Random Mechanical Failure for humans

As the title says, there must be random mechanical failures for humans. It is totally unfair as your rival leaves 2-3 races a season and you don't.

It could be an option for the player to choose.

• Agree 6

But what do you mean with mechanical failures because I'm having mechanical failures all over the place because I'm a ****** team boss that doesn't spend his money well. :classic_biggrin:

You probably mean a mechanical failure that won't let you end the race? 

I like the idea but... 

Intelligent people playing F1 2020 (5%)

Idiots playing F1 2020 (95%)

And trust me, those idiots, they are so happy when their rivals leaves a race, but if the game would dare give the OP an issue and provoke them to retire, the forum would be flooded abt how unfair the game is and how too many times we are caused to retire and so on...

I really like your idea, but I'm afraid it's not possible

Pretty sure if you keep going with the same power unit at some point, there will be white smoke, then black smoke then it dies and your are out of the race, happen for me in 2018 don't know if it is possible in 2020, not that far yet 🙂

2 hours ago, enzo9983 said:

I like the idea but... 

Intelligent people playing F1 2020 (5%)

Idiots playing F1 2020 (95%)

And trust me, those idiots, they are so happy when their rivals leaves a race, but if the game would dare give the OP an issue and provoke them to retire, the forum would be flooded abt how unfair the game is and how too many times we are caused to retire and so on...

I really like your idea, but I'm afraid it's not possible

You have a option to turn it on for yourself or not so no one can complain if it happens when they decided to put the option on

• Agree 4

This has probably been brought up many times. But for the game to move forward and actually have more of a sim aspect to it, there simply needs to be more failures. I was racing 3rd behind Bottas, and 3 laps before the end, his engine blew and I finished in 2nd. I felt like i cheated as these failures cannot happen to the user, but only the CPU. It ruins immersion completely and if F1 games want to take the next step, more needs to be added in terms of failures etc. Assetto Corsa does so many things better than f1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

AI have a few mechanical failures during the races (1,2 even 3 per race) but as a player you never encounter this.

I change a component to my engine between 2 practice session and had a hydraulic leak which cost me 7 minutes to get repaired and continue. This is realistic but never happens during the race (except a temporary DRS failure).

Why could’nt you have mechanical failures and force you to retire? (This of course could be disabled in menu).

Thanks CM.

• Agree 1

I honestly dont understand why this isn't an option. 

An old pc f1 game i used to have based on the 1994 season used to have random failures and it was awesome! 

It claims to be a sim but can go the entire season every season without a single retirement that isnt die to driver error. 

It must be an easy function to add too, so i just dont get it. For the moaners, like you said have the option to turn it off

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I have been praying for this feature for years. I just dont understand why they dont include it. 

Please codemasters, we want realistic racing, add mechanical failures with the option to turn them off for the ones who dont want it

• Disagree 1

Please please please codemasters can you add mechanical failures to human players please. 

I have been hoping this feature will be added every year with no joy. 

I cant imagine it being a hard feature to add in, and those who don't like it could have the option to switch it off. 

When in a season i just find it so unrealistic how i can go race after race after race season after season without my car breaking down and causing me to pull over and retire the car. The closest thing we get is the odd oil leak in practice when in the pits and/or DRS failure. 

And then your rivals retiring 3 or 4 times a race. 

Please can you add this feature for those of us who want the most realistic experience! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

On 8/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, Adyb11 said:

Please please please codemasters can you add mechanical failures to human players please. 

I have been hoping this feature will be added every year with no joy. 

I cant imagine it being a hard feature to add in, and those who don't like it could have the option to switch it off. 

When in a season i just find it so unrealistic how i can go race after race after race season after season without my car breaking down and causing me to pull over and retire the car. The closest thing we get is the odd oil leak in practice when in the pits and/or DRS failure. 

And then your rivals retiring 3 or 4 times a race. 

Please can you add this feature for those of us who want the most realistic experience! 

This, like you say, has been mentioned many times before, but it never gets included. Even the likes of Aarava. @BarryBL  can you guys PLEASE PLEASE inc this? It would give the game a more realistic feel. Random failures for player In the race causing us to retire.