Jump to content Jump to content

The cars don't rev properly in Neutral making heel toe shifting kinda pointless/impossible

WedgeX

well first I'll just say I played the game for 25 hours with sequential .... and figured,,, I'm pro, I'm tough I can switch to H-pattern when my new pedals are delivered.

boy was I wrong... I took over 1 minute longer to finish a stage due the frustration of 3rd gear popping out for no Known reason? has this been explained?

but I also noticed that the car doesn't REV correctly when your downshifting ... it revs at basically the same speed as when its in a gear..... when I drive my own car (or ANY car) I have to be careful because in Neutral the engine revs quite quickly.

seems like this would be a pretty easy fix that would give the game more realism
+1. I have driven almost 50 hours in the game in full manual with H-shifter. This is pretty annoying, especially when it happens on a 300bhp+ car that should hit the limiter in half a second with no gear engaged. It proves difficult in acute corners especially, where you basically need to anticipate for this. Also very troublesome when you stall the engine (restarting takes 2sec, then another 1 or 2 to go high in revs so you don't stall a second time when restarting).
Qiou87 said:
+1. I have driven almost 50 hours in the game in full manual with H-shifter. This is pretty annoying, especially when it happens on a 300bhp+ car that should hit the limiter in half a second with no gear engaged. It proves difficult in acute corners especially, where you basically need to anticipate for this. Also very troublesome when you stall the engine (restarting takes 2sec, then another 1 or 2 to go high in revs so you don't stall a second time when restarting).
The way how the car stalls must be updated because I've noticed that if the car stalls under braking (while still having speed) and you apply full clutch and then release it, the car doesn't start like it should (the the speed should make the tires spin again) but instead it just continues with all wheels locked until it's complete stopped. Kinda frustrating to start the engine every time from a complete stop :/
In other games like Iracing and Project Cars it took me awhile to learn to heal toe when using the H shifter and clutch.  I'm pretty good at it now and can easily go from 6th to 5th to 4th to 3rd ....etc..and so on.  In Dirt rally I'm unable to do it at all.  What they are saying is 100 percent correct.  The moment you pull that push that clutch you should hear a spike in RPM and I hear nothing or seeing anything.  I don't see the rpm increase at all and am pretty frustrated to play with H - shifter + clutch play.  Please look into this Codemaster.

Archived