Advice

I haven't got kinect but got a headset with mic how am I able to use voice commands in game please? 

Just now, Gallearsc said:

I haven't got kinect but got a headset with mic how am I able to use voice commands in game please? 

i'm not sure if i understand you but you don't need kinect at all in the game so i don't see why you point that out XD to use voice commands you need to select your microphone input in the console settings and it should make you use in game voice commands

I think he mentioned Kinect because on XB1, the game looks for it and states Kinect not found, voice commands disabled. 

I've just spent a chunk of the day looking for my headset, but all I can find is one for XB360. It makes more sense than fumbling for the right MFD selection. 

I want to use voice commands in mfd but I'm stumped 

5 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

I think he mentioned Kinect because on XB1, the game looks for it and states Kinect not found, voice commands disabled. 

I've just spent a chunk of the day looking for my headset, but all I can find is one for XB360. It makes more sense than fumbling for the right MFD selection. 

8 minutes ago, Gallearsc said:

I want to use voice commands in mfd but I'm stumped  

The voice commands are specific things that you can ask Jeff.  You have to assign a button for it, then just press that button while out on track.  You can ask about stuff like weather, time between you and the car ahead or behind, etc.

I don't think you can change anything on the MFD settings by voice.

14 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

The voice commands are specific things that you can ask Jeff.  You have to assign a button for it, then just press that button while out on track.  You can ask about stuff like weather, time between you and the car ahead or behind, etc.

I don't think you can change anything on the MFD settings by voice.

How and I don't need kinect then 

1 minute ago, Gallearsc said:

How and I don't need kinect then 

As long as you have a mic connected to your Xbox, you should be all good.

In the controller settings, you can assign a button to "Radio" or "Voice Control" (I can't remember exactly what it's called).

When you're on track, if you hit that button the other sounds will become quieter and you'll be able to talk to Jeff and ask about stuff.  A menu also comes up that you can navigate through.  I suggest doing it while you don't care about your lap time, because there are a lot of choices to go through, and it may take a bit to learn them all.

• Agree 1

Mic and headset connected to controller and I've looked through and it has button assigned rb but that does nothing 

Lots of misinformation in this thread I'm afraid @Gallearsc, I can only assume that all those above are on PC or PS4.

Unfortunately on Xbox one, without kinnect, it is not possible to use voice commands. This is an issue with Microsoft, not Codies fault.

I lost access to voice commands when I upgraded to the One X and MS no longer produce the adaptor.

Edited by CarloLewis

7 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

Sorry, so headsets/mics don't work? That's ridiculous. 

On Xbox, for voice commands, no they don't.

2 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

Well, that saves me £50 then 😂😂

16 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

Just one more reason to ditch the xbox and go to PC