Jump to content

T300 settings

Recommended Posts

I am trying to adjust my t300 settings, which setting do eporters use? i am confused which linirity i should change aswell. When watching hotlaps on youtube it seems they can steer way sharper than me. As example: first corner Hungary i have way more understeer compared to those players, i tried changing my car setup but it wont help. I use 360° btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive had to put steering saturation on My t300 on 100. Also it makes a loud whirring sound for about 20-30secs then stops. Usually happens when I don’t use it for few hours. I downloaded the latest firmware and wondering if this is the reason because I didn’t do this before that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The F1 games' Handling Designer David Greco has a pinned Q&A at the top of this forum. He has answered to T300 related questions twice. Here you go 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, UP100 said:

The F1 games' Handling Designer David Greco has a pinned Q&A at the top of this forum. He has answered to T300 related questions twice. Here you go 🙂 

 

First of all, thanks for sharing. I just got my T300 this week and I'm struggling with the transition from controller to wheel. (I'm playing on a PS4, by the way.)

I'm testing in Barcelona and I'm about 1.5 sec behind compared to using a controller. The handling just doesn't feel as dynamic as I expected it to be. 

I applied some wheel settings from some YT video (FFB = 95%) but I'm not too happy with the overall feeling. 

Unfortunately, I don't fully understand David Greco's posting. What is the wheel app?? I'm a bit lost here.

Can anybody share his T300 settings for the PS4? I would greatly appreciate it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wheel app maybe the settings screen when you plug the wheel into your PC. From there you can adjust lots of the wheel's features. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

The wheel app maybe the settings screen when you plug the wheel into your PC. From there you can adjust lots of the wheel's features. 

Thanks. So you should set the FFB to 100% in the wheel app and max. 70% in the game. Got it. But what if you use the T300 with a PS4? There's no wheel app. Is it still 70% than?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SixtoRodriguez said:

Thanks. So you should set the FFB to 100% in the wheel app and max. 70% in the game. Got it. But what if you use the T300 with a PS4? There's no wheel app. Is it still 70% than?  

If you have one, you can connect the wheel to a PC to change its internal settings, and importantly make sure the firmware is up to date if you haven't. Then you can connect it back to your PS4. You just need to change the PS4/PS3 switch each time. It needs to be in the PS3 position when connected to a PC (laptop in my case).

For info. I'm happily using the following settings on my T300RS, with a PS4:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

If you have one, you can connect the wheel to a PC to change its internal settings, and importantly make sure the firmware is up to date if you haven't. Then you can connect it back to your PS4. You just need to change the PS4/PS3 switch each time. It needs to be in the PS3 position when connected to a PC (laptop in my case).

Oh. I haven't done that yet. Thanks for the hint!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mattitudey2j said:

I just use default. Works fine. 🤷‍♂️

Why not try the settings I attached to see if you like them more though? It's about preference not one working and one not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 8:48 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Why not try the settings I attached to see if you like them more though? It's about preference not one working and one not.

Why change something that works fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mattitudey2j said:

Why change something that works fine?

That's like trying one type of beer/cake/whatever, thinking it's fine, and so not bothering to taste any others. It's not a logical argument for anything that is fundamentally a matter of personal preference.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

That's like trying one type of beer/cake/whatever, thinking it's fine, and so not bothering to taste any others. It's not a logical argument for anything that is fundamentally a matter of personal preference.

Neither is using "my settings are better so use them" as an argument. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Sorry if your fragile little ego can't understand that.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mattitudey2j said:

Neither is using "my settings are better so use them" as an argument.

Errr, if you check back you'll see I said nothing of the sort.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, Ultra3142 said:

If you have one, you can connect the wheel to a PC to change its internal settings

This is actually wrong, the settings in the driver for the tx and t300 in pc (cant say about other newer thrustmaster wheels such as the tsxw or tgt) remain in software on the pc, they do not get stored on the wheel at all. It is just driver side settings on pc only. On consoles you have to rely on the games own settings for force feedback.

It is however important to update the wheels firmware, so it is still important to hook them up to a windows pc to make sure the wheels have the most recent fixes and updates for the tm eco system.

Edited by Ialyrn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ialyrn said:

This is actually wrong, the settings in the driver for the tx and t300 in pc (cant say about other newer thrustmaster wheels such as the tsxw or tgt) remain in software on the pc, they do not get stored on the wheel at all. It is just driver side settings on pc only. On consoles you have to rely on the games own settings for force feedback.

I don't think it is wrong, with the final result being a combination of what is set on the wheel setup software and what is set in game. Both the video I posted and some of David Greco's advice say as much anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't think it is wrong, with the final result being a combination of what is set on the wheel setup software and what is set in game. Both the video I posted and some of David Greco's advice say as much anyway?

This has never been the case with those wheels, ever. Can you please link the posts in question and i will check out the linked video. Keep in mind i have been using the tx and t300 wheels for a while, and they have never stored the windows driver settings on them. So its either a recent change, or someone has picked up some misinformation and run with it.

Edit: i have reached out to Thrustmaster directly for clarification on this. But as far as information on their website goes, the Thrustmaster control panel software information as listed as only being relevent for windows pc -

Screenshot_20200825-165033_Firefox.thumb.jpg.7ffd93e41ac9f85cf5e8d80d7405cc89.jpg

Edited by Ialyrn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

This has never been the case with those wheels, ever. Can you please link the posts in question and i will check out the linked video. Keep in mind i have been using the tx and t300 wheels for a while, and they jave never stored the windows driver settings on them. So its either a recent change, or someone has picked up some misinformation and run with it.

The video is earlier in this thread. David Greco's advice was linked to above by another user. If not to the exact post but look close to where was linked to. He was advising not setting one of the wheel software settings to zero I think.

I'm very open to you being right by the way.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The video is earlier in this thread. David Greco's advice was linked to above by another user. If not to the exact post but look close to where was linked to. He was advising not setting one of the wheel software settings to zero I think.

I'm very open to you being right by the way.

Same, thats why I have reached out to TM directly for clarification :classic_happy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×