Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

PC Crashes all the time at start up (ego dumper)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here. 

When i'm on Steam and I press the play button, i choose DirectX 11 or 12 (same issue for both). Then the game try to start (I had an automatic install of a MSKinectLangPack the first time) and everytime after like 5 seconds an EGO Dumper report appear to inform me that the game crashed. Every time I send or close the report, an other one re-open instantly and the only solution I found to break the loop is to quit Steam.

I had no problem on F1 2018.

PC config : Windows 10 - 8 Go RAM - Nvidia GeForce 1050 with the last driver (451.67) - Intel Core i7

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

The last release on Steam (re-installed the game sunday)

3.       Game-mode? 

Never did a single game because of those crashs

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Every time i start the game it happen.

Repro steps : play on steam -> Choose Dx11 or Dx12 (don't change anything) -> crash after 3 to 5 seconds

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

I tried to :

- Unistall / re-install the game

- Verify integrity of game file in Steam

- Install the last Nvidia driver

- Disable Steam overlay

- Disable shader cache in Nvidia config for F1 2020

- Start the game with nothing else open in the computer to free some RAM

- Play after a reboot of the computer (with DirectX 11 and 12)

- Check other games running with DirectX 11 and Civilization VI work perfectly with DX11 and 12 for example

6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

I attached a record of my problem

7.       [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.   

I attached egodumper.log and DxDiag.txt

egodumper.log

DxDiag.txt

I'm having the exact same issue. I was able to get into the game once by launching through Nvidia GeForce Experience with the game configured purely for performance but i haven't been able to repeat that. Like you I've also tried several of the troubleshooting recommendations with no success.

30 minutes ago, mav744 said:

Have you tried this:

Made no difference by trying a previous version.

ok, it was a suggestion by me. sorry that it doesn´t help you

23 hours ago, batjaxx said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here. 

When i'm on Steam and I press the play button, i choose DirectX 11 or 12 (same issue for both). Then the game try to start (I had an automatic install of a MSKinectLangPack the first time) and everytime after like 5 seconds an EGO Dumper report appear to inform me that the game crashed. Every time I send or close the report, an other one re-open instantly and the only solution I found to break the loop is to quit Steam.

I had no problem on F1 2018.

PC config : Windows 10 - 8 Go RAM - Nvidia GeForce 1050 with the last driver (451.67) - Intel Core i7

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

The last release on Steam (re-installed the game sunday)

3.       Game-mode? 

Never did a single game because of those crashs

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Every time i start the game it happen.

Repro steps : play on steam -> Choose Dx11 or Dx12 (don't change anything) -> crash after 3 to 5 seconds

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

I tried to :

- Unistall / re-install the game

- Verify integrity of game file in Steam

- Install the last Nvidia driver

- Disable Steam overlay

- Disable shader cache in Nvidia config for F1 2020

- Start the game with nothing else open in the computer to free some RAM

- Play after a reboot of the computer (with DirectX 11 and 12)

- Check other games running with DirectX 11 and Civilization VI work perfectly with DX11 and 12 for example

6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

I attached a record of my problem

7.       [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.   

I attached egodumper.log and DxDiag.txt

egodumper.log

DxDiag.txt

You don't need to do all that troubleshooting. Do you not think that your 120GB SSD is full?

How are you managing the page file and swap file settings? Hint: Auto, needs space....

My SSD have only 7 Go left but my Steam games like F1 2020 are on my SATA with 210 Go of free space.

I have never changed the page file and swap file settings. By default, 8192 Mo are allocated for this.

Paging file size is system managed for my SATA and on "None" for my SSD.

18 minutes ago, batjaxx said:

My SSD have only 7 Go left but my Steam games like F1 2020 are on my SATA with 210 Go of free space.

I have never changed the page file and swap file settings. By default, 8192 Mo are allocated for this.

Paging file size is system managed for my SATA and on "None" for my SSD.

You need to set auto and have more space on system drive.

Instead of giving us the EGO Dumper log file, please give us the crash dump file 🙂 The log states the dump for this crash is C:\Users\Bastien\AppData\Local\Temp\666824-20200714-212757-0.zip

8 hours ago, batjaxx said:

I added the lastest zip I have.

I tried the steviejay's solution after deleting 4 Go in my SSD to free some space but that don't seems to change anything.

666824-20200715-235012-0.zip

Your game has not started there is no hardware_settings in the zip. You need to start the game in safe mode, the instructions are in the readme in the Steam game folder.  (Your crash is for DX11, DX12 will work on your hardware but 446.14 is recommended or the DLSS 'fix' for 451.67).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\F1 2020

8 hours ago, Racer50001 said:

Added my crash dump file too.

666824-20200715-231306-0.zip

Your drivers are old, update to 446.14

I'm having the same problem as well. I have tried:

A clean install, which works until i exit the game, and then it crashes on re-loads. The game is currently on my HDD, i can try install it on my SSD if you think that will help.

Rolling back as well as updating the drivers

Loading the game in safe mode and windowed mode

Disabling the Schumacher DLC

Verified integrity of the game files 

Making recommended changes in the Nvidia control panel

Disabling steam and Nvidia overlay

Tried loading with no other background programs running

Loading after a complete reboot in both DX11 and DX12

I get 2 crash reports each time and the game crashes about 3 seconds into loading on both DX11 and DX12. Ive tried probably 20 different things over the last few days. 

666824-20200716-105124-0.zip

666824-20200716-105105-0.zip

12 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Not the issue, I have tried 3 or 4 different versions of the drivers, with no difference seen. 

Late last night I was able to launch the game following persistent attempts to get it to finally start. Didn't do anything radical to troubleshoot, just kept hitting play on Steam until it actually worked. There were no issues in game when I tried my Team, multiplayer and some classic content. However on attempting to launch tonight it has reverted back to crashing immediately. Seems to me it's just a lottery whether or not it works, with the majority of attempts being a resounding no. 

4 minutes ago, Racer50001 said:

Not the issue, I have tried 3 or 4 different versions of the drivers, with no difference seen. 

Late last night I was able to launch the game following persistent attempts to get it to finally start. Didn't do anything radical to troubleshoot, just kept hitting play on Steam until it actually worked. There were no issues in game when I tried my Team, multiplayer and some classic content. However on attempting to launch tonight it has reverted back to crashing immediately. Seems to me it's just a lottery whether or not it works, with the majority of attempts being a resounding no. 

Ive been having the exact same problem. It will randomly just decide to work...

12 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Your game has not started there is no hardware_settings in the zip. You need to start the game in safe mode, the instructions are in the readme in the Steam game folder.  (Your crash is for DX11, DX12 will work on your hardware but 446.14 is recommended or the DLSS 'fix' for 451.67).

For me it's not random, it don't work at all, even with the 446.14 driver. I still don't have hardware settings in the zip and the safe mode don't change anything too.

Guys, 446.14 will work on 1909 and 2004 on older cards.

450.xx branch for 2004 (DLSS off, possibly HAGS - can't test as running 1060)

441.xx branch for 1909

if your cards are RTX, there is the issue. All the suggestions here are to turn off DLSS if you have the option.

You don't need to disable any overlays.

57 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Guys, 446.14 will work on 1909 and 2004 on older cards.

450.xx branch for 2004 (DLSS off, possibly HAGS - can't test as running 1060)

441.xx branch for 1909

if your cards are RTX, there is the issue. All the suggestions here are to turn off DLSS if you have the option.

You don't need to disable any overlays.

My car is an RTX 2070 Super. Where do i go to turn that off? Is that an option in the game or in the nvidia control panel?

Thanks

I found that i'm on windows 10 1903 so I don't really know if I should go back to an older driver, I will test it tomorrow but I'm not sure of which one should I take.

Windows update tell me that 2004 is not ready for my computer but it's coming soon.

My card is a GTX 1050

Im not sure if this helps anyone but i just found something interesting and im not sure why it works. I have "-safemode" in the launch options in steam. So the game loads on my left side monitor in a small window. As soon as the window pops up i click somewhere else (usually right night to the window) and the game loads fine. I just have to go change the video settings in game which is fine. I tried not clicking outside the window and i  get the EGO dumper crash message everytime...

Tested this 3 times and all 3 times the game worked doing it this way. I have no idea why this works, might work for someone with one monitor too. Hope this helps until there is an update to fix this issue!

On 7/16/2020 at 7:45 AM, steviejay69 said:

4 hours ago, theeagle9 said:

Im not sure if this helps anyone but i just found something interesting and im not sure why it works. I have "-safemode" in the launch options in steam. So the game loads on my left side monitor in a small window. As soon as the window pops up i click somewhere else (usually right night to the window) and the game loads fine. I just have to go change the video settings in game which is fine. I tried not clicking outside the window and i  get the EGO dumper crash message everytime...

Tested this 3 times and all 3 times the game worked doing it this way. I have no idea why this works, might work for someone with one monitor too. Hope this helps until there is an update to fix this issue!

Do people not actually read threads anymore and wait to be replied to individually?

A lot of the detection issues are with people with multiple monitors (I have only a single display) but it is assumed you have set them up correctly.

8 hours ago, batjaxx said:

I found that i'm on windows 10 1903 so I don't really know if I should go back to an older driver, I will test it tomorrow but I'm not sure of which one should I take.

Windows update tell me that 2004 is not ready for my computer but it's coming soon.

My card is a GTX 1050

The recommendation is for 446.14 - 1903 and 1909 are identical codebase (1909 will last longer and can be enabled with the 1909 enablement package, it should see the game lifecycle out). GTX1050 won't support any of the new driver features. However, as I attested in an earlier post, 446.14 also works on 2004 - but if your PC has a block on 2004, why update? They are still ironing out issues with the build.

A proper bug report or adding this to the existing ego dumper post would be nice. Will try to merge it.

37 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The recommendation is for 446.14 - 1903 and 1909 are identical codebase (1909 will last longer and can be enabled with the 1909 enablement package, it should see the game lifecycle out). GTX1050 won't support any of the new driver features. However, as I attested in an earlier post, 446.14 also works on 2004 - but if your PC has a block on 2004, why update? They are still ironing out issues with the build.

Ok thanks, so this is not a driver issue for me I currently have 446.14 installed on 1903 and the game still refuse to start even with -safemode