Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[BUG?] Lack of AI Crashes/Incidents/Mistakes/Errors and therefore No Safety Cars

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
         Lack of AI incidents/errors/mistakes/crashes etc and therefore no SC or VSC ever appearing - very dull races except for mechanical retirements! This is more of a focus on the lack of AI error/incidents than SC/VSC not being implemented correctly! (sorry for lack of clarity originally)

2.       Platform
          PS4
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
         1.04 (1.03 in game)
4.       Game-mode?
         MyTeam
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
         10 Career Mode races at 100% with below settings
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
         SC and VSC always turned on / changed assists to ABS on, Medium TC / Damage and tyre on simulation
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
         PS4 Controller

Edited by Welham182
Bug Template / more clarity on issue I am reporting

4 minutes ago, Welham182 said:

Hi there

new here - so please ask for more info if needed!

Basically i have noticed that the AI never really mess anything up, and it is making the races feel a little unrealistic as a result. I am not saying every race should be full of incidents and stuff, but I havent had a single SC or VSC in MyTeam, and the only incidents with the race director normally involve me or are on the first lap!

Hope this can be addressed, as it would be could to have to adjust my strategies in my 100% races if a safety car comes out, or an extended yellow flag! 

Be cool to hear if anyone else has the same kind of issue, or not at all!

Fill in the bug report template

42 minutes ago, HarrysTechRevs said:

Fill in the bug report template

all done - cheers!

Also @Welham182, for incidents where you think a SC is needed for example, worth recording and adding as evidence. Helps us decide if it should be or not

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Also @Welham182, for incidents where you think a SC is needed for example, worth recording and adding as evidence. Helps us decide if it should be or not

Thanks @BarryBL- will keep an eye out when I have a race this evening! 

I think I should perhaps emphasise the lack of incidents involved at all - so the AI are basically on rails for the entire race as well - and then only get the odd mechanical failure, incidents involving me, or just at turn 1 on lap 1. Outside of that the races are very tame. Happy to make changes to post just to be clearer, but I can guarantee that the only DNFs are mech failures, max 4 in a race so far, which is obviously fairly high, but none of them are due to crashes or errors. Absolutely no crashes or incidents to my knowledge that has cause drivers to drop down the standings, unless I am involved of course, and therefore there is no SC/VSC as a result of this! I am more aiming at the lack of incidents occurring to require a SC, rather than the SC not appearing when it should! 

Edited by Welham182
more clarity on description of suspected issue
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Welham182 said:

Thanks @BarryBL- will keep an eye out when I have a race this evening! 

I think I should perhaps emphasise the lack of incidents involved at all - so the AI are basically on rails for the entire race as well - and then only get the odd mechanical failure, incidents involving me, or just at turn 1 on lap 1. Outside of that the races are very tame. Happy to make changes to post just to be clearer, but I can guarantee that the only DNFs are mech failures, max 4 in a race so far, which is obviously fairly high, but none of them are due to crashes or errors. Absolutely no crashes or incidents to my knowledge that has cause drivers to drop down the standings, unless I am involved of course, and therefore there is no SC/VSC as a result of this! I am more aiming at the lack of incidents occurring to require a SC, rather than the SC not appearing when it should! 

Also final note here (sorry!) - this is in comparison to what I have seen from youtubers and other comments on here - seems that it may not be consistent across the board that we see AI driver collisions and errors!

i run the 100% races for the full immersion and so on, but not seeing a single mistake during this time seems pretty unlikely if you know what i mean! 

thanks for all your hard work here mate! 

11 minutes ago, Welham182 said:

Also final note here (sorry!) - this is in comparison to what I have seen from youtubers and other comments on here - seems that it may not be consistent across the board that we see AI driver collisions and errors!

i run the 100% races for the full immersion and so on, but not seeing a single mistake during this time seems pretty unlikely if you know what i mean! 

thanks for all your hard work here mate! 

I can confirm the same for my career, I'm 18 races in and I haven't had one SC or even VSC. Also haven't seen any AI crashes or major mistakes, but there were at least a dozen cases of mechanical DNF's with a car standing trackside for over a lap that would definitely have caused a (V)SC in the beta or even the previous game. I'm convinced there's a bug somewhere as I'm seeing it deployed for very minor incidents in other videos. Will capture a video next time I see something that warrants a SC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL - so after another 100% race this evening not a single yellow flag or incident in the race director other than myself or turn one, and therefore no sc or vsc and no video either! This was with the final 15 laps with heavy rain and still not even a single yellow flag at any point!

think the ai are very lucky or not aggressive enough maybe??

Edited by Welham182

@BarryBL - hello again mate - just a small update - same again for another race - no flags, no incidents - happy to provide more info - but not sure a video will show much as they just drive round and round with some overtaking! 

Yeah, I agree. I have driven 46 25% races so far and all that ever happens is just mechanical DNFs.

So the AI is just too perfect with their driving. Never make any mistakes while I have to use a flashback almost every race because I get sloppy when I get too comfortable.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, MeduSalem said:

Yeah, I agree. I have driven 46 25% races so far and all that ever happens is just mechanical DNFs.

So the AI is just too perfect with their driving. Never make any mistakes while I have to use a flashback almost every race because I get sloppy when I get too comfortable.

glad it seems to be a wider issue for some people - have seen one or two posts on reddit and here as well - hopefully @BarryBL can pass something on to the devs once he has enough notes from us!

1.       When AI cars retire or there is a wreck there is no safety car, not even a VSC. safety car setting is set to ON, and damage is simulation. have also tried it in full but still no safety cars (despite my best efforts). The first time I noticed, AI was in the middle of track at Hanoi and other cars wrecked into it....seemed very fishy. 

2.       PC
3.       1.03
4.       My custom team
5.       AI retires 1-2 times a race over the last 2 seasons, and I still haven't seen a single safety car...so I'd say this glitch has happened 30ish times? however, I am not sure what warrants a safety car (as I havent seen one) so some of those 30 retirements may not have needed one.
6.       have tried messing with damage settings, ai difficulty level, safety car setting on and off, and a mix of all of these to no avail.
7.       xbox controller
8.       no video, will try to cap one another time

I I have a different problem with SC. After every DNF in My Team I have safety car on track. In every race 2-3 SC. So I had to turn off this and I will wait for a fix.

This confirms what when we know and experience since years now: either SC on almost every race, or no SC at all.

• Agree 1

Another update here - through to zandvoort once more - had multiple instances of rain and rain stopping - only flags were related to me and alex albon mechanical failure where he sat at the first corner just off track and no safety car triggered!!

would be good to hear from you as its killing the immersion. No spins - no flags when rain came and went on multiple occasions then no safety car or virtual safety care for a car literally just off track at the first corner!

i tried to grab a post race video but as the race was so long the replay isnt from start to finish - no highlights either... 

pls help me 😞

5 hours ago, Welham182 said:

Another update here - through to zandvoort once more - had multiple instances of rain and rain stopping - only flags were related to me and alex albon mechanical failure where he sat at the first corner just off track and no safety car triggered!!

would be good to hear from you as its killing the immersion. No spins - no flags when rain came and went on multiple occasions then no safety car or virtual safety care for a car literally just off track at the first corner!

i tried to grab a post race video but as the race was so long the replay isnt from start to finish - no highlights either... 

pls help me 😞

From what I know mechanical failures are scripted and there is a bug with SC like every year since 2016 (they even removed it on a specific year, don’t know which one). Either you get a SC every time, or you will never see the SC.

For the highlights, if you use flashbacks or mid-race save (don’t know if this is named like this in English) you won’t be able to have highlights.

• Agree 2

Im 10 races into my first season in My Team the only saftety car or VSC i have seen is one that i have caused through my own **** driving. 

In last race on the main straight of monza, gasly engine blew up, no saftey car or vsc. 

The race before that Hamilton had a mechanical failure at spa and no VDC or saftey car. Personally i think whatever the variables are for safety car or VSC, they need to be looked at.

• Agree 1

Agree, AI drivers should make more mistakes, like a spin, puncture or crash

I thought I was in the minority in this.  I have seen people posting these crazy AI crashes, but I have seen none. In season three of my team and two other my careers in season one.  All I get is mechanical DNFs.  Run 25% races.  No S.C. or VSC.  

Deluxe edition digital

Xbox one X 

In season 1 of my career, I saw 2 big accidents. One in Canada on the pit lane entry between 2 cars during qualification and another in Austin with 3 cars involved (a lot of broken wheels and debris). This caused the only SC I saw up till now. A lot of mechanical failures with cars in dangerous position without a VSC or SC.

Posted (edited)

PS4 1.05 Dualshock.

Race length - 50%, Difficulty 85%, VSC and SC enabled, 18/22 races completed

Almost in every race i see technical DNFs and almost every time VSC appeared. No crashes, punctures or AI mistakes (except blocked wheels).

Never seen a real safety car. In F1 2019 just seen a 1 real SC for 3 full seasons, and never seen a VSC. Something was broken.

@BarryBL said what all DNFs are "soft" and no SC or VSC needed. Looks funny i think.

Every copy of this game works different 😄

Edited by Enlate

On 7/16/2020 at 6:36 PM, Welham182 said:

hopefully @BarryBL can pass something on to the devs once he has enough notes from us!

So they made a patch to this problem a year ago, but for me it change nothing. Almost all players see a SC a every race but i'm not 

Posted (edited)

This is a very old problem which has existed in Codies F1 games pretty much since the beginning, i.e. F1 2010.

When in doubt, AI drivers err on the side of caution, that's why we have so few crashes. I've been playing these games pretty much since F1 2010 (skipped a few, I admit it), and off the top of my head, I can name maybe five cases where there was a crash which eliminated the involved drivers for good. Maybe there was a damaged front wing, maybe someone lost a few carbon fibre bits and pieces, but outright carnage and destruction, like we saw in SIlverstone last weekend with the crash between Alexander Albon and Kevin Magnussen, that's something you'll be hard-pressed to find in these games. Which is one of the reasons why so few back markers manage to gain points in these games. Last year, even the notoriously weak Williams cars gained one point (Robert Kubica in Hockenheim), because in that particular race, Valtteri Bottas, Charles Leclerc, Daniel Ricciardo, Sergio Perez, Lando Norris, Nico Hülkenberg, and Pierre Gasly all didn't manage to finish the race (Gasly was classified because he had finished more than 90% or the race), plus Kimi Räikkönen and Antonio Giovinazzi received a 30 second time penalty for using illegal driver aids at the start of the race. I've always been hoping for something similar to happen to me in Codemasters' F1 games, but alas! No luck so far! While playing F1 2019, there usually were at least two teams which didn't score one single point, Williams and Toro Rosso. Alfa Romeo only scored points because Kimi Räikkönen sometimes showed a stroke of genius, while Giovinazzi was a constant also-ran.

And in F1 2020, it's no different. During a normal career, whether it's the old driver's career or the new "My Team" career, Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull score regular points, usually with both cars, while McLaren, Racing Point, and Renault fight for the remaining ones. Alpha Tauri, Alfa Romeo, Haas, and Williams stand no chance at winning points, none at all. Of course these things change over time, with some teams catching up while others fall back, but on the whole, it usually is six teams which fight for the points while four teams strike out.

If the AI drivers would drive more aggressively, taking chances, taking risks, races would be much more interesting. But they aren't; on most tracks, all you get is a convoy of cars driving lap after lap after lap with hardly any changes in position. That's how it has always been, so I don't think the Codies are going to change anything about it any time soon.

Edited by ostendorfjens
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

In my my team career mode i haven't seen a single Safety car, VSC, AI mistakes etc. Its like they are on rail like already is said. But a odd thing happend to me. When i turned it to Full damage with the exact same settings only the damage setting changed i got 2 big ai mistakes leading to a VSC and a SC. But when i turned it back to simulation damage, nothing again. And now i dont get any on Full damage anymore. Also im playing on the xbox one

@BarryBL

Hope that this can get fixed it is kinda ruining my game experience a lot. I liked F1 2019 After the safety car patch, it was better but also then i didnt saw any AI mistakes

Edited by MarcFey12