F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Couple of League Mode Suggestions + Minor Bugs

Posted (edited)

Coming fresh off of giving Leagues another go last night we picked up on a couple of things that went wrong and some ideas to bring us back what we miss from Championships mode (may you rest in peace) from 2018.

So first of, some things that the drivers found from round 1 of our lovely League's feedback:

• While using the Save Progression feature with On Demand leagues, drivers reported that parc ferme settings (all car setup options were changeable) did not carry over from qualifying to the race session.
  • Some drivers noted that their tyre wear from qualifying also did not carry over (drivers had fresh tyres instead of using the tyre set that they used to set their fastest lap time during the short qualifying session).

After observing the race highlights, some drivers have noted that they had incorrect driver numbers displayed (This could be due to the replay system though).

Everything else worked beautifully, except for one hiccup where a giant "Communicating with online services" message came up on screen during the race and hindered the drivers.

Besides that, there were 2 suggestions yesterday that were brought up which we'd like. Some backstory on this:
We run a league where we work similar to how real life F1 does; with a Free Practice session on Friday, qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday. This was completely doable under Championships mode on F1 2018, but with the introduction of Leagues mode in F1 2019, we have had to resort to using unranked lobbies, forgoing the parc ferme rules and Q2 tyres rule.
Now this isn't to protest to bring back Championships mode. We realise you guys at Codemasters are doing all you can and that there are still features in Leagues that allow us to compromise and get at what we're trying to do, but there are still little tid bits that we need.

• Allow us to edit the grid order in between Qualifying and the Race session similar to how we can edit the race results after a round conclusion.
  • Allow the ability to disable AI reserves in on-demand leagues. We recognise  that AI reserves allow drivers to jump right back in if a disconnection issue occurs, but we also know that sometimes drivers can't make it to the race and that the grid shouldn't be bloated by a couple of AI.
  • Allow us to add additions to the track list after making the League! It's fantastic that you can switch out and change races, but at the moment you can't make anymore additions to the calendar. If you set your League to have 8 races for example, you can't add on 1 more.

Besides that, thank you for the hard work, F1 2020 has been a massive step up from 2019 in the car handling and the track adjustments and we're all having an absolute blast on the game.

Here's a photo of the finish line at Austria from our race last night where P1 and P2 were seperated by a delta of 0.009.

F1_2020_photo_20200714_113350.thumb.png.48d7d777199c3fee136ec5e8186081b2.png

EDIT: I apologise for submitting this thread in the wrong place. I meant to submit this in suggestions and not F1 Chat. Oopsie! 

Edited by Travisty98
Mistake in posting location
  • Agree 1

It will be a grid step if codemaster staff open a discussion on what league owner need to make a complet system.

With your description and after checking, i wont use it. We cannot edit session as we want and we have right very limited

Also from what I've understood is that the reserves that would be in the league, would be scoring points for the guy who is missing the race and that the reserves are not scoring points for themselves which sucks in my opinion. All the leagues what I know have reserves that score points for themselves and in case one of the main drivers would have to leave mid season, that reserve can just jump in to a full time driver seat and have the points already that he got for himself while he was a reserve

I've experienced the exact same bugs and already submitted a bug report for both. Such a shame that things that worked on F1 2019 suddenly don't work anymore. Would have tought that they would take a step forward instead of two steps back.

Ability to set session weather/time of day is a desperately needed option