Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Second driver stat upgrades disappear after one race weekend (with video)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

2.       Platform
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
4.       Game-mode? 
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

1. After selecting f.e. the driving school, or g-force training 'weekly activity' there will an +2 behind the upgraded second driver statistic. But after one race weekend it will be gone.

2. PC

3. 1.03

4. My team

5. 5, I've tested with multiple different careers, and multiple drivers. 
Replication steps: start a my team career, use the driving school weekly activity, look at second driver stats, advance everything after the first race weekend, look again at driver stats and see the +3's disappeared and no change in the original numbers.

NOTE: It's not only this driving school weekly activity, I've tested with other weekly activities aswell. Also I have reinstalled the game and tried multiple savegames. I've been very thorough..

6. See above

7. Thrustmaster T300

Timestamps: 
3:33 Watch me do the weekly activity thats supposed to upgrade stats
3:45 the upgraded stats have appeared
6:53 the upgraded stats have disappeared

Sidenote: the +2 upgraded stat at 3:20 in the video is also a bug, it's a fresh savegame so there's not supposed to be any upgraded stats yet. It belongs to a different career savegame

Edited by TimbaTim

Is this fixed now? Can somebody at least acknowledge this problem? I made a whole video about it and everything.. It's a pretty obvious bug.

It also means I have to switch drivers every season, as their stats don't level up enough to make to extra millions of salary a worthwhile investment.. I really would've liked to kept Nyck as driver but it just doesn't make sense now.

This isn't a bug. These are temporary buffs to the 2nd driver which last 1 race. The only buffs that are permanent (the green numbers stay) are the ones from the facilities in the personnel department. And to justify paying the extra millions of salary you gain more acclaim which allows you to get more sponsors and therefore more money.

• Like 1

That doesn't make any sense... Nowhere does it state that this is a temporary, 1 race boost.. It states it as a definite boost.

And the salaries of the formula 2 drivers go up at a pretty fast rate by the way. You should be able to invest in their stats to make it worthwhile to keep them. Because they will never get anywhere near a decent experience stat for example, even if you keep them for multiple seasons.

Edited by TimbaTim

15 hours ago, TimbaTim said:

That doesn't make any sense... Nowhere does it state that this is a temporary, 1 race boost.. It states it as a definite boost.

And the salaries of the formula 2 drivers go up at a pretty fast rate by the way. You should be able to invest in their stats to make it worthwhile to keep them. Because they will never get anywhere near a decent experience stat for example, even if you keep them for multiple seasons.

Barry mentioned the boosts being temporary here in this thread:

Oh! Thank you! Well I guess it's intentional then.. Still doesn't make too much sense imo but whatever haha. 

I thought I looked pretty well on this subject but couldnt find this topic, sorry about that and thanks for the link 🙂

Really is a shame that these boosts are temporary. It makes building, and developing your teammate a waste of time. 

Seeing my favourite F2 drivers languishing around at the back, is not fun, or true to life. 

54 minutes ago, DillarF1 said:

Really is a shame that these boosts are temporary. It makes building, and developing your teammate a waste of time. 

Seeing my favourite F2 drivers languishing around at the back, is not fun, or true to life. 

They do improve overtime, some more than others though since some reach 90+ pace whilst others barely reach 80 pace and if you sign them as your 2nd driver eventually you are able to permanently boost each of their stats by +15

19 hours ago, CameronB said:

They do improve overtime, some more than others though since some reach 90+ pace whilst others barely reach 80 pace and if you sign them as your 2nd driver eventually you are able to permanently boost each of their stats by +15

Yeah, I get this, I'm 4 seasons into a myteam. It's a shame that we cannot influence that growth with support though. Facilities aside, it's underwhelming.