Jump to content Jump to content

Black Screen after Simulating races

I want to go ahead and confirm that I have the exact same issue as you @ChrisHXCV in that since the first race on season 1 at 25% race and both 18 minute quali and one shot I have had a black screen and have had to end the task and when I relaunch and go back in it appears to have simulated the race despite some penalties occasionally. Practice simulations work like a charm no issues there. It is only ever with races.

Its worth noting I am on Season 3 Abu Dhabi and have had the issue for over 42 hours of game time now too.

Hello together,

after i want to simulate the race i got a blackscreen for a while (i got this everytime if i want to simulate a race, so i know that its simulated after i restarted the game), but this time if i want to re-enter the careermode at the frontpage, he loads me into the Racewindow (the window where i can change Session options or Race assistance) and after that i get a blackscreen with the loading theme in the left corner and then it crashes with the dumpster. 

1.      after i want to simulate the race i got a blackscreen for a while (i got this everytime if i want to simulate a race, so i know that its simulated after i restarted the game), but this time if i want to re-enter the MyTeam mode at the frontpage, he loads me into the Racewindow (the window where i can change Session options or Race assistance) and after that i get a blackscreen with the loading theme in the left corner and then it crashes with the dumpster. 

2.       PC
3.       1.03
4.       MyTeam
5.       I can Replicate it everytime, tried atleast 10 times i gues
6.       File Repairing from Steam, Restarted the game, switches Direct X. 
7.       Logitch G29 
8.      Uploaded a Video of the crash and the Error Log from your Error tool

I guess the Savegame is broken, but i dont want to throw 40 h of racing into the Garbage, so i would appreciate a fix. If there is a other savegame or some history files i can use with a earlier step of mycareer, that would be enough for me 🙂 

If you need more informations or files, feel free to ask for it. I just want to play myCareer again.

F12020_Error_Log.txt

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Black Screen on Simulate event.

Every single race simulated crashes, doesn't matter which location. 50% races, 22 race season. PC.

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 PC

Game-mode? 

My Team

What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Every single round, was fine yesterday, broke today when simming Brazil and Abu Dhabi. I started a new career, raced Aus and Bahrain, simmed Vietnam - blackscreen. So I simmed China and Zandvoort, also black screened.

When you reload the game, the after action breakdown with the Sponsor Atlantic always says about 10-18 laps complete / 75 required to satisfy the sponsor.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Tried reinstall, tried graphics options, tried updating drivers. All failed. Drivers were not changed or updated prior to the bug occuring.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech DFGT

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No video

Honestly this is so frustrating. I lost my season at Abu Dhabi after hours of 50% races. 

EDIT 2 - IN ORDER TO PROGRESS VIA SIMULATE RACE - When you go to Race Weekend change the race length to 5 laps. Do practice, quali, whatever you want. Simulate the Race - it'll work. Make race longer for races you want to drive. Appears to be linked to length of race. Codies, plz.

1. I wanted to simulate the abu dhabi race (last race of the season), the game loaded and then black screened. So I restarted the game and tried to enter MyTeam mode, but it loads only until before you would normally get the results of the simulation and then crashes. So now I can not access my MyTeam save and continue playing the save.

2. Appeared in Version 1.02 and 1.03

3. MyTeam Mode

4.Happens everytime I try it again

5.Happens always

6.found nothing

7. Xbox One Controller standard

8.Game basically just closes

• Administrator

Hi guys,

I've just tried to test this on 25% and 100% races, and have been unable to replicate in both MyTeam and Career. For PC players, can you add DXDiag's if possible too.

Would like to track this one down so savegames and exact methods of replication will be useful. 👍

So glad this is getting traction.  Awesome testing and replications @Thormit!  Thanks for being so diligent.

I did notice that the 5 lap race simulation worked fine, but didn't notice 25% was viable.  I had initially been trying at 50% race length.  This is great to know.

Edit:  I'll figure out how to provide the DxDiag and post back with that info when I can for my 22 failed simulated season.

Hi @thehelplesshero, haha no problem probably my RL job creeping in to my logging :classic_ninja:

To get a DxDiag just go to Start > Run and type 'DxDiag', once the tool is on screen just hit 'Save All Information', it will output a txt file that you can then just attach to this forum.

@BarryBL I'll get a video put together with the replication steps showing any customisation options I am using along with any race options.  Will just take me a few to put together and upload, I'll see about getting you a copy of the save game as well that I use for that Video.

I've been able to replicate this again with just a new team and the settings I used previously.  I have uploaded a video of my settings and the replication steps below.  For this test I created a new driver that is all default as well as a new car that is also default, the first part of the video is just me confirming that I have done that.  It then goes through the full team creation, interview, all the way to the first race, second video then shows what happens once you reload the game after having to crash it out.  I am going to have to add my game saves over two posts due to the file size limitation, my apologies for multi-posting, the name of the broken one in game is just Test Team 😳

Part 1 of the game save is on this post.

Replication steps:

After reloading the game:

Thormit_Save_Games.part1.rar

On 7/14/2020 at 11:11 PM, SvenSch said:

Hello together,

after i want to simulate the race i got a blackscreen for a while (i got this everytime if i want to simulate a race, so i know that its simulated after i restarted the game), but this time if i want to re-enter the careermode at the frontpage, he loads me into the Racewindow (the window where i can change Session options or Race assistance) and after that i get a blackscreen with the loading theme in the left corner and then it crashes with the dumpster. 

1.      after i want to simulate the race i got a blackscreen for a while (i got this everytime if i want to simulate a race, so i know that its simulated after i restarted the game), but this time if i want to re-enter the MyTeam mode at the frontpage, he loads me into the Racewindow (the window where i can change Session options or Race assistance) and after that i get a blackscreen with the loading theme in the left corner and then it crashes with the dumpster. 

2.       PC
3.       1.03
4.       MyTeam
5.       I can Replicate it everytime, tried atleast 10 times i gues
6.       File Repairing from Steam, Restarted the game, switches Direct X. 
7.       Logitch G29 
8.      Uploaded a Video of the crash and the Error Log from your Error tool

I guess the Savegame is broken, but i dont want to throw 40 h of racing into the Garbage, so i would appreciate a fix. If there is a other savegame or some history files i can use with a earlier step of mycareer, that would be enough for me 🙂 

If you need more informations or files, feel free to ask for it. I just want to play myCareer again.

F12020_Error_Log.txt

This is exactly what I get and it is so frustrating as I cannot even continue with My Team anymore.

I honestly do not want to sit through the whole season again...

It would appear, based on this thread and another on here, that this issue is happening across all platforms. I’ve seen one update for Xbox and two for PS4 since this topic began. Did 1.04 or 1.05 fix the issue on those platforms? Where’s the Steam update?

I ran into the same Problem.

I play on PS4 using a PS4 Controller with 100% Races.

After I ran into the black Screen numerous times on my first MyTeam Career. I made a new MyTeam Career for testing using the same settings as the first one.

I never drove a lap once in the new career and just siimulated through the sessions not answering interviews, doing Car upgrades or scheduling programs. I used a preset liverie instead of making my own And this time, all the races were simulated normally. After 5 attempts. I got back to my first Career and simulated a race again. But the black screen happaned once more. Unfortunately, thinking everything was fine, I deleted that Career.

Thinking that maybe the 1. Savegame was corrupted, I went for a thrid career. Set the same team name. previously created template and the same teammate. I drove the Australia race completely and then simulated Bahrain. And the black screen happened again.

Right now, I'm back in my first Career simulating and waiting for something to happen. For as long as it takes...

3 hours ago, CS21 said:

I ran into the same Problem.

I play on PS4 using a PS4 Controller with 100% Races.

After I ran into the black Screen numerous times on my first MyTeam Career. I made a new MyTeam Career for testing using the same settings as the first one.

I never drove a lap once in the new career and just siimulated through the sessions not answering interviews, doing Car upgrades or scheduling programs. I used a preset liverie instead of making my own And this time, all the races were simulated normally. After 5 attempts. I got back to my first Career and simulated a race again. But the black screen happaned once more. Unfortunately, thinking everything was fine, I deleted that Career.

Thinking that maybe the 1. Savegame was corrupted, I went for a thrid career. Set the same team name. previously created template and the same teammate. I drove the Australia race completely and then simulated Bahrain. And the black screen happened again.

Right now, I'm back in my first Career simulating and waiting for something to happen. For as long as it takes...

I was finally able to sim last night and tracked it down to whether or not I had the formation lap turned on. I can sim any race with it turned off, but with it on I can only sim 5 laps or less. 

12 minutes ago, rausmac said:

I was finally able to sim last night and tracked it down to whether or not I had the formation lap turned on. I can sim any race with it turned off, but with it on I can only sim 5 laps or less. 

Can confirm just tried this as well.  Turned off the formation lap on my test save and was able to sim Bahrain when it was set to 100%.  Nice find @rausmac

4 hours ago, Thormit said:

Can confirm just tried this as well.  Turned off the formation lap on my test save and was able to sim Bahrain when it was set to 100%.  Nice find @rausmac

It worked two times for me as well. In my first and my second Savegame.

Not the optimal solution since I have to remind myself to turn formation lap and off. But for the moment it works.

With 1.05 out for PC I figured I would give this a test to see if it was resolved.  Created a new team as before and attempted to simulate Australia when using 100% Session length and formation lap on, when selecting Simulate on the race the game loads of black screen as it did in 1.03.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi guys,

I've just tried to test this on 25% and 100% races, and have been unable to replicate in both MyTeam and Career. For PC players, can you add DXDiag's if possible too.

Would like to track this one down so savegames and exact methods of replication will be useful. 👍

Here's a backup of my savefile before the race that causes the issue and my DXDiag's logs. I've disabled every graphic setting and tried disconnecting from the network, but I still had a black screen.

Disabling formation lap as suggested here fixed the issue for me. To replicate simulate the race this save is at (Monaco full) with Formation Lap turned on.

DxDiag.txt

f1_2020_black_screen.zip

Thank you very much, I haven't tried it yet as I was looking for a solution to this problem but in advance I thank you very much for the information.

Lets hope they fix this with the next patch.

For now I think I will have to start a new season because my simulation of the Spain Grand Prix is left without assigning point to anyone.

Thanks again.

Archived