Jump to content Jump to content

British GP unraceable

I've found some tracks I'm competitive and living up to what my apparent car rating is (2nd season MyTeam, going by the R&D chart I should be p8-p14) but others I'm +1-1.5s off the pace - so basically I'm a Haas!

Queerly though, I've just started MyCareer and decided to do a full F2 season - in France (1 track where I am WELL off the pace in MyTeam) I was storming through, qualified 5th for R1 and finished 4th (undercuts don't work in F2?!?) and from 5th in SR finished 2nd.  I changed the setup slightly to sacrifice speed on the straight for cronring stability and it seemed to work a charm, so thinking maybe similar needed in F1.

• 5 months later...

I am not at you guys level as I am just learning and in my first Driver Career , I also have lack of speed at Silverstone but I was putting it down to the fact that I am in a Williams and am just starting improvements, haven't really concentrated on Power yet.

What I have noticed though is how slow the AI go round corners when you are behind them but don't seem to when they are behind you. I am only at 75% AI level but sometimes I struggle to go slow enough when behind someone on a slow or slowish corner but they are all over me like a rash when they are behind me. I always seem to qualify well so I was putting most of it down to the fact that I am outmatched car wise when overpowered on the straight. Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari etc I would expect them to be faster but at Austria the race before I got second. 

They do seem much quicker on Hanger straight than they are at some of the other long straights, at Montreal or Bahrain for example, and Austria.

Edited by NeilUK02
1 hour ago, NeilUK02 said:

I am not at you guys level as I am just learning and in my first Driver Career , I also have lack of speed at Silverstone but I was putting it down to the fact that I am in a Williams and am just starting improvements, haven't really concentrated on Power yet.

What I have noticed though is how slow the AI go round corners when you are behind them but don't seem to when they are behind you. I am only at 75% AI level but sometimes I struggle to go slow enough when behind someone on a slow or slowish corner but they are all over me like a rash when they are behind me. I always seem to qualify well so I was putting most of it down to the fact that I am outmatched car wise when overpowered on the straight. Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari etc I would expect them to be faster but at Austria the race before I got second. 

They do seem much quicker on Hanger straight than they are at some of the other long straights, at Montreal or Bahrain for example, and Austria.

While I can't say I've noticed too much of what you're describing in the corners, just heads up that trying to relate each tracks difficulty to others is a fools errand. The AI is notoriously unbalanced from track to track (there are websites dedicated to helping you set the right AI level for each track and the results are wildly different), and nowhere worse than Austria.