Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I play F1 2020, I start to suddenly lose ffb strength after around 20 minutes. When I played F1 2019 I did not have this issue no matter how long I played.

2.       Platform 

PS4
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode?

All game modes 
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I don't know.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I disconnected all of the cables and tried different ffb settings, but it didn't resolve the issue.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster T300 RS, Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On for Thrustmaster T300 RS, Thrustmaster TH8A
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

I have no photo's or videos for this.

This also happens with TS-PC  

An no its not over heating as your game uses stuff all FFB compared to Assetto Corsa.   

36 minutes ago, BigImpulse said:

This also happens with TS-PC  

An no its not over heating as your game uses stuff all FFB compared to Assetto Corsa.   

Post a bug report please, this type of post is known as 'tailgating'. You do not own the T300, so follow the reporting process as of the head of this forum.

Posted (edited)

How about dont release such a broken game.  Its the same issue, mid game loss of all force feedback on thrustmaster.   As it doesnt cause an error there is no report to post.  
Funny how this wasnt an issue in 2019 and i was using stronger FFB Settings.   

This is called "lazy programing" 

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I play F1 2020, I start to suddenly lose ffb strength after around 20 minutes. When I played F1 2019 I did not have this issue no matter how long I played.

2.       Platform 

PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode?

All game modes 
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I don't know.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I disconnected all of the cables and retarted game for it to work again.  -  FFB Settings 62 strength - 20 less than f1 2019.   
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster TS-PC  (Running Latest Firmware 11 as at 1 / 7 / 2020)
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

I have no photo's or videos for this

In simple terms,  It feels like the controller has been disconnected and not running (but it maintains control with 0 FFB infomration.  Only way to fix it, is to shut down the game and re run.   I also know its not temp related due to quite a few factors;   fan exhaust is cool, it can be reset by re loading the game and no issues,  a test can be run in thurstmasters control pannel to test FFB and this works well and no issues.    The biggest indication is, 1 hour race on acc NO issues,  15 mintues on f1 good bye all FFB. 

Edited by BigImpulse

Posted (edited)

In Beta you had the Alt - Tab error which did this.  If you alt tab during the game it would remove all ffb.  

cause its also been noticed you get different ffb strengths for TT vs lobies and also the number of players in the loby

Edited by BigImpulse

On 7/15/2020 at 11:08 AM, steviejay69 said:

I recommend activating the 'always on' fan mode

Do you know where this is set? I just updated to the latest firmware but couldn't see an option for the fan setting, and I can't see it in-game either.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Do you know where this is set? I just updated to the latest firmware but couldn't see an option for the fan setting, and I can't see it in-game either.

It's on the wheelbase. In the manual and on the tech support page, I don't have it to hand.

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

It's on the wheelbase.

I've just had a close look all round the wheelebase and can't see a switch for this, unless it might be on the bottom surface where it's bolted to its stand?

Posted (edited)

The cooling fan starts up when the wheel has reached a certain temperature (after a few minutes of gameplay, depending on the strength of the Force Feedback effects used)  There is no switch on the base nor software for the ts-pc

Edited by BigImpulse

1 hour ago, BigImpulse said:

The cooling fan starts up when the wheel has reached a certain temperature (after a few minutes of gameplay, depending on the strength of the Force Feedback effects used)  There is no switch on the base nor software for the ts-pc

There is the same driver software for the TS-PC as the other Thrustmaster wheels 2020_TTRS_2

On console, you need to connect the wheelbase to a PC to update the firmware, the firmware is in the driver listed above.

Once the firmware is installed, it is effective on console. The cooling system on the TS-PC works differently to the T300, so hopefully it is uprated as are the FFB motors.

Posted (edited)

Like i said above,  the ts-pc and ts-xw is different than the 300.   
It does not have an Manually controlled system, like i said above.  

this is a game fault and its being ignored

Edited by BigImpulse

9 hours ago, BigImpulse said:

Like i said above,  the ts-pc and ts-xw is different than the 300.   
It does not have an Manually controlled system, like i said above.  

this is a game fault and its being ignored

It's not being ignored. 

Are you ALT-TABing at all? 

Do you run fullscreen exclusive or windowed?

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

It's not being ignored. 

Are you ALT-TABing at all? 

Do you run fullscreen exclusive or windowed?

Running Fullscreen mode only.  

and from this mornings issue,  no i was not alt-tabbing at all.  just doing TT. 

Hasnt happened yet tonight,  now downloaded 1.05 ao will continue to test. 

But even if (which i just tested) alt tabbing i can return to the game and no issues (unless all ffb is lost - tested once it happened)

even alt enter etc

Posted (edited)

hi ...i have the same problem with my Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

I agree with  Biglmpulse ....

please codemaster find the problem 🙂

Edited by Ganelon

same problem for me with t150. In the first session the ffb is great. But after starting using a new session or even restart lap in TT the force feedback becomes weak. Sometimes in multiplayer the FFB is completely gone. I've to unplug the wheel and put it back in. Sometimes the ffb comes back when reconnecting the wheel.

Posted (edited)

ok Biglmpulse im sry for you

Edited by Ganelon

I don't seem to have the same problems as above with my T300RS. I've upgraded the firmware and set the fan to always on as suggested above but I've yet to notice any loss of FFB strength. Not sure what the longest continuos use I've had. Maybe 50 TT laps?

In case it matters or helps, I'm currently using the settings in the following video which covers all Thrustmaster wheels: