I can run rich mix in career whole race

Posted (edited)

I can play trough the whole race on Rich mix without wasting too much fuel in Career and My Team Career

I start the race with - 2 laps, and without even going into lean, I just go to standard in the corners and I save to +0.5 by lap 7 or 8

after that I'm on rich all the time till the end of the race and finish with +0.2, i have to use Rich all time to not have a heavy car from the fuel load and it overheats my engine. Anyone else experiencing this?

Note: I am experiencing this since 2018 game and only in career mode. 

Edited by VladimirJeger

Yeah but your engine will overheat a lot and you lose performance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaddeRaga said:

Yeah but your engine will overheat a lot and you lose performance

Well, that is exactly what I said and why I am asking for a solution....

What I do is running lean every braking zone and standard and rich in the straights. In 25% races i put +1 laps of fuel, in 50% I put +2 laps.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DaddeRaga said:

What I do is running lean every braking zone and standard and rich in the straights. In 25% races i put +1 laps of fuel, in 50% I put +2 laps.

Dude do you even understand that doesn't work like that for me in career and I don't know why? I know it's supposed to be like that and it is in multiplayer and grand prix mode, but not in career. I can't spend fuel on rich mix and standard and lean save to much fuel.  

Edited by VladimirJeger

22 hours ago, VladimirJeger said:

I can play trough the whole race on Rich mix without wasting too much fuel in Career and My Team Career

I start the race with - 2 laps, and without even going into lean, I just go to standard in the corners and I save to +0.5 by lap 7 or 8

after that I'm on rich all the time till the end of the race and finish with +0.2, i have to use Rich all time to not have a heavy car from the fuel load and it overheats my engine. Anyone else experiencing this?

Note: I am experiencing this since 2018 game and only in career mode. 

You probably haven't noticed on the strategy menu, just before the race start, you can change how much fuel you start with. It's the very bottom option in said screen.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Yeratel84 said:

You probably haven't noticed on the strategy menu, just before the race start, you can change how much fuel you start with. It's the very bottom option in said screen.

OMG, I know, I play F1 games since F1 2010. That is not the problem, the problem is the fuel is not going down as fast as it should on Rich mix, read what I wrote. I can start the race with +0.5 laps and do Rich mix for 30 laps and have +0.2 laps at the end

Edited by VladimirJeger

Did you pick the "fuel usage is important to keep the car light" answer in first interview? That might have something to do with it...
Also, if your PU is that frugal with fuel usage, just start with even less fuel

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Yeratel84 said:

Did you pick the "fuel usage is important to keep the car light" answer in first interview? That might have something to do with it...
Also, if your PU is that frugal with fuel usage, just start with even less fuel

I don't remember, but it was the same for me on F1 2018 and F1 2019 so I don't see how that would have to do with anything. I set it to -3 laps, and by just doing standard mix for 6 or 7 laps i already saved 3 laps of fuel 

Edited by VladimirJeger

Posted (edited)

I think half of those participating in this subject, don't even read.

OP here explains that for ex... 

Race 55 laps, he takes 53 laps of fuel (-2). Obviously he would need to save some fuel but no, after few laps without even saving by going in "less fuel drinker modes", his car goes in positive for available fuel... Meaning that he could end up with tons of fuel in stock... 

To use all the available fuel in order to "empty" the car, he needs to be in rich mix but it obviously overheats.

It probably doesn't make much sense to a big F1 game user, but maybe some newbies will understand better 😄

Edited by enzo9983
Simple edit
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, and even standard fuel mix saves more fuel then I can spend on rich fuel mix. It's almost not spending at all. But what I don't understand is why is it happening for 3 years in a row now, F1 2018, F1 2019 and F1 2020. And only in career mode(s)

Edited by VladimirJeger

2 minutes ago, VladimirJeger said:

Thank you, and even standard fuel mix saves more fuel then I can spend on rich fuel mix 

You should try by going with -10L haha

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It has just occurred to me that the Fuel practice program may have something to do with it. I will try not doing that program on one weekend and see how it goes 

Edited by VladimirJeger

I must admit i have never got around to testing it so is someone able to clarify something for me.

I know if the engine overheats you lose performance. My question is how much performance? 

Lets say for argument sake we use this as an example. Would an overheated engine in rich mode still be quicker than standard mode at normal temperature? 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I must admit i have never got around to testing it so is someone able to clarify something for me.

I know if the engine overheats you lose performance. My question is how much performance? 

Lets say for argument sake we use this as an example. Would an overheated engine in rich mode still be quicker than standard mode at normal temperature? 

Maybe. But even if the loss of power isn't too big, the engine components such as MGU-H wears a lot quicker then when the engine is in optimal temperature 

Edited by VladimirJeger
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I just spent some 10 minutes on my Youtube history looking for a video I watched in the last couple weeks, but their interface is not of much use. The video was probably by Veloce or TRL Limitless and they made a side by side comparison of performance factoring in fuel mix and engine temperature.

In a nutshell, an overheated engine even on Rich will decisively lose to a healthy engine on Standard when on a straight. There was a threshold where this dip in performance occurred and I think it was on the 140º+ but I'm working on a goldfish memory here.

Edited by marioho
Apparently English has hard
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, VladimirJeger said:

This may be the cause of the problem but I will have to test it

Screenshot_3.png

There is definitely a bug with race strategy practice.. I have the opposite though, as I leak fuel from the start of the race and have to lift and coast in 'lean' just to make it to the end. Aside from one test in 2020, I've skipped the race strategy programme every race week since 2019 game 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MrPotatoHead888 said:

There is definitely a bug with race strategy practice.. I have the opposite though, as I leak fuel from the start of the race and have to lift and coast in 'lean' just to make it to the end. Aside from one test in 2020, I've skipped the race strategy programme every race week since 2019 game 🤷‍♂️

It's a problem for me in my team career, cause I get a sponsor bonus if I complete all race programs :classic_wacko:

yeah, it is deffo a problem with the race pace practice program. If I do msot of it in rich mix, I can run rich mix in the race with spending minimal fuel. If I spend most of it in standard mode, then it's all good