F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Car performance...

When will we finally get the car performance updates? I dont want to start my career modes with the Ferrari winning races and having unrealistic engine values etc, but i would want to finally play career mode properly, otherwise my season pass made no sense at all, because multiplayer is pretty much unplayable. Why does it take soo long? We have a good overview, Mercedes best car, then RBR, McLaren and Racing Point about eqaul, then Renault, Ferrari and Alphatauri, Haas and Alfa Romeo and on last place Williams.

I don't understand why does that keep people from starting Career mode now. It won't affect you at all and it won't really affect the championship either. Unless you do a full season before the patch then sure, Ferrari might win but so what? How does that affect you as a backmarker. Performance of all teams will change anyway from season to season.

Just play and have your own story build in your head for why Ferrari is suddenly slower. Instead of thinking CM patched the game, Ferrari is slower now, think of it as FIA found some illegality on Ferrari engine and they had to remove it. Or something. It really doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Oh don't worry the whole grid will get blown up mid season and year end by the driver transfers so it’ll get sorted out for you 😂

43 minutes ago, Zviko said:

I don't understand why does that keep people from starting Career mode now. It won't affect you at all and it won't really affect the championship either. Unless you do a full season before the patch then sure, Ferrari might win but so what? How does that affect you as a backmarker. Performance of all teams will change anyway from season to season.

Just play and have your own story build in your head for why Ferrari is suddenly slower. Instead of thinking CM patched the game, Ferrari is slower now, think of it as FIA found some illegality on Ferrari engine and they had to remove it. Or something. It really doesn't matter.

i just want it to be realistic. You are right, it does not really matter but i have the 2020 game so i really want them to perform like in the season. Also, i want to start a normal career as well, it plays an even bigger role there for me, as i actually wanted to drive with Ferrari and bring them back to a championship but that doesnt work now. Making your own storyline out of it is not a bad idea, however the change will apply to pretty much all cars and it will just get chaotic if my rivals in the first half of the season in myTeam for example just get way better, while Ferrari, who got 4 wins in the first half for example now fight with me for P10 but already have that huge point advantage now.

Barry or someone else explained why performance update didn't come yet. They do performances for each game after few race weekends and not based on last races of previous season or pre-season. So now it is a problem that they only have 2 (make that 1 as track was the same) races data, which says everything and it says nothing.:classic_rolleyes: Just imagine that last year first race was Austria just when game came out, probably everyone would ask for performance update because Merc was winning in game and being nowhere in race. :classic_biggrin:

Update will come, they are aware and us asking for it each day won't make it come sooner.

It's even better if they wait till after Hungary. Now we've seen where it stands in terms of engine for the most part. For Hungary downforce matters a lot more so we might see way different order.