Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

AI to fast in wet

Recommended Posts

The Ai are way too fast in the wet. I have to turn down the difficulty when it goes wet and that shouldn’t happen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opposite for me, just had a full wet race at Zandvoort in my team and managed to come 7th. I was much faster than the mid field and only slightly slower than Albon. I play on 103 difficulty so far this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I had a race where I genuinely felt for the first time that the AI was OP. It was a 50% race in Monza with dynamic weather. The race started with light rain that continued throughout. The rain was just between having slicks and inters, Jeff kept wondering about it. DRS available all race. No matter what I did I couldn't get enough temperature into the dry tires on the wet track and I was 2 seconds off the pace - and I'm top 10 in TT in the wet at the track. In fact I've driven faster in TT in heavy rain than in this "dry" race at any point.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janbonator said:

Today I had a race where I genuinely felt for the first time that the AI was OP. It was a 50% race in Monza with dynamic weather. The race started with light rain that continued throughout. The rain was just between having slicks and inters, Jeff kept wondering about it. DRS available all race. No matter what I did I couldn't get enough temperature into the dry tires on the wet track and I was 2 seconds off the pace - and I'm top 10 in TT in the wet at the track. In fact I've driven faster in TT in heavy rain than in this "dry" race at any point.

This. The problem is not wet intended as consistent and stabilized wet but transition weather. It's the reason why it scares me that someone is asking for changes in the AI department. If they up the AI in the wet, the entire wet AI would be affected and for as much as I love this game the AI is still "simulated".

Mistakes are not made by the AI cause it's dealing with the track. They are programmed. They're not affected by temperatures.

I've seen that the AI in the wet is different in low grip asphalt tracks too.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AI are so fast on wet to who play without traction, if you´re playing with medium or full traction the AI are slow to you

Edited by squalles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah playing full traction control on wet is really slow and you'll lose a lot of time vs. the AI compared to when it's dry. Learned this last year. As well as for race starts. Eventually I learned how much slower traction control was on average in the dry too. There's times where I kinda wish I didn't know cus I'm not a big sim guy, I just like to drive the thing but most of the time it's fine being on medium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the AI is perfect balanced (dry/wet) with Full TC (Traction-Control), Anti-Lock-Brakes ON, Gears AUTO, Fuel-Management AUTO, DRS/ERS Auto.

On this Setting i have no problems at all with the AI balance.

Edited by ndrst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's impossible to balance the AI to be perfect for everyone, especially as we have varying knowledge of how to drive in the wet weather... so turning down the difficulty is probably easier 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

It's impossible to balance the AI to be perfect for everyone, especially as we have varying knowledge of how to drive in the wet weather... so turning down the difficulty is probably easier 🙂 

yeah, so i turning down the difficulty and the weather change to dry and i overtake everyone because the difficulty is unbalanced between wet and dry

 

amazing solution

Edited by squalles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, squalles said:

AI are so fast on wet to who play without traction, if you´re playing with medium or full traction the AI are slow to you

I play with no assist and had no issues against AI with traction, if anything I was getting out of corners better than them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every year the same discussion. Like last year i have seen vids where people perform on the same level level in wet condition, some are better in wet condition and start to gain places, where others looses places because they are weak in wet condition vs dry.

How should CM balance the performances of millions of players? It's impossible.

Easy fix: to be competitive in wet condition, practice and get better. Don't blame the AI to be OP.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×