Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Telemetry Software: PXG F1 Telemetry

Hello

I got a problem with the program

It records the game perfectly but every time i want to analyse the data it says the file is named wrong and i need to check it.

Or i want to delete the file it says that the file isnt in that location anymore while i can see it and select it.

In using the 2.3 version

Edited by kyell182
Typos
31 minutes ago, Quirk50 said:

Hey - Your program is beautiful!  Would be great if you could add a coasting datapoint and graph to this.

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

However, I'm not sure I understand what you mean be 'coasting datapoint'. Can you explain it with more details ?

26 minutes ago, Ender0042 said:

However, I'm not sure I understand what you mean be 'coasting datapoint'. Can you explain it with more details ?

Coasting is when both, brake pressure and throttle application, are less than 5%/5bar, can be quite good to get right to maximise your potential.

1 hour ago, cgfdoo said:

Coasting is when both, brake pressure and throttle application, are less than 5%/5bar, can be quite good to get right to maximise your potential.

Ok, I understand and I see why it could be useful. I will definitely add it in the next version. Thanks !

• Thanks 1

I All, I think I'm dumb.

I can't connect the game to the Telemetry and I can't understand why. I'm sure to insert the correct requested data from the Telemetry inside the game, but he can't found the session. I tried both offline and online game modes (gran prix, ranked, unranked) but the software never recognize the PS4 game going.

Someone had the same issue? Some hints to found the problem?

On 2/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, kyell182 said:

Hello

I got a problem with the program

It records the game perfectly but every time i want to analyse the data it says the file is named wrong and i need to check it. 

Or i want to delete the file it says that the file isnt in that location anymore while i can see it and select it. 

In using the 2.3 version

Now I've the same Issues.

Also the Folders can't be deleted for the same reasons

I use PS4 and Windows 10. 2.3 Version

@Ender0042

Edited by DoctorTeuz

Analysing the bug seems that the problem is that the software create the pilot folder with a whitespace at the end. This let the folders be unknown and unremovable.

This is a big problem, first of all because there are folders that we never can delete. Then because the software cannot find the files

If you copy and past the files in a new folder they works.

Edited by DoctorTeuz
35 minutes ago, DoctorTeuz said:

Now I've the same Issues.

Also the Folders can't be deleted for the same reasons

I use PS4 and Windows 10. 2.3 Version

@Ender0042

I'm using it but I'm not sure to understand, sorry. The software creates the folder of the session, just be careful not to delete it during the session because it would not create it again and any subsequent recordings would not be made. After the session I find there every file which I usually move/rename, no problems with loading data at all or deleting folders etc.

Latest version with PS4 as well.

Hi Nuvolarix, as written in the following messages it seems to be a problem caused by something in the save.

This happened to me doing some test with the multiplayer car in Time Trial. Having no trouble, instead, in a 3 lap races with F1 2020 cars.

Tonight I've a Multiplayer League with Multiplayer Cars, so I make a test with them. In this way I could verify if the problem is the multiplayer car out of My Team of something else

With my tests and some analyses I can say that the problem is that the software save the folders with the name (WS stands for whitespace -> " "):
playerWS(team)

the whitespaces is not "conditional", so is written both with and without a team.
File Folder System of Windows refuse a whitespace at the end of a folder name, so that folder is unreachable from other software, and undeletable.

To be sure you can make a test with the multiplayer car in Time Trial 🙂

@Ender0042, tomorrow morning I can tell you if the problem is only in Time Trial or everywhere Multiplayer Car is used.

2 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

With my tests and some analyses I can say that the problem is that the software save the folders with the name (WS stands for whitespace -> " "):
playerWS(team)

the whitespaces is not "conditional", so is written both with and without a team.
File Folder System of Windows refuse a whitespace at the end of a folder name, so that folder is unreachable from other software, and undeletable.

To be sure you can make a test with the multiplayer car in Time Trial 🙂

Hi,

It's true that if the team name is empty, the generated folder will have a whitespace at the end. I didn't know it was a problem in windows. I'll fix that.

Note that you can change the "My Team" name in the "User preferences". It should at least solve the problem in time trial.

In multiplayer games, I'm not sure. I never played multiplayer games myself, so I didn't test the software in this mode. I might do it in the future.

Did you solve your connection problems ?

21 hours ago, Ender0042 said:

Hi,

It's true that if the team name is empty, the generated folder will have a whitespace at the end. I didn't know it was a problem in windows. I'll fix that.

Note that you can change the "My Team" name in the "User preferences". It should at least solve the problem in time trial.

In multiplayer games, I'm not sure. I never played multiplayer games myself, so I didn't test the software in this mode. I might do it in the future. 

Did you solve your connection problems ?

Hi @Ender0042, yes I fixed using a different PC. Probabilly I've something running already on that port, or some problem with the work VPNs that are installed on it and create problems of communication between PC and PS4.

For Time Trial I edited the "My Team" name, but remain with the whitespace. I think it's because in Time Trial this is not a team, but simply the "multiplayer car" so I don't know. I think that removing the whitespace will be enough to fix the thing. Maybe shifting the whitespace in the same string with the "(" instead of the name.

For the Multyplayer league it works in a perfect way with only a little problem, but I explain it at the end of the post. Sunday I'll spectate for a youtube live stream a different league, so I use it as a test to discover if it works if you are not one of the driver but only a spectator too.

The thing I'm noticed is that it reference the players as "Pilota 0", "Pilota 1", etc... and let it difficult to identify them. To do it it's necessary open the data and look at grid position or final position.

I don't know what API Codemaster will provide, so I don't know what kind of information the game offer, but there is some kind of way to identify the different pilots directly from the folders? In previous post I read that could be a little messy use the nickname, it's possible to use the car number at least?

I know that in some occasion is not be enough, but it possibily make easier to identify the drivers

An other little thing I noticed is that the Complete Qualify are insert all in the "Q1" folder and don't change the name of laps (so also Q3 lap are in Q1 folder).
I don't analyze the thing, cause the difficult of understand what driver is who, but I think that the "Pilota 0" of the Qualification is not the "Pilota 0" of the race, because i noticed that the "i" number of the "Pilota" is the grid position. In real I think that the Qualify folder, the Laps/Stints Folder and the Race file are for three different "Pilota_0". I verified now in my files of yesterday race:
For Qualify (Baku Q1 - 2021.02.11 21h36 folder)the "Driver 0" is the driver that was the first to have a time in Q1. I'm not sure that the Q2 and Q3 files in the folder are from the right driver, but i don't know how to verify it
For the Race Laps/Stints (Baku R1 - 2021.02.11 22h29 folder) i don't understand the allocation of the drivers, I noticed that some stints miss because i can't find my datas (a Medium - Hard - Medium combination)
For the Race (_Race Data (R1)) is the grid position.

Using a non common pattern (not Pilot 0, but a data arrived from the API that is unic) help to aggregate datas.

If I can help you in some proper way, tell me 🙂

Edited by DoctorTeuz

In addiction: I don't know how much could be easy or not to do (I'm a developer, but of other kind of languages), it's not possibile to make a "bulk JSON Export" for exporting everything in the lap/stint/race section? So it's possible to export the race of all 20 drivers in one click instead than in 20

Something like a JSON with the single JSON in it:

{
Player_0: {Player_0JSON},
Player_1: {Player_1JSON},
etc...
}

Edited by DoctorTeuz
  • Agree 1
8 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

The thing I'm noticed is that it reference the players as "Pilota 0", "Pilota 1", etc... and let it difficult to identify them. To do it it's necessary open the data and look at grid position or final position.

I don't know what API Codemaster will provide, so I don't know what kind of information the game offer, but there is some kind of way to identify the different pilots directly from the folders? In previous post I read that could be a little messy use the nickname, it's possible to use the car number at least?

I know that in some occasion is not be enough, but it possibily make easier to identify the drivers

First, huge thanks for your feedback. It is really helpful !

The thing is, the API doesn't give access to driver names un multiplayer games. I would like to find a way to identify a player among different session but I don't know how.

Since I don't play multiplayer game myself (I'm on PS4 and it requires a paid membership to the ps-plus service), it's hard to find a workaround. I may come to it someday though.

Like I already said earlier, Anyone who is willing to help and is ready to invest himself in the app is welcomed (for programming, testing, documenting, ...).

3 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

In addiction: I don't know how much could be easy or not to do (I'm a developer, but of other kind of languages), it's not possibile to make a "bulk JSON Export" for exporting everything in the lap/stint/race section? So it's possible to export the race of all 20 drivers in one click instead than in 20

Something like a JSON with the single JSON in it:

{
Player_0: {Player_0JSON},
Player_1: {Player_1JSON},
etc...
}

I don't see the point of creating a single file with multiple JSON inside. But what could be possible is to add a action to export every loaded laps in one clic. Or maybe an external tool to convert any lap/stint/race in JSON.

1 minute ago, Ender0042 said:

Like I already said earlier, Anyone who is willing to help and is ready to invest himself in the app is welcomed (for programming, testing, documenting, ...).

Hi @Ender0042, I'm here too if I can help for testing new features etc., although I'm exactly in your situation PS4 without PS Plus subscription.

I'm enjoying your program both in Time Trial and in Single Player Career / GP mode, everything works like a charm!
Only issue so far, sometimes the program crashes itself while running LAN games but not always. Usually at the 2nd-3rd consecutive race, but once it starts to crash it continues to crash "after a while" even relaunching it. Everything is back to normal once I close the LAN game.

Besides, but that's not a problem at all actually, it crashes also when I close the app with the "X", it ends with error, I would say "always". I'm running Windows 8.1

Here the screenshot of the second kind of crash:

Image1.thumb.jpg.edaba0ace6a9244a3e76e200b6e89e6c.jpg

The next time it crashes in LAN game I will make a screenshot as well.
Is there anyway to send you a log instead?

Thank you and best regards :classic_smile:
Nuv

1 hour ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi @Ender0042, I'm here too if I can help for testing new features etc., although I'm exactly in your situation PS4 without PS Plus subscription.

I'm enjoying your program both in Time Trial and in Single Player Career / GP mode, everything works like a charm!
Only issue so far, sometimes the program crashes itself while running LAN games but not always. Usually at the 2nd-3rd consecutive race, but once it starts to crash it continues to crash "after a while" even relaunching it. Everything is back to normal once I close the LAN game.

Besides, but that's not a problem at all actually, it crashes also when I close the app with the "X", it ends with error, I would say "always". I'm running Windows 8.1

The next time it crashes in LAN game I will make a screenshot as well.
Is there anyway to send you a log instead?

Thank you and best regards :classic_smile:
Nuv

Hi @Nuvolarix,

Unfortunately, there is no way to debug it like that and there is no accessible logs. I'm thinking of adding a way to access easily the log so that the user could sent it to me if a bug occurs. Screenshots won't really help, sorry.

But Windows 8.1 is pretty old 😅, it might be the issue.

If you want to help with the testing, contact me in private. We'll see what we can do 😁.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Ender0042 said:

First, huge thanks for your feedback. It is really helpful !

The thing is, the API doesn't give access to driver names un multiplayer games. I would like to find a way to identify a player among different session but I don't know how.

Since I don't play multiplayer game myself (I'm on PS4 and it requires a paid membership to the ps-plus service), it's hard to find a workaround. I may come to it someday though.

The information provided by the partecipant package descibed in this post cannot be used? I noticed that there is the car number and some other information. Maybe you cannot access that package cause you can't use online via PS+?

4 hours ago, Ender0042 said:

I don't see the point of creating a single file with multiple JSON inside. But what could be possible is to add a action to export every loaded laps in one clic. Or maybe an external tool to convert any lap/stint/race in JSON.

Having only one JSON made the file easiest to use in some usage for league website.

I suggested this solution because in my logic could be easiest also for you to develop. Obviously I'm thinking by the way I would script the function. If the as-is code is easiest to evolve using an action that create multiple files it's the same.

14 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

The information provided by the partecipant package descibed in this post cannot be used? I noticed that there is the car number and some other information. Maybe you cannot access that package cause you can't use online via PS+?

The package is accessible but the information inside is different in multiplayer games. There are a lot of report saying that. For the car number, I don't know since I never tested it.

14 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

I suggested this solution because in my logic could be easiest also for you to develop. Obviously I'm thinking by the way I would script the function. If the as-is code is easiest to evolve using an action that create multiple files it's the same.

Well, I supposed it wouldn't be too hard for anyone to transform the files to change the format. But I don't want to implement a feature used for a single specific need. The JSON export is a feature which can be used for multiple things.

Noticed only now:
In the software the information about Pitstops and Stints are shown, but they are not exported in the JSON (where the array of that datas are empty)

"Race": {
        "endPosition": 8,
        "nbSafetyCars": 4,
        "nbVirtualSafetyCars": 1,
        "penalties": 0,
        "pitstops": [
        ],
        "pointScored": 4,
        "raceStatus": 3,
        "startedGridPosition": 15,
        "stintsLaps": [
        ],
        "stintsTyres": [
        ]
    },

3 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

Noticed only now:
In the software the information about Pitstops and Stints are shown, but they are not exported in the JSON (where the array of that datas are empty)

Thanks ! I'll fix that.

I'm using the app on my Mac and its great! The only issue I have is that the app doesn't always record my laps. I guess it's when doing one of the training programs and/or when using the flashback option. Is this a known issue? 

50 minutes ago, Alarma2nd said:

I'm using the app on my Mac and its great! The only issue I have is that the app doesn't always record my laps. I guess it's when doing one of the training programs and/or when using the flashback option. Is this a known issue? 

Hi,

With the last version (2.3) this kind of issues should be rare. If you can isolate what you are doing when it happens it would be great.

Thanks !