F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Ghosting in Career Mode

I was not aware of this ever being a feature but I just clipped the wall at Monaco and spun and instead of the cars behind me crashing, I ghosted and they all drove through me. If this was online, I wouldn't mind but this is my career mode and the result is not correct - those cars should have been damaged and there would have probably been a safety car. I don't mind crashing in career - I like it to be realistic - (cockpit view with no assists) - but the AI driving through my car doesn't seem right to me. 

I agree should be an option to turn on or off ghosting. Shame really they done it like this 

This has only happened to me once and it seems on checking the replay that the AI car was not carrying enough speed to run into me, had basically stopped, and there was no other way for it to go around me. 

It could either ram me out of the way at that point or go into R and turn around and find some other way round, so at least in that case it seemed to an emergency scenario for the AI lol and so it ghosted through me. 

I don't know if this is similar to your experience? 

Cos I've crashed and smashed and got myself stuck many times but only ever seen this once. 

I had this happen to me many times and I hate it, the most annoying was I lost traction going round a corner, a car hit my rear tyre so I span out, I end up leaving the track, hitting a wall, rolling back onto the track ( with a little but of speed ) and a car that should have hit me and then ended it's race, went straight through me because the game ghosted me, I don't thi k it should ever have been a feature in single player, if you sit and block the ai then it's sort of understandle but if you're playing with rules and you so that, you'll get DQ'd so I'm not sure why it's In the game.

New to game, can anyone explain a little more about ghosting? is it the same in all modes and situations, assuming it's either on or off? I just started checking this setting when beginning an online race, does the ghosting only apply during crashes? Same for both real or AI drivers? I can't remember the exact mode or scenario, I think it was during an online race that had a few AI cars and sometimes I drove right through them, tried it again and it caused a collision. I also recall in another race being lapped by a real driver and I was ghosted

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SpiveyCJ said:

New to game, can anyone explain a little more about ghosting? is it the same in all modes and situations, assuming it's either on or off? I just started checking this setting when beginning an online race, does the ghosting only apply during crashes? Same for both real or AI drivers? I can't remember the exact mode or scenario, I think it was during an online race that had a few AI cars and sometimes I drove right through them, tried it again and it caused a collision. I also recall in another race being lapped by a real driver and I was ghosted

If the feature is turned on, lapped cars will ghost when overtaken. Cars also ghost after resetting on track (most of the time anyways) or if they are stationary on the road (usually).

Turning off "Collisions" means cars will always ghost and go through eachother.

Edited by janbonator
  • Agree 1