Jump to content Jump to content

Telemetry Software: PXG F1 Telemetry

Ender, I wanted to thank you for a great tool.  It's helping me lower my times by comparing myself as Bottas against Hamilton at 110 in short 5 lap races.  I have domestic data limits so I must be frugal with data volumes.  Bottas vs. Hamilton gives me lots of data to identify where I can improve.  The graphics are basic and very easy to operate.

Question: Balance data always shows understeer in all corners.  Is this because of the delay between my wheel input and the games' response?  It would be great if there were some way to get a more useful output of under/over steer.

I also still use the 2019 game.  The latest version of your tool doesn't seem to work with this game.  I tried downloading the most recent version with "2019" in the filename, but then neither program seemed to work.  I had to delete files of both versions and limit myself to 2020 to get things working again.  Any advice on this point?  FYI-I run the games on an Xbox and your tools on a PC.

12 hours ago, Cold Explorer said:

Ender, I wanted to thank you for a great tool.  It's helping me lower my times by comparing myself as Bottas against Hamilton at 110 in short 5 lap races.  I have domestic data limits so I must be frugal with data volumes.  Bottas vs. Hamilton gives me lots of data to identify where I can improve.  The graphics are basic and very easy to operate.

Question: Balance data always shows understeer in all corners.  Is this because of the delay between my wheel input and the games' response?  It would be great if there were some way to get a more useful output of under/over steer.

I also still use the 2019 game.  The latest version of your tool doesn't seem to work with this game.  I tried downloading the most recent version with "2019" in the filename, but then neither program seemed to work.  I had to delete files of both versions and limit myself to 2020 to get things working again.  Any advice on this point?  FYI-I run the games on an Xbox and your tools on a PC.

The "balance" data is not really meaningful. It was a test to see if it can be useful but it's too complicated to interpret. I will probably remove it in the next year version.

For the 2019 game, I had report that the latest compatible version is not working. I don't really have a lot of time to work on that so I might completely drop it. But nothing is decided yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I cannot download on MacOS. Bitbucket URL redirects to AWS S3 url which returns SSL error.

Update: I could download the application by using curl. Thank you.

Edited by trk54ylmz
problem resolved

I’m having trouble recording downloaded lap data with your application.  Can I confirm the exact sequence of steps?  Below is my understanding from your Quick Instructions file,

1.       Start your PGX-F1 Telemetry program and in the Tracking tab note the Local IP address.  In the lower window it will say “Listening… (port 20777)”

2.       Start F1 2020 game (if not already irunning) and in the Home window go to Game Options > Settings > Telemetry.  Turn Telemetry ON and set the IP address to match the Local IP address in the PGX-F1 window (noted in Step 1).  Make sure other parameters are set to the values you explain in your Quick Instructions

3.       HERE IS WHERE I NEED TO BE SURE OF THE SEQUENCE…..Do I click Start now or choose a session first?  Does it matter?  Following my interpretation of your instructions, this is what I do…

4.       In F1 2020, either start a Grand Prix event or choose a Time Trial (or a multiplayer online race).

5.       Once in one of these sessions, your instructions suggest to me that I will see a line of text in the Tracking window indicating that a session has been detected and the driver selection window will list all the possible drivers to track, but I’m not getting this response.  How long does it take to recognize that a session has been started in the game?

6.       If a session is detected, then choose the drivers to track and click Start.

7.       Drive and data will be recorded and stored.

Because a session is never detected (even though I start one and complete many laps) I have tried the option of (after Step 3)

4. choose “Me” in the driver selection window and click Start. The Tracking window returns the line “Waiting for a session…” 

5. THEN I start a session  (either a race or a time trial),

6. but again, no data are recorded even after driving many laps.

FYI, I am using a PC to run your program and an XboxOne console. for the game  My PC has a network monitor that confirms that data are being downloaded which I believe confirms that my Xbox is transmitting data and it is being received by my PC.  Thus both are on the same network and are using the same IP address.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

13 hours ago, Explorer said:

I’m having trouble recording downloaded lap data with your application.  Can I confirm the exact sequence of steps?  Below is my understanding from your Quick Instructions file,

1.       Start your PGX-F1 Telemetry program and in the Tracking tab note the Local IP address.  In the lower window it will say “Listening… (port 20777)”

2.       Start F1 2020 game (if not already irunning) and in the Home window go to Game Options > Settings > Telemetry.  Turn Telemetry ON and set the IP address to match the Local IP address in the PGX-F1 window (noted in Step 1).  Make sure other parameters are set to the values you explain in your Quick Instructions

3.       HERE IS WHERE I NEED TO BE SURE OF THE SEQUENCE…..Do I click Start now or choose a session first?  Does it matter?  Following my interpretation of your instructions, this is what I do…

4.       In F1 2020, either start a Grand Prix event or choose a Time Trial (or a multiplayer online race).

5.       Once in one of these sessions, your instructions suggest to me that I will see a line of text in the Tracking window indicating that a session has been detected and the driver selection window will list all the possible drivers to track, but I’m not getting this response.  How long does it take to recognize that a session has been started in the game?

6.       If a session is detected, then choose the drivers to track and click Start.

7.       Drive and data will be recorded and stored.

Because a session is never detected (even though I start one and complete many laps) I have tried the option of (after Step 3)

4. choose “Me” in the driver selection window and click Start. The Tracking window returns the line “Waiting for a session…” 

5. THEN I start a session  (either a race or a time trial),

6. but again, no data are recorded even after driving many laps.

FYI, I am using a PC to run your program and an XboxOne console. for the game  My PC has a network monitor that confirms that data are being downloaded which I believe confirms that my Xbox is transmitting data and it is being received by my PC.  Thus both are on the same network and are using the same IP address.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

What you are doing seems correct. You can press the Start button anytime, that doesn't matter. The track name and the drivers should appear while you are in the garage. If that's not the case it's not working.

Do you have another software which read the udp data ? It is not possible to have two of them.

Are you using the latest version available (2.4) dans F1 2020 ?

Did you test both methods presented in the "Quick Instructions" ?

Also, if you have two connections on your PC (ex: wifi + ethernet) the IP address displayed in the app might be the wrong one. But if you use the 2nd method proposed, that's shouldn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, great App, thanks ! Any way to buy you a coffee 🙂 ? 

I have a question also, is there any way to save the listening port / address to avoid modifying it at each launch ?  (I use simhub on pc and redirect udp traffic to another port, default one is used by simhub. could do the opposite off course, so it is not so important).

10 hours ago, Nico Duj said:

First of all, great App, thanks ! Any way to buy you a coffee 🙂 ? 

Depending of where you live, it might be possible 😀 !

I have a question also, is there any way to save the listening port / address to avoid modifying it at each launch ?  (I use simhub on pc and redirect udp traffic to another port, default one is used by simhub. could do the opposite off course, so it is not so important).

The listening port and address, that you set in the top right corner on the "Tracking" page should be saved in the application settings when you close the application.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Ender0042 said:

Depending of where you live, it might be possible 😀 !

I leave in France, near Le Havre 🙂 But was more thinking of a paypal account / koffee account in fact !

13 hours ago, Ender0042 said:

The listening port and address, that you set in the top right corner on the "Tracking" page should be saved in the application settings when you close the application.

It comes back to default at each launch on my PC. Is there a file I can check for permission issues ?

I leave in France, near Le Havre 🙂 But was more thinking of a paypal account / koffee account in fact !

It comes back to default at each launch on my PC. Is there a file I can check for permission issues ?

Thanks, but I don't need donation for the moment. I'm only doing that for fun...

I'll contact you in private, to try to find a fix for your issue.

• Thanks 1
On 6/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, jackygabbana said:

Thanks for the app. Works great!

What is the datatype for .f1race? How can I read it programmaticly. 

It is a binary file.

But you can export these files in JSON from the app. It's the best way to read them programmatically.