F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Play as yourself in championship mode

Been asking for this for years. In the championship mode you can only play as the real driver.

Why is there not an option like my team and driver career where we can play as ourselves? I don't want to do drivers career as I can't be bothered to do the practice sessions or or upgrade the car.

I just want to get racing and be able to play with my own name and not as max verstappen as an example.

Such a great idea. I’d love to be able to just jump into a saved championship. 

well I hope codemasters look at it as not all of us want to do the practice programs and the car development. I just want to focus on the racing but without all the technical stuff.

• Disagree 1

I'd love to see this option. Using your driver in championship mode or single race. Having penalties in championship mode too if you want. Managing engines and gear boxes would add a lot too.

I always play championship mode. I don't like career mode because car development and driver transferts can make it look unrealistic pretty quickly.

Considering we're the 11th team on the grid... doesn't that make us part of the Championship?  By definition, we should be on the roster.  😛

I was annoyed in 2019 that I could not drive as myself in an F2 or F1 Grand Prix mode series. Seems a very silly omission. 

This has been requested also the abilty to se the cars to equal and as well as letting us use any car in time trial to set a fast lap (as usual the Merc is the fastest so have to use that) 

These have all been requested for the past 3 years now 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:09 PM, sirio994 said:

I'd love to see this option. Using your driver in championship mode or single race. Having penalties in championship mode too if you want. Managing engines and gear boxes would add a lot too.

I always play championship mode. I don't like career mode because car development and driver transferts can make it look unrealistic pretty quickly.

Driver transfers can be disabled in career mode (that’s what I did otherwise you end up with a crazy grid). Car development is interesting because if you choose a midfield team, you can fight progressively against the top 3.