F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Multiplayer cheats

Dear codemasters is this true.

https://simrace247.com/2020/07/14/codemasters-do-something-f1-2020-multiplayer-cheats-revealed/

And if so what are you gonna do about it ? a sort of vac anti cheat engine for the game. And what will this say about online esports races. I know profesional esporters also use scripts or cheats. I hope you will make a anti cheat engine for the game and ban the cheaters for life. 

• Agree 2

Cheaters need a safe space. Shouldn't shame them by banning. I mean, just look at the fellow in the videos. Can't drive for s**t, uses offset t-cam and a pad. He needs love and understanding with silk gloves.

At least one of the clips was driven on 7.7, i.e. before the release. Perhaps this fellow is even a valued beta-tester? Sure made most of his testing.

I've been wondering as well why nothing is done about this. These speed and grip hacks have been around for years and the player mentioned in that article can be seen in the top of leaderboards just about everywhere in both 2019 and 2020, even though his driving is about the worst ever. Since he even puts videos about his cheating on YT without shame it seems absolutely risk free.

There's been threads about it before with no response from the codies so I guess they don't care at all about it. The gist of this is that it's ok to cheat?

I'm far from one of the best drivers but my motivation to try and improve just goes away because of this, it's a real deal breaker. This needs to be resolved or I want my money back. There's a lot of other online racing games out there I can play instead. To bad since Formula 1 is one of my passions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have a simple question as I'm on PS4 and never encountered hackers.

On a FPS game you can have aimbot or wallhacks, but here I'm confused... Why hack? 

Do you have a faster car? Well you still need to turn and break in corners...? 

The hacks he uses gives him unnatural grip, he can take the corners at MUCH higher speed than you should be able to and has unreal traction out of the corners. Just watch his clips, he blasts off from the starting line like a rocket because of this traction. Combine this with a speed hack and you can do lap times that are ten or even twenty seconds faster than anyone else.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, enzo9983 said:

I have a simple question as I'm on PS4 and never encountered hackers.

On a FPS game you can have aimbot or wallhacks, but here I'm confused... Why hack? 

Do you have a faster car? Well you still need to turn and break in corners...? 

See some of the videos from the URL posted in the first message.

Edited by janbonator

Ok I get it. Sorry question was out of the subject 🙂 Thanks for the reply

34 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

I'm far from one of the best drivers but my motivation to try and improve just goes away because of this, it's a real deal breaker. This needs to be resolved or I want my money back. There's a lot of other online racing games out there I can play instead. To bad since Formula 1 is one of my passions.

You are right my motivation is now also zero and when i play know online i keep in mind that someone has cheats. I know the cheaters are always a step ahead but when you have a anti cheat engine and you can be banned for life some people wont use these cheats that easy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, P3P70™ | 1969 - [NL] said:

You are right my motivation is now also zero and when i play know online i keep in mind that someone has cheats. I know the cheaters are always a step ahead but when you have a anti cheat engine and you can be banned for life some people wont use these cheats that easy.

That's right. At this day and age multiplayer games ought to have anti-cheating measures in place, especially when talking about an officially licensed game with real F1 teams in participation(in esports), and big prize money pools. Personally it doesn't kill my motivation outright, since league racing is still my favorite aspect of the game, but chasing wet weather TT world records is an attempt in insanity because of it. I don't think it should be too hard to have checks between the master server and the client to see that certain key data matches, and by that I mean car performance (power, grip, aero).

• Agree 1

It's sad that there are cheaters, but it won't affect my motivation. In solo mode I'm not affected. For online races I'm in a league and for TT I know I'm far away of the Top100, so also for TT I'm not affected by them. But i understood that it's really annoying for the top racers.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Seems even more prevalent now, each track there are around 5 absurdly fast TT times on PC, with people with sketchy accounts with prior VAC or game bans. The scary part is, how many fast times are people who are only using slight cheats that are easier to hide? If you can double your traction out of a corner with a cheat, what's stopping others from increasing it by 10-20% for a significant yet not obvious speed boost?

That being said I don't see Berrinha on any TT leaderboards anymore? Maybe they did something finally

Edited by TactXO

As if I needed another reason to not play multiplayer.

Getting run into the wall by someone, having my car destroyed while they bounce off me and keep right on going.

Getting brake checked while drafting and getting a penalty for "causing a collision."

Disconnections.

Now cheaters (aka: people with no life, no motivation, no ambition, no courage, no honour, and no decency, who should have exactly that much of everything else).

I'm glad the solo game is good.  Anyone got a good league in eastern NA?

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

As if I needed another reason to not play multiplayer.

Getting run into the wall by someone, having my car destroyed while they bounce off me and keep right on going.

Getting brake checked while drafting and getting a penalty for "causing a collision."

Disconnections.

Now cheaters (aka: people with no life, no motivation, no ambition, no courage, no honour, and no decency, who should have exactly that much of everything else).

I'm glad the solo game is good.  Anyone got a good league in eastern NA?

PC? ApolloRacingClub.com

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TactXO said:

That being said I don't see Berrinha on any TT leaderboards anymore? Maybe they did something finally

Haven't checked the TT's but he's still in the leaderboard for last weekends event, among with the other cheaters.

21 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

Haven't checked the TT's but he's still in the leaderboard for last weekends event, among with the other cheaters.

When you get a moment can you post a screenshot of the weekly event results on here. I'm curious to see how outrageous the scores are at the top.

What is it about the forum rules you don't understand? Whether you agree with them or not, the rule is no naming and shaming. 

1 minute ago, amazingblaze said:

What is it about the forum rules you don't understand? Whether you agree with them or not, the rule is no naming and shaming. 

Who's your comment directed at?

Take your pick. If the shoe fits... 

There are at least 3 posts naming or presenting screenshots here. 

Just now, amazingblaze said:

Take your pick. If the shoe fits... 

There are at least 3 posts naming or presenting screenshots here. 

So a screenshot of the final Leaderboard not pointing anybody specifically out is naming and shaming? Stop trying to be the forum police, you're not qualified. 

• Thanks 1

Listen, if I have to abide by the forum rules, I don't see why you should continue to break them. And you can't claim ignorance (at least not in this specific case), because you ere involved in the earlier infraction. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

Listen, if I have to abide by the forum rules, I don't see why you should continue to break them. And you can't claim ignorance (at least not in this specific case), because you ere involved in the earlier infraction. 

I'm with @Mike5500, here, screenshots that don't point anyone out aren't "naming and shaming". You need to back off unless @BarryBL sides with you.

I'm, actually, incapable of getting away with a cheat because my accounts are linked.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
  • Agree 1

Just now, amazingblaze said:

Please tell me how posting a screenshot of the Weekly Event results without naming a single person... by name... which is not naming.. and how I'm shaming someone by providing a screenshot is shaming... I'll wait. I think the ignorant one here isn't me. What rule have I broken in this post? Please tell me.. 

10 hours ago, janbonator said:

At least one of the clips was driven on 7.7, i.e. before the release. Perhaps this fellow is even a valued beta-tester? Sure made most of his testing.

What are you talking about?