Sign in to follow this  

My F1 team in My Team is Awful, Love the challenge

My f1 team in my team is absolutely awful. I love it. Highest finish 19th worst finish 21st. No where to go but up. I like the challenge. Difficulty at 100. Using a controller, having issue with wheel being recognized.  Looking forward to the challenge of bringing my team forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, missile8310 said:

having issue with wheel being recognized.

Is it, perhaps, a Logitech Driving Force?  I had a G29 for 2 weeks.  The last 5 days it gave me such grief that I replaced it.  The issue was that the logitech software wouldn't detect the wheel.  To fix that I had to manually change one of the settings files, which allowed me to install other system files that allowed the software to see the that the wheel was actually attached.

And apparently the reason for this has to do with the registry entries being changed by iRacing or PCARS 2 (or possibly other games) and F1 2020 can't find the new entry.

Royal pain in the aa...as I said, I changed wheels.

The G29 is getting donated for research.  😉

1 hour ago, DrDraken said:

Is it, perhaps, a Logitech Driving Force?  I had a G29 for 2 weeks.  The last 5 days it gave me such grief that I replaced it.  The issue was that the logitech software wouldn't detect the wheel.  To fix that I had to manually change one of the settings files, which allowed me to install other system files that allowed the software to see the that the wheel was actually attached.

And apparently the reason for this has to do with the registry entries being changed by iRacing or PCARS 2 (or possibly other games) and F1 2020 can't find the new entry.

Logitech GeForce with windows 10 requires you to download a program called Logitech G Hub then it works https://support.logi.com/hc/en-au/articles/360025298133

2 hours ago, DrDraken said:

I love the g29.  I have a g27

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maffoom007 said:

Logitech GeForce with windows 10 requires you to download a program called Logitech G Hub then it works https://support.logi.com/hc/en-au/articles/360025298133

yes except G Hub is still in beta and doesn't work properly.

you need to go into the json file and find the g29 entry, then change a line from true to false or visa versa.

meanwhile logitech gaming software, which logitech does not support does work.

now the kicker, if you decide to uninstall ghub, your logitech g29 will no longer function properly and windows will only ever see it as Logitech g29 G HUB racing wheel in devices. (baring a format).

so you MUST use the software from that point on. Switching profiles between different games becomes a massive pain in the a......

and logitech support page is less helpful than blind man in a colouring in contest.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, missile8310 said:

My f1 team in my team is absolutely awful. I love it. Highest finish 19th worst finish 21st. No where to go but up. I like the challenge. Difficulty at 100. Using a controller, having issue with wheel being recognized.  Looking forward to the challenge of bringing my team forward.

Your team will even get more awful as the teams around you this year stay up to par with you in R&D. There wait's a big challenge ahead for you to even escape to the midfield. Yes the challenge this year is perfect

• Like 2

14 hours ago, missile8310 said:

I love the g29.  I have a g27

I have a G27 as well.  Awesome rig.  I got the G29 to have the buttons on the wheel.  It was beautiful for a while.  Then Logitech updated their Ghub software and it stopped working.  As someone else here mentioned, you have to go into one of the setup files and change a line about the G29 from false to true.  That makes the program install two additional directories.  You then go into each of those directories and install one .inf file in each directory.  Then Ghub can see that the wheel exists.

Unfortunately, after I did all that and rebooted the computer, it was back to the same issue.  After more research I found that the registry file gets changed by other games, and the Logitech software can no longer find it.  It's like Ghub is looking for an exact line, instead of just finding the line with "G29 Driving Force" in it.  Anyway, after changing the registry file, the wheel worked.

But that meant that I could never play iRacing again, because that is what caused the change in the registry file.  To use both games, I needed to keep two versions of my registry.  As I wrote, it became a major nuisance, so I just got a T300.  Haven't had a single problem since.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the G29.  I just have limited gaming time, and after 5 nights of fighting with a wheel instead of playing/beta testing, I had to make the change.

5 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Your team will even get more awful as the teams around you this year stay up to par with you in R&D. There wait's a big challenge ahead for you to even escape to the midfield. Yes the challenge this year is perfect

It's frustrating the heck out of me.  When I finally feel like I'm making progress with some "major" upgrades, they take forever to develop & almost always fail, setting me back further.  The R&D graph shows I'll surpass 2 teams when they are complete, but by the time I get them complete those teams finish upgrades of their own and I'm back where I started.  lol    I say it's frustrating yes, but I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way.

I just hope that all teams are able to max out at the same maximum this year.  I especially hope that My Team won't be capped as a lower rated team once everyone maxes out in 7-8 seasons time. Like how Williams will always be last on the charts even after all teams max out R&D.  Major disappointment when I saw that was the case last year getting through 8 seasons in career mode.  Almost felt like.... what's the point?  So I really hope that when we reach that maxed out point, you still aren't stuck with an underperforming car/team.  I get that it woudln't make sense for every team to be equal when maxed out either, but there's got to be a better way than capping teams at their original performance levels after all that work.

Anyone know if the development is as slow/challenging in regular Driver Career mode this year as well?  I haven't even played it really due to My Team.   Hopefully it is.

Agree the challenge is so much better this year but think the failure rates on some of the new development parts is a bit steep, creating what others explained here of never been able to catch up but hope it does get better in later seasons(playing 100% races so be ages to find out lol ).