Telemetry Software: PXG F1 Telemetry

Hi @Ender0042,

I decided to just set this up on my PC for my F1 on PS4.  

However, after following all the steps, I can’t seem to get it to work. 

The app just says ‘Waiting for a session’. I presume this is a network issue. Do you know how to resolve this?

thanks in advance. 

Hey @Ender0042,

I think I found a potential bug with the application. 

for some reason this wouldn’t work for me, and after some troubleshooting I realised that it’s because the Local IP that was provided in the application (top right) was incorrect. Looking at ipconfig in CMD, it seems to have taken the IP address from ‘Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 4’, instead of ‘Wireless LAN adapter wifi’. 

is this intended? My ISP uses CGNAT if that changes anything. 

however it does work now!

20 hours ago, Worthingtonio said:

Hi @Ender0042,

I decided to just set this up on my PC for my F1 on PS4.  

However, after following all the steps, I can’t seem to get it to work. 

The app just says ‘Waiting for a session’. I presume this is a network issue. Do you know how to resolve this?

thanks in advance. 

Have you tried launching the App before the game on the PS4.

How do i get this working? I'd like to test it out. I'm looking for something like that, to enhance my experience with F12020. 

I play on PS4, and i'm running PXG telemetry on PC. I've set settings in game as it is said, and have the PS4 and PC connected. App says "Tracking", and it knows on what track I am.. I just dont get any data on app. Is there something else to set?

On 8/6/2020 at 6:47 AM, marioho said:

Hey, @Ender0042The Race folders unfortunately are barren of files. The app has crashed in every race so far. I wasn't paying attention before but today it crashed in the first 4 laps.

On the Lap Analysis tab, the wheels presentation varies between the Tyre wear and the Tyre temperature fields: FL/FR/RL/RR on the first and FR/FL/RR/RL on the latter – in tandem with the game, I think? Maybe it is by design, I personally find more intuitive going left-right, but it leaves me second guessing if I'm comparing the data correctly as it is different on the Stint Analysis tab, being all FR/FL there on the Tyre Wear and Max Tyre Temp fields.

image.png.57fefaaab0888b1ff2c366e12d586af0.png

So far I've been using the app mostly to settle on tyre pressure settings for any given track, even more so as I've not been able to analyse my race data yet. So my routine basically consists of getting into FP1, loading my track custom setup, and taking the car out for the Track Aclm. programme. I always drive out, never do flying laps when I want to analyse my tyre wear data. After completing the programme, which usually takes one go, I go manually back to the garage and the app will record both the laps and a 1-lap stint. I could check the wear data on the lap analysis tab but I find the one in the stint tab more useful as it has more decimal places. If the Lap Analysys tab could follow this format I'd appreciate!

Done that, I take a cursory look at the wear data just to see if there ain't any high imbalance between the tyres. It is not ideal as a single lap is too poor of a sample data, but I keep this in mind when making adjustments. 

This is pretty much rinse and repeat, all with my first Medium set of tyres, until I finish the FP1 with the ERS Management programme. In this I use Softs and usually try to go for the fastest lap in the session for that munchy sponsor bonus.

On FP2 I do the Race Strategy programme on my my second set of Mediums and the Qualy Pace programme on a set of Softs. This is usually the most important session as even though I use the same set of tyres for most of FP1, driving manually all my out and in laps, and taking care to not have any weird behavior on track deviating me from my racing line of choice, (1) I don't have any means to compile all the tyre wear data from the single lap files, thus (2) the Race Strategy programme gives me the most meaty and meaningful stint to base any tyre setting adjustments on.

[...]

Thanks for this huge feedback 🙂

The crash in races should be fixed in the next version.

The max tyre temp field will be replaced by the average tyre temp as I think it is more useful.

For tyre wear, the data on a single lap is indeed not precise. On a stint it is much better but I'll say that you need at least 3 laps to have something useful. Note that the out lap is not recorded in the stints but the in lap is.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 12:39 PM, Worthingtonio said:

Hey @Ender0042,

I think I found a potential bug with the application. 

for some reason this wouldn’t work for me, and after some troubleshooting I realised that it’s because the Local IP that was provided in the application (top right) was incorrect. Looking at ipconfig in CMD, it seems to have taken the IP address from ‘Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 4’, instead of ‘Wireless LAN adapter wifi’. 

is this intended? My ISP uses CGNAT if that changes anything. 

however it does work now!

The app displays the first IP dress available on the PC. If you have 2 connections it may display the wrong one.

11 minutes ago, Shorti62 said:

How do i get this working? I'd like to test it out. I'm looking for something like that, to enhance my experience with F12020. 

I play on PS4, and i'm running PXG telemetry on PC. I've set settings in game as it is said, and have the PS4 and PC connected. App says "Tracking", and it knows on what track I am.. I just dont get any data on app. Is there something else to set?

If it displays the track where you are it is working. Just select the drivers you want to record on the "Tracking" page and click "Start".

4 hours ago, Ender0042 said:

If it displays the track where you are it is working. Just select the drivers you want to record on the "Tracking" page and click "Start".

@Shorti62 to add to what Ender said, maybe you're expecting the app to display live data. It does not. It records the laps as you complete them and extract the data from that. You need to manually load either the laps or the stints for the data to show. You can do that while it's still "tracking".

Posted (edited)

I can't download,link is broken 

okay ı solve,the problem is about vpn.

Edited by keremozcann

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, marioho said:

@Shorti62 to add to what Ender said, maybe you're expecting the app to display live data. It does not. It records the laps as you complete them and extract the data from that. You need to manually load either the laps or the stints for the data to show. You can do that while it's still "tracking".

Oh yeah, i knew that, but that wasn't the problem. Thank you anyway for help.

@ender0042 somehow i managed to get it working now.. Not really sure what I did, I was playing a little bit around IP's and my router. So yeah, now it works. I'm already using it, and getting familiar with it. So far so good, Before, I had to write down all things, and then compare my notes, but this amazing thingy do it so much faster, and so much better now!

Thanks, and enjoy buddy!

BTW, Marioho, one off topic question, if i may.. 
When you are setting a car, what exactly are you looking for; balanced PSI of tires, or balanced temperature of tires? 
In assetto corsa, you need to have similar psi between FL/FR and RL/RR. If i try to match PSI in f12020, then tire temps can be very unbalanced between each other. But if i match tire temps, then PSI is pretty weird. I'm too lazy to try both, and compare laptimes and wear, so i'm wondering what do you think about this? 

Edited by Shorti62
added something

@Ender0042 anyway to sort out through the data if the car has bottomed out? I noticed that the Suspension F/R and R/L values are given in "mm" but I haven't figured out if I could use it to check if I'm stalling my diffuser by running the car too low and/or too soft. I don't know if F1 2020 telemetry conveys data on this but it is not uncommon in other sim racers to have a field for measuring it out where 0 = bottoming the car.

@Shorti62 sorry, looks like your tagging did not work properly and I missed your edit! 

Like any F1 team out there I want to run my tyres with the lowest pressure possible for that nice grip. Grip is king in this category. So I'll change the pressure just to get the temperatures to an acceptable average, depending on the compound.

It is a tough nut to crack though because you may be seeing high temperatures on your data but it could be from the physical abrasion of the tyre. So decreasing the pressure could end up having the opposite effect, since you're giving more flex to the tyre structure thus allowing it to hug and rub against the tarmac even more. When your tyres are wearing out because of physical abrasion, not heat degradation, then you should either (1) change your suspension geometry and, to a lesser degree, your suspension settings or (2) increase your tyre pressure. If your tyres are indeed wearing out because of heat degradation, then decreasing your tyre pressure will be key.

That's all in theory though and unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get a good reading on what is happening. If they game provided the temp readings from the inside edge, middle section and outside edge of each tyre it would be much easier to assign blame between the two, heat or abrasion, as you could more easily detect if it is your camber or your toe settings taking a toll on your rubber.

Hmm... Come to think of it, @Ender0042 maybe it could be helpful to display the surface temperatures on the app too. I'm on a hunch here but maybe the ratio between surface and carcass temperature will give you insight on what to adjust, suspension geometry or tyre pressure.

On the balance between F/R tyre pressures, I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you're like half a bar tops in difference. I think the window within which we're allowed to adjust the pressures is too narrow to result in too much imbalance and trepidation on the ride. I could be deadly wrong though. 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:14 AM, marioho said:

@Ender0042 anyway to sort out through the data if the car has bottomed out? I noticed that the Suspension F/R and R/L values are given in "mm" but I haven't figured out if I could use it to check if I'm stalling my diffuser by running the car too low and/or too soft. I don't know if F1 2020 telemetry conveys data on this but it is not uncommon in other sim racers to have a field for measuring it out where 0 = bottoming the car.

Hmm... Come to think of it, @Ender0042 maybe it could be helpful to display the surface temperatures on the app too. I'm on a hunch here but maybe the ratio between surface and carcass temperature will give you insight on what to adjust, suspension geometry or tyre pressure.

Unfortunately there is no direct way to know if the car has bottomed out. The suspension give a relative position, then there is the rake introduced by the car setup and the natural ride height of the car which we don't know. It might be possible to calculated it but I'm not sure how to get something precise.

The surface temperature is already available as a telemetry graph on a lap. I could add it elsewhere but since it varies a lot during a lap I was thinking it is useless to display its average or maximum value.

If you want to do some tests I might be able to make a special release for you so that you can test different things. Contact me in private if you are interested.

@Ender0042 I'll play around with the graphs, analysing the data over different types of corners that are bound to tax the tyres differently depending on the setup. I'll get back to you if I think that could be something in there.

Thanks for feeding back on our feedback, mate!

Can someone help me Downloading this programme? It tells me I don't have the app needed to open those files. I'm a console player and a noob for PC stuff

@TSR Schilling that's probably because of the file format of the compressed file. Just download a program called 7zip to decompress the files, it's free.

And assuming you're on Windows, you should download the latest ....7z file, not the .dmg one.

Posted (edited)

Hi Ender, @Ender0042

The app is great, thank you very much. I have a problem, the app works in offline mode great but in unranked multiplayer mode if someone leaves the session the app crashes. Please check this issue.

Secondly, if we had a chance to mark 2 points on the graph and get the numbers/averages for the marked section between the marked points, it would be great. It will be useful to compare two laps on marked sections in terms of time, average speed and other datas. Sometimes people have different styles entering a curve, it would be useful to analyze a certain section of the lap.   

Edited by oner7

18 hours ago, oner7 said:

Hi Ender, @Ender0042

The app is great, thank you very much. I have a problem, the app works in offline mode great but in unranked multiplayer mode if someone leaves the session the app crashes. Please check this issue.

Secondly, if we had a chance to mark 2 points on the graph and get the numbers/averages for the marked section between the marked points, it would be great. It will be useful to compare two laps on marked sections in terms of time, average speed and other datas. Sometimes people have different styles entering a curve, it would be useful to analyze a certain section of the lap.   

Hi, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I’ll see what I can do.

• Agree 1

Hi there, interesting stuff, I'll give it a try, in the meanwhile I sign this topic... :classic_rolleyes:

Cheers,
Nuv

@Ender0042 Thanks for that epic work. App works almost perfect and helps a lot to improve.

But have i question, there is a chance to get on multiplayer races, the following data: Balance, Tyre Stress, setup config etc... i can only see some values on my personal laps, but i cannot see that values on any other multiplayer lap, even if their have "public" on  telemetry. Is a kind of bug ?

Very nice app. I got SimDashboard to foward udp data to PXG , just gotta use a different port (ex 21777) for simdahsboard to pxg 

So the 2 app run perfectly fine. Broadcast mode does not work though and makes simdahsboard lag by maybe 300ms or so.

Udp data fowarding is best option

On 10/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, AlejandroPow said:

@Ender0042 Thanks for that epic work. App works almost perfect and helps a lot to improve.

But have i question, there is a chance to get on multiplayer races, the following data: Balance, Tyre Stress, setup config etc... i can only see some values on my personal laps, but i cannot see that values on any other multiplayer lap, even if their have "public" on  telemetry. Is a kind of bug ?

Hi, I don't play multiplayer races myself so I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's normal. Unfortunately, this kind of things won't be improved in the near futur.

48 minutes ago, TheJokerQx said:

Very nice app. I got SimDashboard to foward udp data to PXG , just gotta use a different port (ex 21777) for simdahsboard to pxg 

So the 2 app run perfectly fine. Broadcast mode does not work though and makes simdahsboard lag by maybe 300ms or so.

Udp data fowarding is best option

Thanks for your feedback. I didn't know udp forwarding was possible with SimDashboard. This is a nice feature.

Great app ..just a shame I don’t know how to read the data and adjust my setup better from the data..

So, after few months of using this APP, i can't play the game without it anymore. So I came back, just to say thank you man! 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, Shorti62 said:

So, after few months of using this APP, i can't play the game without it anymore. So I came back, just to say thank you man! 

Thanks 😀

Same for me, I cannot play without it.