Jump to content Jump to content

They sometimes get penalties, but seems only in "my team mode"

Why cant they just make the AI the same in every mode!?

I prefere playing an online championship with a friend.

And there AI makes no mistakes, no penalties...it's just boring and sadly its the same every and every year

Edited by Malmsteen41
  • Agree 1

Yup mostly only grid penalties. I've seen one get a penalty for ignoring yellows but that's it. To their credit they are better at obeying blues when the player is involved so don't get penalties there either (vs. the AI they basically never got hit there but they wouldn't move over vs. players sometimes but this is no longer true). 

I think the AI 'can' get penalties but it avoids it. It didn't used to early on in one year and constantly got hit for speeding under safety car where the most of the field had 3 drive thru penalties. 

I’ve seen a few penalties in Championship mode doing a full F1 season, including Sainz parking in a dangerous location in Vietnam which I thought was quite unusual to see. It seems penalties are very rare to see, but also possible which is good.

A38F8D52-4A3D-4108-9273-8A838FA97F00.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Passing a back marker in career mode under a blue flag.
Back marker hits me as I’m passing him knocking me off track.                         Back marker keeps going. 
I get a penalty warning. 

yeah that’s fair. 

11 hours ago, nickfzr said:

Passing a back marker in career mode under a blue flag.
Back marker hits me as I’m passing him knocking me off track.                         Back marker keeps going. 
I get a penalty warning. 

yeah that’s fair. 

Usually both get the warning in case of collisions. And depending on the situation it may have been your fault.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, nickfzr said:

Back marker hits me as I’m passing him knocking me off track.  

Been there, done that. As pointed out on previous occasions, AI driven cars are keen to hit your car whenever there is a chance, from the back into braking zones if you dont brake (too) late, by moving under braking, and even when you are ahead of them not leaving enough space between your car and a curb steering into a corner - they will just decide to hit you is the best solution. In myteam mode, it even applies to your teammate, you can find a video about that on my YT channel where I documented after collisions from all cockpit perspectives, which car was steering / not steering where exactly, including TV feed cam of the collisions.

To me, the current AI is more fit for stock car racing and could well be a copy of an old Nascar title. If you wanted to call F1 2020 a simulation, you would have to make sure that drivers do whatever possible to *avoid* contact between cars, especially so in breaking zones - well, apart from wheel to wheel banging, or apart from Kevin Magnussen perhaps, but that is another story...

Edited by Schneehase