Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 Patch

LiteralZero

Hello everyone!

F1 2015 is almost here but as I’m sure you’ve all seen a few people have got hold of early copies and I wanted to just let you know that the version you’re seeing and playing is the un-patched version of the game.

I’m pleased to say that the patch, which will contain all of the updated wheels and liveries to the cars, alongside the addition of the Manor F1 team will be showing up for download very shortly on all platforms.

Alongside the additional content, this patch will also contain a number of bug fixes and tweaks.

We’re excited to see you all finally play F1 2015 and can’t wait for Friday when you can all get your hands on it. :smile:

Hello everyone!

F1 2015 is almost here but as I’m sure you’ve all seen a few people have got hold of early copies and I wanted to just let you know that the version you’re seeing and playing is the un-patched version of the game.

I’m pleased to say that the patch, which will contain all of the updated wheels and liveries to the cars, alongside the addition of the Manor F1 team will be showing up for download very shortly on all platforms.

Alongside the additional content, this patch will also contain a number of bug fixes and tweaks.

We’re excited to see you all finally play F1 2015 and can’t wait for Friday when you can all get your hands on it. :smile:

Will we have SC?

People who preorder on steam will get F1 2015 GuideBook?

PS. Ill copy paste some other question from forum members since they were not answered.

Will there be multi-format online racing, meaning Xbox ONE and PC drivers can race together?

Will pit stops be manual, meaning we control the pit speed limiter, the driving, and are responsible for stopping in the correct spot in our box?

Will online grid sizes be increased to 20 to match the real world?

Will setup values be changed to real world values instead of the 1-11 scale?

mmpaw37 said:

I thought as much! ;) - Thanks @LiteralZero for the information.

By the way, did you receive my question regarding the Saubers' steering wheel size...?

It needs resizing to that of real life, so if you could pass that on to the developers it would be appreciated, then they could amend this issue.

Thanks m8!

I will try to make sure this issue is not forgotten. I have already tweeted this problem to the principal game designer. As this is a proved issue and  there is only one team concerned, I guess that Sauber will not be very happy with this. Anyway, the game has to officially come out before we can report to third parties, As CM has a good reputation in terms of ignoring community feedback and do not pay too much attention to detail once the game is at stores, I think that this is the only way to make some noise.
xTomyLEE said:

Hello everyone!

Will we have SC?

People who preorder on steam will get F1 2015 GuideBook?

PS. Ill copy paste some other question from forum members since they were not answered.

Will there be multi-format online racing, meaning Xbox ONE and PC drivers can race together?

Will pit stops be manual, meaning we control the pit speed limiter, the driving, and are responsible for stopping in the correct spot in our box?

Will online grid sizes be increased to 20 to match the real world?

Will setup values be changed to real world values instead of the 1-11 scale?

for the guidebook I think you need a boxed copy not a Steam one because it comes in the box
mykalboi said:
mmpaw37 said:
mykalboi said:
How do I download it without the game ? 

You can't. What platform are you on?
Im on PS4 But getting my copy on Friday that's if I decided to buy it 

Unfortunately you caqn't download patches for games unless you have the game first I'm afraid. Fortunately patches don't take that long to download though.
Why was the game released in such a broken state in the first place?
I wouldn't go as far as calling it broken, but they committed to a deadline and this is just the facts of life when trying to finalize things under such self-imposed constraints. Game releases are not perfect - it's more of an art than a science - trust me. It's not like it was in the early nintendo or even playstation days and developers try to take advantage of that (as CM did) and with that comes risk. You're just seeing some oversights and other bits and pieces that they thought wouldn't bother the non-hardcore group as much but still satisfy their desire to start racing as soon as possible.

They weighed this against the likely possibility that the grumblers will grumble and decided to move forward with the release anyway - which was kind of a no-brainer IMO.
I have asked so many times on there twitter about a formation lap no reply, makes me laugh that it was put into f1 2006 on PS2 yet CM just can't add it on there gear, also I remember there being a safety car on a F1 game on PS1 so at the end of the day CM are just being lazy. 

Why was the game released in such a broken state in the first place?

Because there are enough people who pre-order & buy it anyway, so there's no incentive for game makers to do better.

Game companies know the bugs & issues are there, but they've done their calculations & decided that they can still profit by selling poor quality - and they don't deem the return on higher quality to be worth it:

• if a 50% decrease in quality investment only results in a 20% drop in revenue (this year), they're still ahead 30%

• if a 20% increase in quality investment only yields a 15% increase in revenue (this year), they're behind 5%

The period leading up to launch & shortly thereafter is when customers have the least information & the most anticipation. The only way we'll get higher quality games is if more customers change their buying patterns so that it won't be so easy for game companies to bank on our stoked anticipation & lack of information.

...inb4 the typical board of ivy league MBA professors who frequent video game forums chimes in with their trite & meaningless mantra "companies are in business to make money" - yeah, and so are crooks & scammers, but that doesn't make their practices acceptable.

Archived