Engine change

isn't it possible to switch engine supplier at the end of the season? Or even the main sponser?

11 minutes ago, Kroeze said:

isn't it possible to switch engine supplier at the end of the season? Or even the main sponser?

Yes for both but on Xbox even if you change engines the original engine sound doesn’t switch to the new one. 

Edited by Theseus

Not only possible, but semi-mandatory. From what I heard, once you hit the end of the season you will need to pay out those 4m even if you want to renew your deal with your current engine supplier.

35 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Yes for both but on Xbox even if you change engines the original engine sound doesn’t switch to the new one. 

Did you log this as a bug?

@DrDraken there are a couple topics there on the issue already. I didn't get to the end of my first season yet so can't confirm if happens on PS4 too, but there are a handful of reports there already.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marioho said:

@DrDraken there are a couple topics there on the issue already. I didn't get to the end of my first season yet so can't confirm if happens on PS4 too, but there are a handful of reports there already.

Fair enough.  If there's a bug logged, and it's not "With Developers" then you can always add data (unless it's locked).  If you experienced the same bug, adding your data and screenshots/clips can help the devs zero in on the problem. 

• Agree 1

You can change engines  every year if you wish,  Mercedes is now the fastest  engine past season one. Sounds definitely  do change side note the Mercedes  engine sounds broken at max speed imo

• Thanks 1

That's been my concern here playing My Team.  There simply isn't enough information out there as to how the mode works so we know how to plan accordingly.

Has anyone completed a season in My Team?  What happens?  What do you need cash for at the end of the season?   Obviously a driver contract renewal, and as someone referenced above; a renewal of your current engine, or a deal to replace your engine supplier with a new one.   But, do the values of the engine deals go up moving into season 2 based on the progression of the engine throughout season 1?   I know I haven't spent alot of R&D on my Renault engine simply because I've gotten 3 supplier upgrades that have helped keep it on pace, but does that mean the originally 3.2 million(or whatever the number was) it cost me to select them will now be $4m or more?  

There's too many unknowns here that it would be nice to have some clarity on.   I just finished the race at Monza, so the end of the season is nearing.  I've got around $4m in the bank right now but I'm figuring it's time to shut down spending now to prepare for the upcoming year.  I want to switch to Merc or Ferrari engines next year & I'd like to hire a competitive driver to help me continue to develop the car, but I need to upgrade my facilities still too.   I know I'm already getting a $10m sponsor bonus because I've achieved my goal with them, so I'll have some cash to play with but I'm unsure how much I'm going to actually need to roll into year 2 without going belly up.

Truth be told, it's kind of why I'm rushing my way through this first season in My Team mode so I can get an idea how it works to run a real one.  Problem is, I've really become attached to this team & my results so far from a facility & R&D standpoint.  It's gone from a test environment, to my actual team. 

I finished my first season ,22 races so I'll tell you what and how , but im from Poland , use translator , lets go :classic_cool:

Collect money because you spend the money you earn on a new driver , after contracting a new driver the season is coming to an end , only then do you get money from sponsors etc , 

you choose a new supplier of engine, painting, etc. as far as I remember, the price of the engines is 4 million and more.

Most important: In the first season you have to collect cash and spend only if you are going to buy a specific driver, when you have a notification about an expiring contract with your driver, check who needs what , this is just an example, eg leclerc wants a second aero level , so upgrade it to second tier , leave the rest and collect cash , when you collect money for charles, upgrade your center as you like , I hope I helped at least a little :classic_blush:

One more thing: at the end of the season, the news will come that changes to the aero and the body are being prepared for the next season, you will have to correct the installed modifications for half the price of resources.

Edited by wolty
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1