to approach the driver (at least there was for me)

Please check if this works for you as well. I hope it does. Because I may just be a lucky fool while everyone else actually has this bug.

HOWEVER: I strongly suggest you wait for the next patch, before ending the season, because going into season 2 lead to a whole new set of issues for me. No driver transfers (even though they are enabled), R&D reset not applying, Räikkönen's announed retirement not actually happening. Basically, I am now at the start of season 2, but everything is still exactly the same as it was at the end of season 1. Hopefully the patch fixes some of these issues and you don't end up with a potentially wasted season like me.

Apart from that, I apologize for wasting peoples time.

4 minutes ago, E.Nemo said:

Ok, guys, I finally found the option to approach a driver and I managed to sign a contract. Turns out it was my mistake all along and I feel a little stupid for not realizing this earlier, but I also feel like the game makes it harder than it needs to be.

So, here is what I did:

1. Go to the driver market tab

2. Scroll to the driver you want to sign

3. Click on compare

4. While you are on the driver comparison screen, there is another option to approach the driver (at least there was for me)

Please check if this works for you as well. I hope it does. Because I may just be a lucky fool while everyone else actually has this bug.

HOWEVER: I strongly suggest you wait for the next patch, before ending the season, because going into season 2 lead to a whole new set of issues for me. No driver transfers (even though they are enabled), R&D reset not applying, Räikkönen's announed retirement not actually happening. Basically, I am now at the start of season 2, but everything is still exactly the same as it was at the end of season 1. Hopefully the patch fixes some of these issues and you don't end up with a potentially wasted season like me.

Apart from that, I apologize for wasting peoples time.

This does not work for me. There is no Approach button in the compare screen and the original bug/problem comes after you ignore the driver market contract window and end up with the reserve driver being contracted but the game still wanting you to contract another driver which is now NOT possible because the reserve driver has already been contracted thus removing the Approach button and this is where you end up in the loop . 

Edited by JuanMRL
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No error codes.

Platform: Xbox One S

I am at the end of season 7 in a 10 race season in My Team Mode. The date is December 1st and when I try to advance, the clock symbol rotates around endlessly, but nothing else happens.My second driver was going to retire so I went to the driver market to sign a new driver and I only have the following options: watch, help, sort, compare, return to overview.

2. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

It says 1.12

3. Game-mode? 

My Team

4. What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

I couldn't replicate what happened

I have tried restarting the game multiple times, but it did not have any effect. I have also deleted the game and downloaded it back and nothing has changed.

6. Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

7. What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Xbox controller

Edited by Shaqmamba125667